• Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: NEW Poll Jan 12 '09

At MGM Stargate:

STARGATE POLL

Todd asks: “Is there going to be a next time?”

* Yes, in the Atlantis movie!

* No, it's time for a new villain.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I voted but I'm very annoyed about him being classed as a villain.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      That's because he is the villain, but he's the kind of villain that thinks he's good, which him makes him a better villain than any other villain who thinks they have to act evil because they are evil. Todd is a complex sort of villain... or I'm giving the writers too much credit.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Todd is a complex sort of villain... or I'm giving the writers too much credit.
        I think he's the token surviving Wraith for the Wraith fans but the writers don't really know what to do with him. Or am I just being cynical?
        sigpic

Comment

Todd isn't a villain
          I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

I had to go through a "back door" to get to the poll. I voted but I personally thought it was a very poor question. But then again I felt that, personally, many of the polls on this particular site where rather poor. I mean, who has the better poker face, who would you like to see switch personalities. Just fluff. They forgot the really good polls about a persons real feeling about the shows. Maybe they will come back, but I, personally, doubt it.
            There are only 10 types of people in the world
            Those who understand binary
            and those who don't.

Comment

Todd asks: “Is there going to be a next time?”
              1. Yes, in the Atlantis movie! - 90%
              2. No, it's time for a new villain. - 10%

I think that speaks for itself.

I don't think Todd is a villain either. He's a member of the enemy race, but he himself has never been a direct enemy to the Lanteans (current Lanteans, that is).

Comment

I agree with Falcon Horus, Todd is a villain, but a complex one of that. He's an ally, because of the unfortunate circumstances, elseways, he wouldn't hesitate to eliminate Sheppard & co (as he proved in The Lost Tribe). He respects the Earthlings, but I don't think he sees this alliance as a permanent one.

But he's so coool!

And there's going to be a next time for Todd. I think we got a glimpse of his future in Vegas.
                sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I stated in a different thread that Todd has done more then his fair share in the fight against the Wraith. He has gone from villain to ally throughout the series. I for one, really hope that he is in the movies. He is a vital plot driver for the writers and I don't see them getting rid of him.
                  sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                    And there's going to be a next time for Todd. I think we got a glimpse of his future in Vegas.
                    I'm guessing there will be a lot of angry Todd fans if that turns out to be the case. Todd seems to be a very popular character and I've got the distinct impression that not all Todd fans are fans of Wraith in general.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing there will be a lot of angry Todd fans if that turns out to be the case. Todd seems to be a very popular character and I've got the distinct impression that not all Todd fans are fans of Wraith in general.
                      I myself am more a Todd fan than a Wraith fan.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        I myself am more a Todd fan than a Wraith fan.
                        I'm inclined to agree with morjana. I don't have the love for the Wraith that some of you crazy people but I think was one of greatest addition to SGA.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          That's because he is the villain, but he's the kind of villain that thinks he's good, which him makes him a better villain than any other villain who thinks they have to act evil because they are evil. Todd is a complex sort of villain... or I'm giving the writers too much credit.
                          I think the actor deserves a lot of credit for playing such a complex character so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                            I think the actor deserves a lot of credit for playing such a complex character so well.
                            I will definitely second that. I don't think another actor could have made Todd as compelling a character. I really hope we see Todd in the Atlantis movie.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

He's the "bad guy" or "villain" in regards to the plot or storyline. One can always call him the "antagonist."

Todd is a very interesting character and Christopher does a wonderful job of playing him.

But he is the villain.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                              X