This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warner 'puts all DC movies on hold'

David Goyer has revealed that Warner Brothers have halted work on all upcoming movies based on DC Comics.

The Dark Knight co-writer confirmed that development on forthcoming features such as Supermax and Justice League has been stopped indefinitely.

"A lot of the DC movies at Warner Brothers are all on hold while they figure out, they're going to come up with some new plan, methodology, things like that so everything has just been pressed pause on at the moment," he told IESB.

Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the sequel to 2006's Superman Returns have also been affected.

"It was the double header of both Iron Man and The Dark Knight coming out," he added. "I think DC was responsible for 15% of Warner Brother's revenue this year, something crazy like that, so they realised that comic books, it's become a new genre, one of the most successful genres."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...s-on-hold.html

you think Fox's successfull lawsuit against WB over the rights to DC's Watchmen has anything to do with this?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      you think Fox's successfull lawsuit against WB over the rights to DC's Watchmen has anything to do with this?
      well i guess its a potenisal reason. but then i guess you've gotta consider that apart from the two batman films, most of WB superhero films have flopped.

Comment

I don't know what to really make of this news.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The only good ones are Iron Man, and the Dark knight

the others I could really care less for

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
            The only good ones are Iron Man, and the Dark knight

the others I could really care less for
            iron man, not only is it marvel... it was also distributed by paramount. so really has no bearing on this thread, and TDK, although good was overrated, partially due to Ledgers death.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Frak! I want my bloody Wonder Woman movie already! Why didn't they just let Joss Whedon do his script the way he wanted to? dorks.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I really hope things get straightened out soon with this.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  iron man, not only is it marvel... it was also distributed by paramount. so really has no bearing on this thread, and TDK, although good was overrated, partially due to Ledgers death.
                  Ha!! I guess I had no idea about that it was marvel.

Still a good movie though

Comment

So the combined powers of the Justice Society, Justice League, Green Lanterns Corps, and Teen Titans are no match for the Secret Society of Studio Executives and the Legion of Lawyers

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                      So the combined powers of the Justice Society, Justice League, Green Lanterns Corps, and Teen Titans are no match for the Secret Society of Studio Executives and the Legion of Lawyers
                      Apparently not.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

How reliable is this info? I'm a little skeptical about it given TDK's financial success...
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          How reliable is this info? I'm a little skeptical about it given TDK's financial success...
                          David Goyer is the guy that wrote Batman Begins with Christopher Nolan and also developed The Dark Knight with Nolan, and likely would be involved in developing Batman 3. So i say that he's in a prety good position to know.

As ive posted before the Batman film franchise are the only DC based films that WB has had succese with. Catwoman boomed, The Spirit which has only just been released has already been considered a failier and even tho Superman Returns made $391 million in worldwide, WB werent impressed and were considering a reboot which really hasnt taken off. And if you look at the other project they had in development; Wonder Woman had be in develpment since 2001 and hasnt moved an inch. In the case of Justice League, George Miller has jumped ship. Tho Green Lantern is also ment to be in development, last i heard that was still in the early scripting stages. Plus factor in the legally issue over Watchmen right, its not exactly shocking that the WB have done this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            David Goyer is the guy that wrote Batman Begins with Christopher Nolan and also developed The Dark Knight with Nolan, and likely would be involved in developing Batman 3. So i say that he's in a prety good position to know.

As ive posted before the Batman film franchise are the only DC based films that WB has had succese with. Catwoman boomed, The Spirit which has only just been released has already been considered a failier and even tho Superman Returns made $391 million in worldwide, WB werent impressed and were considering a reboot which really hasnt taken off. And if you look at the other project they had in development; Wonder Woman had be in develpment since 2001 and hasnt moved an inch. In the case of Justice League, George Miller has jumped ship. Tho Green Lantern is also ment to be in development, last i heard that was still in the early scripting stages. Plus factor in the legally issue over Watchmen right, its not exactly shocking that the WB have done this.
                            I'm not questioning Goyer, I'm questioning whether he actually said this. Digital Spy (the source), has published several thing about this franchise that have been proven as false by WB & Nolan.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Only time will tell what happens with this situation.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X