This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McG, Bay clash over robot blockbusters

McG has hit out at director Michael Bay for criticising his upcoming blockbuster Terminator Salvation.

Bay, whose Transformers sequel will be a box office opponent to McG's Terminator revival this summer, suggested that the filmmaker is copying him.

Writing on his official site, Bay noted the similarities between the new Terminator movie, which featured a giant robot in its latest trailer, and Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen.

"We've seen the great year end movies, and watched the upcoming clips of the upcoming summer fare," wrote Bay. "We've seen certain movies coming out even try to duplicate Transformer size robots in their ads. Please, come on."

McG admitted that Bay's comments had annoyed him, telling Comcast: "It bothers me, to tell you the truth. Ultimately, our large robots have nothing to do with the Transformers robots. I say with respect, giant robots have been the theme of film for a real long time. So we want to do everything we can to create separation."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...ckbusters.html

Man, Giant Mechas.

Japan must be furious about all this plagerism.

Comment

Micheal Bay is right. McG is totally ripping off Iron Giant.
      I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Does Michael Bay think that he invented Transformers? Although, the giant robot in T4 is pretty stupid, not to mention incredibly inefficient. Terminator is one of the more realistic sci-fi series, at least up until T3. After all, James Cameron majored in physics in college so he knows how to give his movies that sense of realism. Giant bipedal robots just aren't very useful war machines. They can be easily crippled and the concentration of their mass on two small points can crush the ground beneath them.

Comment

I say let McG and Bay have their little argument. I could care less, and I'm sure I'll thoroughly enjoy both movies.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
          X