Forerunners vs. Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forerunners vs. Ancients

Who do you think would win in a war between halo forerunners and stargate ancients, I'd say the forerunners but it's good to hear other oppinions.

I don't know really, I haven't played Halo 3 and don't know if you get to find out more about the Forerunners as a race in it.
    Was anymore of their story told in Halo 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
      I don't know really, I haven't played Halo 3 and don't know if you get to find out more about the Forerunners as a race in it.
      Was anymore of their story told in Halo 3?
      yeah you find out that the forerunners were human or at least related to humans, I posted this because I see alot of similarities between ancients and forerunners

Comment

Progenitors from Homeworld > both the Ancients and the Forerunners.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          Progenitors from Homeworld > both the Ancients and the Forerunners.
          Well, in terms of known tech value, Forerunners go to the Ark then deploy and trigger the Halo rings = dead Ancients
          But the only ships we know the forerunners to posses is the ship Truth runs about in, and we havn't seen it in combat. That makes it harder to compare
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            Well, in terms of known tech value, Forerunners go to the Ark then deploy and trigger the Halo rings = dead Ancients
            But the only ships we know the forerunners to posses is the ship Truth runs about in, and we havn't seen it in combat. That makes it harder to compare
            But if you read the books you find out that when the Prophets were at war with the Elites, before the formation of the Covenent, the Forerunner ship was able to bulldoze Elite ships, even when it was outnumbered. Also in Halo 3 it takes several MAC shots (5-7 i think) and it didn't take any damage at all.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
              But if you read the books you find out that when the Prophets were at war with the Elites, before the formation of the Covenent, the Forerunner ship was able to bulldoze Elite ships, even when it was outnumbered. Also in Halo 3 it takes several MAC shots (5-7 i think) and it didn't take any damage at all.
              True. I think that was said in Contact Harvest? But u have to remember that the human ships are no where near as advanced in Halo as the Ancient ships. Which is why I think the forerunners would have to use the halo rings. Zap, exploded brain, we win. harharhardy har
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

And the Ancients could do the same via the gate network and a Dakara device. They each have a galaxy-wide superweapon at their disposal.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

True. I think that was said in Contact Harvest? But u have to remember that the human ships are no where near as advanced in Halo as the Ancient ships. Which is why I think the forerunners would have to use the halo rings. Zap, exploded brain, we win. harharhardy har
                  It was either Contact Harvest or The Cole Protocol, but I think it was Contact Harvest. If 1 Forerunner ship could take out Elite ships with ease, what could a fleet of them do? Still, if all else fails they could just fall back to Onyx and then use the Halo rings.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    And the Ancients could do the same via the gate network and a Dakara device. They each have a galaxy-wide superweapon at their disposal.
                    But that wouldn't work if there wasn't a gate on the Forerunner planets.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

But that wouldn't work if there wasn't a gate on the Forerunner planets.
                      The Forerunners live in the Milky Way. If the two universes were merged to allow this to happen, the Halo array and stargate network would exist side-by-side.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        The Forerunners live in the Milky Way. If the two universes were merged to allow this to happen, the Halo array and stargate network would exist side-by-side.
                        But my point is their wouldn't be a gate on every planet.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

But my point is their wouldn't be a gate on every planet.
                          There are enough; the Dakara device was able to purge the entire galaxy of Replicators, after all. And if the two sides were at war, the Forerunners would constantly be near or on stargate-held worlds, as they would be the ones occupied by Ancients.

Comment

IF WE DISREGARD THE SUPERWEAPONS!

I thnk the Forruners have the upper hand, I'd like to point to the Onyx Sentinels to back this point us, little drones, no biogger than a car, which could take out 500+ meter covenent ships (which were already shielded).

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                              yeah you find out that the forerunners were human or at least related to humans, I posted this because I see alot of similarities between ancients and forerunners
                              From reading what people have posted about the Forerunner's ship capabilities I'd say it would be tough, perhaps putting the Forerunners neck and neck with the Ancients if each Ancient ship was powered off of a ZPM and had high quantities of Drones, that is if it's considered cannon to the Halo franchise.
                              The two races would be pretty evenly matched, so it may come down to each races tactics.

If one vessel is all the Forerunners had, against a whole mess of Auroras and a couple of fully powered City Ships then I think the Ancients would win.
                              It may come down to who gets to activate their galactic wide WMDs, but the Forerunners would have the edge as the Ancient Genesis device will only effect planets that have Stargates, wheres the Forerunner's Halos can wipe an entire galaxy clear.
                              Using the WMDs would for the most part mean the total annihilation of each species, unless the Stargates were able to cover every area the Forerunners occupied.

Do we know if the Forerunners were good tacticians?
                              Not being able to fight off the flood, or find a medical cure for the infection and giving in by using Halo may show them to be bad in this respect, where as the Ancients fought the Wraith, an intelligent, resourceful foe, with living technology for a hundred years and if there was only a handful of Wraith, perhaps a couple of Queens left over, who knew how to grow ships and clone they can survive.
                              The Ancients only downfall against the Wraith was their lack of numbers and inability to locate all threats.
                              I guess the two scenarios are fairly similar.

I can't decide really.

Comment

Working...
                              X