Asgard Ships. What happend to them all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Ships. What happend to them all?

Ever since i first saw Unending i was wondering. What happened to all the Asgard ships? Were they all destroyed or are they still out somewhere and if so could we take them?
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

The Asgard were trying to rebuild their civilization. It is possible that many of them were dismantled for other uses. Then of course there was the whole blowing up of their their planet, which no doubt required huge amounts of energy.

Comment

The odd vessel controlled by the Replicators may have survived????? I mean just the ship if it was hit by the ARW

Comment

They very well may have recalled them all for dismantlement and recylced them and their powersources. But I do get the point. There were a few, and If they were giving Earth everthing, why not the odd O'neil class that they could retro-fit for tall people?
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

In Unending the Asgard recalled all ships, dismantled all outposts, and cleaned up after themselves unlike the ancients and goa'uld So as to not have their technology fall into hands of those not ready for it.

The gift of the computer to Earth is the only exception. However in order to use any of the tech in the computer they have to build it first, which requires a level of understanding. So they are ready for parts of it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
            In Unending the Asgard recalled all ships, dismantled all outposts, and cleaned up after themselves unlike the ancients and goa'uld So as to not have their technology fall into hands of those not ready for it.

The gift of the computer to Earth is the only exception. However in order to use any of the tech in the computer they have to build it first, which requires a level of understanding. So they are ready for parts of it anyways.
            hey who said they did that? i guess there is still asgard tech out there (i am convinced that they didn't have the time to clean up - they called us when they wanted to kill themselfes, shortly after they caught that disease and so....maybe who knows? could query the asgard core - they had outposts in our galaxy, we know that as the beliskner was stationed here (she was an older ship, so she stayed as not having her travel here everytime the snakes (goauld) became a problem)) so maybe there are some older asgard ships out there?

As for their advanced ships:

A few of them were in replicator hand...maybe they are floating around in space after being hit by the Dakara weapon?

And for others? maybe the kept them somewhere for us to find (if we are in dire need of help once again and 302's are not enough? - would be going along with the asgard way of thinking)

greetings LAX
            ps: i like the last idea (as i liked the "old" asgard very much....will write an FF where they still live, if i write my bunny

Comment

Working...
            X