This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crusoe

Anybody watch it? I love this show. Absolutely terrific quality of television!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

watched it, but it's cancelled so who knows if the last few eps will ever air
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

These days, shows are barely given much of a chance. Networks, at least IMO, are pulling the plug much too quickly too often.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

they still expect a 25 share and massive ratings...which were possible back when people had 4 channels to watch, and one of those was pbs.

now a days, with hundreds of channels, it can take 6 weeks for people to even KNOW that there is a new show.

I do think crusoe was fatally flawed in that...how many times could they 'gilligans island' it? as in how many times could they have strangers on the island and continually fail in gettinig off the island and not have it be completely ridiculous?

Honestly, i think the old forumula of 'make a show and see how long it lasts' is dying. What some shows need are to be a 1-2 seasons only show. In other words, start the series knowing how and when it'll end.

FOr example, let Crusoe be a 23 hour serial drama that lasts 23 weeks and it's over. (just making up numbers)

let it have a set beginning, middle and end and then it's over.

I think if more show makers looked at serialized dramas instead of continuing series they'll be making more stable shows that might allow them the time to tell their stories and end them and then move onto another
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sadly, you may be very right Skydiver. But some of these networks don't even give these new shows a full season to catch on with viewers. Canceling a show after 10 or so episodes, IMO, is just wrong. They deserve more time than that. They are canceling things that may have succeeded if given more time.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I couldn't get past the second episode. Just couldn't get over the fact he had all these hand made gadgets and yet couldn't build some kind of boat to get off the island.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
            X