This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the most ominous Villian

I think that the Replicators are the most ominous because the eff with your head, cylons because you could be one and not know it and then borg because resistance is futile. V was pretty bad because didn't they want to eat us?

I can't really think of many Villian's that generate a feeling of incoming doom,
    they are too cartoonish like Vader or just get diluted over time like those bad guys in space operas.

maybe that Sauron guy from LOTR, or HAL from 2001 (the second that computer opens his voicebox you know something crazy is going to happen). To a lesser extent Pennywise from "It" was very ominous but by the second part of the movie he had completely jumped the shark.

Comment

I think Cybermen are possibly the most ominous villain as you phrase it.

Death is one thing, scary maybe, but death is death, regardless of how painful it is, ie death at the hands of a bug form replicator, or a dalek, or a goa'uld...

But losing one's humanity, becoming nothing more than a floating brain in a metal shell...

That would terrify me.

Second to that - Wraith. Not so much being killed by them, but SURVIVING an attack from them, like the Colonel in The Siege did...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

ID4 aliens, or galactus. mostly because they are slow, like the id4 asliens just sat there for ages, and until the last second seemed undefeatable.
        i agree with FoB, the cybermen, and the borg aswell are definatly ominous. because again, they do not rush anything, they know they'll get you eventually, why bother rushing? it's inefficient.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE why bother rushing? it's inefficient.[/QUOTE]

LOL true, but they are Vulcan like though.

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...28joker%29.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...16_Angelus.png
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 September 2009, 07:11 AM. Reason: images need to be uploaded from a hosting site,eg :photobucket,imageshack .:)
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
            X