PDA

View Full Version : Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

michelleb
November 26th, 2004, 01:31 PM
I'd found some info about Janet, and I was looking for a suitable place to post them...and couldn't find one. So I thought I'd start one.

Anyway...as you may know, the Stargate DVD Magazine in the UK carries profiles of the characters. The first four had SG1, five had Jonas, and number six does not have a profile of Hammond, as you'd expect...but Janet, proving how important to the Stargate world she is.

Anyway..apparently Janet has a tattoo of a dolphin....anyone know where this is? Or how we know?

Her age in the magazine is given as 33, but it doesn't give a date of birth, so I don't know when that is (obviously not current!)

She has a military father...and two brothers!!! Never heard about them before

She is trained to use a Beretta 92FS 9mm and a M16 rifle

She is the foremost expert on Gou'ald symbiotes. She has allergies. Her height is 1.6 m (5.2 feet..taller then me!), her weight 48g and her blood group is A+ (Same as mine!!)

Well, that's all. Just thought you'd like to know

Athenaktt
November 26th, 2004, 01:36 PM
wow that is some interesting info. I never new about her two brothers as well and that dolphin tatoo...wonder where it is...hm...

I think its nice to have a Janet appreciation thread, the woman is a appreciation worthy character. If it wasn't for her SG-1 wouldn't still be in tiptop shape to fight all those mean aliens. ;)

Darkstar
November 26th, 2004, 01:53 PM
was janet fraiser never married or have any kids of her own?
if she didn't then why not did her career take over?

as for the tatoo i can now sleep at night knowing.

i am guessing the dolphin tatoo is on her lower back, just a guess :cool:

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
November 26th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Do they say anything about her ex-husband? :) I sure wanna hear more about the creap.

I love Janet, hurray for the Janet Frasier Appreciation Thread!

Athenaktt
November 26th, 2004, 02:00 PM
was janet fraiser never married or have any kids of her own?
if she didn't then why not did her career take over?

I remember Janet fraiser mentioning about an ex-husband in "Hathor" and I don't think she has any of her own kids other then her adopting Cassie.

As for you're second question I'm kinda confused at what are you asking.

Lunar
November 26th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Ooh! A Jan thread! Yay!
I loved Janet. I miss the Sam/Jan friendship moments she bought to the show, the Hammond/Jan corridor scenes when crucial plot was expanded upon... I loved the way she talked to Jack too, never letting him order her about too much.
In another universe I could have been a Jack/Jan shipper, I think.
But I also love Dan/Jan...
:D

.:Lemon:.
November 26th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Wow, some interesting info there ;) I didn't know half of the facts listed there! You really do learn something new everday :p

Ancients Rising
November 26th, 2004, 02:27 PM
She weighs 48g, grams???? ;)

Thanks for the info :)

Frasier rocks. :D

.:Lemon:.
November 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM

Haha! I didn't see that bit :p

And yes! Frasier does rock :D

michelleb
November 26th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Whoops, missed that. Well, she is a very small woman...

It only said she was divorced, nothing else about her ex-husband.

And one more thing..SHE SHOULD COME BACK!!!!

I think my favourite Janet moment was when she held a gun on Nirrti. Did anyone see the Janet tribute video at SG8, when they had clips, and quotes from various fans? I got my quote in there

'I pitied anyone who messed with her'

with the bit where she burst in on Nirrti, with the gun. I loved that.

I miss her.

Lunar
November 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Don't we all? :(
She was a fabulous character.

Athenaktt
November 26th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I miss Frasier too :( Especially every time there is a scene in the infirmary and she isn't there. :(

tara3583
November 26th, 2004, 09:53 PM
I miss Frasier too :( Especially every time there is a scene in the infirmary and she isn't there. :(

Just goes to show how big a hole Janet has left
and how much TR brought to the show, tptb will
never be able to fill her shoes and imho just
shows how well written Janet was.

michelleb
November 27th, 2004, 12:48 AM

I hated Dr Brightman (She called him 'Daniel'!! How dare she call him Daniel!! She barely knows him!!! Plus I think she was a robot). And all the way through Avatar I was thinking how good it would have been to have Janet in there with them, ramming long needles into Teal'c's heart. Would have lent a lot more drama

And if Janet was around to talk to Sam, I don't think Pete would be in Sam's life any more. Or at least Sam could talk to Janet, instead of Sam showing rings to Jack and asking his advice

Plus...TR said if Janet had stayed around then Janet and Daniel would have got together. I wanted to see that!!!

michelleb
November 27th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Just goes to show how big a hole Janet has left
and how much TR brought to the show, tptb will
never be able to fill her shoes and imho just
shows how well written Janet was.

Agreed. And how well played she was. I've seen a lot of shows where characters I loved died, and the only one I missed nearly as much as Janet was Daniel. But as I know Janet isn't coming back, or doing cameos (unless someone knows different...please, someone tell me she's back in Moebius!!) I really miss her, every episode. I imagine what she'd be doing and saying instead of whatever stand-in they have for the doc this episode

nugglebugget
November 27th, 2004, 04:43 AM
She was proof that dynamite comes in smal packages.:)

All hail our beloved "Napoleonic Power Monger"!She was the best & is sorely missed.

NightGloom
November 27th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Yay! Janet thread! She was such a great character... I miss her!

Hey! I'm like the same height as her! (Well, almost) :D

greytop
November 27th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Yay! Janet thread! She was such a great character... I miss her!
So do I. She had spunk and the other doctor's they have brought in haven't been up to par as far as I am concern.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
November 27th, 2004, 02:44 PM
She was so cool. Like someone said, she had spunk. All the other doctors are bland. They're like stereotypical docs. They do their job and that's it. Janet was kickass.

I really miss her!

We should rename this thread to "We miss Janet, thread" :)

My favorite parts were the Nirrti scene and the one in Lifeboat "I intend to take it back". She was awsome!

I miss Janet more than I ever missed Daniel.

I want her back ;_; *sob*

NightGloom
November 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I don't see why they can't bring her back in some kind of AU episode. Maybe in season 9? *crosses fingers*

Spoiler space (just in case)

I understand why they killed her off, but I didn't like the way they went about the episode.

D.C.
November 27th, 2004, 11:23 PM
I really liked Heroes, Part 2. It's my favourite episode, but I miss Janet too. She was a great character. The problem with the new doctors are the fact that they change every episode.

jckfan55
November 28th, 2004, 09:37 AM
I hated Dr Brightman (She called him 'Daniel'!! How dare she call him Daniel!! She barely knows him!!! Plus I think she was a robot).
A Robot! That's a good one. I agree that it was disconcerting for her to call him Daniel--we'd never heard of her before & were given no indication that she knew him from before either. Janet never presumed so much on a first meeting.

NightGloom
November 28th, 2004, 10:16 AM
A Robot! That's a good one. I agree that it was disconcerting for her to call him Daniel--we'd never heard of her before & were given no indication that she knew him from before either. Janet never presumed so much on a first meeting.

Who else would have insisted on calling Teal'c "Mr. Teal'c"? :D

I don't like any of the new doctors either. I think they just lost a little something called a personality.

Smilodon
December 17th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I thought I'd dredge up this thread (which I just found) to post some biographical information that might be of interest to those who posted here.
For those that don't know, there is a brief bio about Janet that was created by Teryl Rothery herself. It's not an indepth analysis or anything, but it should interest Fraiser fans.
A fan's summary of it can be found at http://rothery.stargate-sg1.hu/stargate_janetfraiser.php

Some interesting facts from the summary:
Her full name is Janet Elizabeth
She was married for three years
She is the oldest of 3 children
She has two brothers: Scott Jameson & Jeffrey Sutton
Her father Jameson Franklin Fraiser, is a retired Army officer
Her mother, Marjorie Kathryn Fraiser, is a homemaker.

I stole.... uh quoted the whole text of the summary:

JANET'S FAMILY | Written by Teryl Rothery for the SG-1 Companion

In "Stargate SG-1: The Illustrated Companion Seasons 1 & 2", Teryl wrote her take on Janet & her family. This she created on her own to make the character more real for her.

Basically, she is the oldest of 3 children, she & 2 brothers. Teryl picked the names Scott Jameson & Jeffrey Sutton. Her full name is Janet Elizabeth. Her father, Jameson Franklin Fraiser, is a retired Army(!) officer & her mother, Marjorie Kathryn Fraiser, is a homemaker.

Majorie, who everyone (except the kids) call Kate) is warm & fun-loving. Janet has this too but is also very self-contained like her father.

Janet has always felt like she has to prove herself to her father (who Teryl also sees as a bit of a chauvinist - Jack O'Neill?). This was why she entered the Air Force, went through medical school, & specialized in exotic diseases. (Teryl says he is proud of his daughter but can't express it so Janet keeps pushing herself.)

The best thing that happened to her is Cassandra (presuming we discount Sam...). Or possibly the 2nd best as Teryl sees Janet's divorce as one of the best things she could've done. She was married for three years to a pompus chauvinist. ("Three very long years!!" to quote Teryl.)

Cassandra has let her open herself up and may even be the first time Janet has given herself permission to love.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Many THX to John O'Connor for submitting this article
========================

It's worth pointing out that the summary is on just one page of http://rothery.stargate-sg1.hu which is probably the best Teryl Rothery fansite currently in existence. Tons of information, screencaps and other goodies.

Ancient 1
December 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I never really appreciated the role of Fraser until she was gone and the idiot brigade came riding in. I also now notice Teryl Rothery in different shows now; usually scifi based.

Sela
December 18th, 2004, 08:47 PM
I loved the way Janet would advance the comic movement of the story with just a look. She was so good at that.

Some of my favorite scenes are:

When Carter is arguing with Urgo in the hall and Janet trys to ask Urgo to leave Sam alone, Urgo make a rude comment which we don't hear. Carter says: "Urgo that is rude!" Janet gets this indignant look on her face and says, "What did he say?!"

Also in Urgo, they're all in the briefing room and both Janet and Hammond are sitting down at the end of the table with these confused, slightly horrified looks on their faces and it is hysterical.

I miss Janet.

Dani347
December 18th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Wow, no wonder TR was able to make Janet come alive what with creating that backstory for her.

I think it was a mistake to get rid of her. Dr. Brightman is duller than dishwater, although I did like the male doctor they had briefly. But, they need another female. And, Janet was a strong woman who had a personality in her own right. Meaning she was different enough from Sam to have another type of woman represented, and took up enough screen time to really get to know her.

I liked her in Serpent's Song, with her attitude being in opposition to everyone. And, Lifeboat. "You don't belong in that man's body, and I intend to take it back!" Well, you go girl :D

Sela
December 18th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I also loved the way Janet pulled on a gun on Nirti. There was cold steel in her eyes that as a mother I completely recognized and identifed with. It's a good thing Nirti decided to talk because somebody was going to die that night!

Immy
December 18th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Where I live we haven't had Hero's yet so I'm savoring every last Janet moment. I think I'm realy going to mis her when the time comes :(

Dani347
December 18th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I happen to think Heroes did Janet a disservice. I'll put it in spoilers. Aside from the fact that I don't think killing off Janet was necessary or even a good idea, I think it was done badly. Janet wasn't just some unknown person. We had gotten to know and care about her. An episode where she died should have been a tribute to her. It should have been about her. Instead, they decided to do a "fooled you!" by making it seem like Jack died for a large part of the episode. And, what was the point of that? Well, I have my theories, but I'll refrain from bringing that up. But, what were they hoping the audience reaction would be when they found out it wasn't Jack? Relief that it was only Janet? One of the things I found fitting was Daniel's grief.

Sela
December 18th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I happen to think Heroes did Janet a disservice. I'll put it in spoilers. Aside from the fact that I don't think killing off Janet was necessary or even a good idea, I think it was done badly. Janet wasn't just some unknown person. We had gotten to know and care about her. An episode where she died should have been a tribute to her. It should have been about her. Instead, they decided to do a "fooled you!" by making it seem like Jack died for a large part of the episode. And, what was the point of that? Well, I have my theories, but I'll refrain from bringing that up. But, what were they hoping the audience reaction would be when they found out it wasn't Jack? Relief that it was only Janet? One of the things I found fitting was Daniel's grief.

I agree. I think it could have been handled with a little more sensitivity. The one who got to me was General Hammond. His reaction just broke my heart.

lucylou
December 19th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I miss Janet too! She was always my favourite character in SG1 right from the start. Teryl's portrayl of her was amazing and no-one can ever fill the hole that's been left now she's not on the show anymore. I miss Janet :( she was such a strong and kick ass female character!

NightGloom
December 19th, 2004, 12:09 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again, I hate how they handled it.

The entire episode was just "Look! Someone died... it might be Jack.... Do you think it's Jack yet? Look! Sam's crying, maybe you shippers might think it was Jack! Look how sad everyone is, think it's Jack yet?

HA! Fooled you! It was only Janet! Oh, I guess we'll pay a little tribute to her and everything... but we're still gloating over how we made you think it was Jack.

No one was fooled, and I was extremely POed that they would handle it that way. They tried to make it seem more like "real life" when it really wasn't! If Jack died, I think everyone would have known that it was Jack.

Oh well, I got to see TR in some Christmas movie, that made me happy and everytime she came on screen I screamed "JANET LIVES!"

MajorSam
December 19th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Janet was my second favourite character of all time, and the ONE person I didnt' want to die... My best friend, who's alias is Janet (like i'm Sam) and the day Heroes came out, we skipped work and watched it, at which point we BAWLED OUR EYES OUT. From about 5 minutes into the second part onwards we used up I swear a pack of kleenex each! Never cried so much about any TV show, Movie, anything. Was depressed for like, 3 weeks after it! It was horrible! :(

Why couldn't SAM have died?!!? Janet had to LIVE, (and get with Daniel!!!!) :'(

NightGloom
December 19th, 2004, 01:03 PM
I stopped watching Stargate for awhile, but for some reason decided to watch Heroes Pt.1 and I was like "Hey, this isn't that bad" so I tuned in for Heroes Pt. 2 to see Janet die. I was in complete shock! I didn't look at any of the spoilers (like I used to do) so I wasn't prepared or anything and then they tried to make it look like Jack died! I didn't see any of the spoilers or anything so if I wasn't fooled, then it was really bad. So then I was just mad.

jckfan55
December 19th, 2004, 03:49 PM
On the other hand, the way she died was effective. I think that just made it more shocking. It was like a kick in the gut for the team (and audience). She is definitely missed.

Dani347
December 19th, 2004, 04:17 PM
I think I'd rather have an honest emotional tribute than something done for shock value. One of the best farewell episodes ever on a show (non sci-fi) was Newsradio. Of course, Phil Hartman had died in real life, so the emotional level was already more than any fictional death could be, but the writing left no doubt that it was about saying goodbye to his character. The episode was about Bill McNeal and how the characters would miss him. Another good departure on the same show was when Khandi Alexander left. Her character didn't die, but the show that she left in was about her (even with special credits) and about her departure. It seemed to me that Heroes wasn't about Janet, and it should have been. But, I still say it made no sense to do it anyway. For shock value? I think if that's the reason for getting rid of a well known character, that's a pretty poor reason. To show that death happens? I think we're all aware of that, and we're all aware of how dangerous real life soldiers lives are, and can well imagine without needing somone to point it out like that how much more dangerous life defending the planet would be.

jckfan55
December 19th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I think I'd rather have an honest emotional tribute than something done for shock value.... The episode was about Bill McNeal and how the characters would miss him. .... It seemed to me that Heroes wasn't about Janet, and it should have been. But, I still say it made no sense to do it anyway. For shock value? I think if that's the reason for getting rid of a well known character, that's a pretty poor reason. To show that death happens? I think we're all aware of that, and we're all aware of how dangerous real life soldiers lives are, and can well imagine without needing somone to point it out like that how much more dangerous life defending the planet would be.

I would have wanted the episode to be more about Janet too, rather than the "guessing who's dead" thing. That said, I guess what I meant was no dramatic death scene, hanging on just to impart words of wisdom & that jazz.
I think I heard that they thought the show would be ending (one of many false alarms, it seems) and so it wouldn't be like she'd be missing many episodes. Also, with the skilled cast and (usually) skilled writers, they *could* have made us feel a loss for a character we hadn't seen before if they were just going for the "dangerous job/people die" angle. I thought they did that pretty well with the SG guy who killed himself in "the Light" & with the guy stuck on the black hole planet.

NightGloom
December 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Shocking? Don't we get enough of that when just about every main character has died or been in a life threatening situation? Don't we get more of it when that same main character makes a miraculous come back? If Janet had to die, I agree with Dani, it should have been more of an emotional tribute than something just done for shock value. And she didn't have to die anyway or she should just come back somehow for season 9. The show would need an already developed character with RDA basically gone, AT probably not in all of the eps, and BB just coming to the show as the newbie. Plus, all the new doctors are scary robots made by Ben Stein.

LuckySGC921
December 19th, 2004, 09:58 PM
this is my first post and I had to post here because I adore Janet. I've seen Heroes quite a few times now and still cry everytime. The episode was so senseless to me. Usually when there is a "death" on a tv show there is a reason behind it. Everytime I see Heroes I try to figure it out but it seems like Janet was killed just to kill off a character. If it wasn't bad enough that Daniel was being pushed into the background they go and kill off the one last strong woman on the show ('cause Sam's become a weepy girly girl unfortunatly). :( Although I have to admit (I'm a bit weird) Heroes is one of my favorite episodes despite everything.

Dani347
December 19th, 2004, 10:19 PM
The episode was so senseless to me. Usually when there is a "death" on a tv show there is a reason behind it. Everytime I see Heroes I try to figure it out but it seems like Janet was killed just to kill off a character.

Exactly. There was no point. It was bad storytelling.

Hey, since I'm among friends, I'll say that Janet was always my favorite female character.

WraithWarrior
December 20th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Janets the best. I cant believe they got rid of her.

NightGloom
December 20th, 2004, 05:28 AM
this is my first post and I had to post here because I adore Janet. I've seen Heroes quite a few times now and still cry everytime. The episode was so senseless to me. Usually when there is a "death" on a tv show there is a reason behind it. Everytime I see Heroes I try to figure it out but it seems like Janet was killed just to kill off a character. If it wasn't bad enough that Daniel was being pushed into the background they go and kill off the one last strong woman on the show ('cause Sam's become a weepy girly girl unfortunatly). :( Although I have to admit (I'm a bit weird) Heroes is one of my favorite episodes despite everything.

Yay! Welcome!

I prefer Janet over Sam too (go ahead, flame me, I don't care). Sam was good at first, but then she progressively got to be a weaker character. ((I blame the "ship" but that's just me)).

There wasn't a reason for it! They said they wanted to prove that death was real and the risks that real soldiers take. I think everyone that watches the show realizes that death is real and appreciates the risks that soldiers take. It's not a very good reason to kill a character.

lucylou
December 20th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Yay! Welcome!

I prefer Janet over Sam too (go ahead, flame me, I don't care). Sam was good at first, but then she progressively got to be a weaker character. ((I blame the "ship" but that's just me)).

There wasn't a reason for it! They said they wanted to prove that death was real and the risks that real soldiers take. I think everyone that watches the show realizes that death is real and appreciates the risks that soldiers take. It's not a very good reason to kill a character.

I always preferred Janet over Sam too! I like Sam, I just always liked Janet that little bit more.

Luce xxx

Dani347
December 20th, 2004, 08:01 AM
They said they wanted to prove that death was real and the risks that real soldiers take. I think everyone that watches the show realizes that death is real and appreciates the risks that soldiers take. It's not a very good reason to kill a character.

Yeah, what is this, Stargate or some adult form of Seseme Street? I don't need illustrations and reenactments to show me that death is real. Oh, because SG1, (particularly) Daniel have a habit of not knowing how to stay dead, my poor little brain has been confused as to what death is? Sorry, fella's, when I watched Superman, I didn't try to jump off my roof, because I knew it was fictional. And I was considerably younger and probably quite a bit more gulliable than I am now. Thanks for the lesson, but it was really unnecessary.

lucylou
January 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
As a fan of the SGCs favourite CMO and the lovely actress that plays her I'm starting this thread for fellow fans to come and chat about anything Janet related and why you like her or Teryl or both.

No flaming please! This is a thread for fans of the character and actress!

Enjoy,

Lucy

Athenaktt
January 28th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I'm not being a Mod or anything, but there is already a thread for the appreciation of the great character of Janet Fraiser. Here's the link to it. Feel free to revive it any time. ;)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6278&highlight=janet+fraiser+appreciation

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
January 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
With every episode I miss her more *sigh*

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/originalspirit/interviewstr.jpg

http://samjanet.stargate-sg1.hu/gfx/janet.jpg

http://69.13.69.143/multimedia/HCGallery/JanetHC/images/Mess10F.jpg

Janet! Bring her back! PLEAAAASEEE! :( :( :( :(

lucylou
January 29th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Whoops sorry I started the other thread I had no idea this one was here. I searched for it but couldn't find it. Feel free to close the other one.

I love Janet! She was my favourite character from the start and Teryl was so brilliant at playing her. I miss Teryl on SG1 :(

Lucy

Athenaktt
January 29th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Don't worry about it Lucy, sometimes its hard to find threads that have been bumped really really far down. :(

But yay for the revivial of the thread!

I miss as well. I noticed in recent Sg-1 episodes not that many infirmary scenes. I guess the loss of Janet is still too near, and have scenes in the infirmary would only bring back the nostalgia.

yes, me and my mindless babbling. :S

lucylou
January 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
It feels really weird watching it now without Janet. She always lit up the screen and now without the character it feels like something is mising somehow. I always loved Janets scenes because she always had such lovely interaction with the other characters and was always so full of compassion with her sense of humour appearing every so often which was also a joy to watch especially when she was around Jack.

I want Janet back <sniffle>

Lucy

lucylou
March 22nd, 2005, 02:45 AM
I watched Heroes again last night which I really shouldn't because it upsets me but it really made me realise how weird it is now to watch SG1 without Teryl and Janet in it. Teryl brought a unique quality to the show and made Janet a totally adorable and well loved character. Janet was courageous, funny and passionate about what she did and just watching her interaction with the interviewer in this episode and her bravery made me see just how different the show now is without the character. Heroes was a good tribute to military personell who lose their lives saving the lives of others but I think Janets death has left a whole that no other actor or actress can fill in the show.

Just had to say all that lol,

Lucy x

Ancient 1
March 22nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
The first thing that comes to mind when I see TR on another show is: Hey, there's Doc Frasier! Before Stargate, I really never noticed her.

lucylou
March 22nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Me either but thats cos I live in England and we didn't really have much of anything she was in. Now I'm a huge fan so I've watched more things with Teryl in. She's a great actress!

jckfan55
March 22nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Saw her in the Xfiles over the weekend & it made me miss Dr. Fraiser all over again. I don't think they can replace her with a new Dr., though the show probably needs one.

lucylou
March 22nd, 2005, 12:00 PM
I don't think anyone can replace Teryl or Janet. She had such a presence on the show that I don't think anyone can even begin to match.

That episode of the X-Files majorly freaks me out!

Lucy x

jckfan55
March 22nd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Yes, it was freaky. I agree: Fraiser was a special character who can't be replaced. The couple of Doctors they tried were pretty ho hum. I think I heard that Fraiser was originally only going to be an occasional character, but that they increased her role, probably b/c of what TR was able to do with the part.

lucylou
March 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah she was amazing. I fell in love with the character in The Broca Divide. She was just so full of passion and wide eyed wonder about everything at the SGC and was so excited about her job. Then we got to see her be a parent and grow over seven seasons and that too was an amazing journey as well. I don't think anyone can fill the void really.

Cassie
March 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
Can't believe I didn't notice this thread :D
Janet is the BEST doctor on that show peorid IMO.
TR is also really nice when I met her for the first time last Feb. and she wished me good luck in nursing school. She's the best! :)

lucylou
March 22nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Teryl's an adorable and lovely lady thats for sure. We've been writing since I was seventeen years old and I'm twenty two this year. The first time I met her was something i'll never forget. She was just so sweet! Awwww!

Lucy

jckfan55
March 22nd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Can't believe I didn't notice this thread :D
Janet is the BEST doctor on that show peorid IMO.
Yes, she's a brilliant doctor, but also so caring. I'd certainly want her to be *my* doctor if I was in situations like SG1.

TR is also really nice when I met her for the first time last Feb. and she wished me good luck in nursing school. She's the best! :)
Cool!

Terrah
March 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Just saw TR in Dead like me tonight, I also watched Heroes over the weekend, damn I miss her in SG.
I could never understand why they didn't bring her back for M1&2, maybe she had other commitments.

Cassie
March 22nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
I hope she wants to comeback saw pictures of her wearing her "shirt" so hopefully she wants to come back :D
http://www.savejanetfraiser.com/newshirtdesign.jpg

Megam123
March 24th, 2005, 08:44 PM
So since this is a sci fi show they should find a way to bring the beautiful Teryl Rothery back. Bring in an alternate reality, clone her, give her a long lost twin I don't care but I want her back. If anyone else agrees with me sound off and perhaps we can bring back the brightest spot of the stargate team.

Megam123
March 24th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Even though no one else is posting I still think your cool

Odens återkomst
March 24th, 2005, 11:39 PM
So do I, but then agian I have 7 seasons of her on DVD. ;)

Darth Buddha
March 25th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Great character, sexy actress, but don't cheapen the excellent death scene and episode around it with a cheesy deus ex machina return to the show.

thespyofcharles
March 25th, 2005, 03:15 AM
ya you don't appreciate great characters like her until theyre gone...

Freyrs
March 25th, 2005, 03:37 AM
I also miss Dr. Frasier... she was a great character and should have never been killed off like that. :( I'm also curious what happened to Cassandra considering that Dr. Frasier adopted her. I think she'll end up even more messed up after the death of her mom.

Odens återkomst
March 25th, 2005, 03:39 AM
I also miss Dr. Frasier... she was a great character and should have never been killed off like that. :( I'm also curious what happened to Cassandra considering that Dr. Frasier adopted her. I think she'll end up even more messed up after the death of her mom.

She will probably live with a foster family untill she is 18, whenever that is. And then will go off to Airforce academy... and join the SGC ;)

Freyrs
March 25th, 2005, 04:34 AM
She will probably live with a foster family untill she is 18, whenever that is. And then will go off to Airforce academy... and join the SGC ;)
Poor Cassandra, first she watches her entire race/family get killed by the Goa'uld and then gets her mom killed by the Goa'uld. She's going to have quite a issue with Goa'ulds if she evers joins the AF/SGC.

DavidNetk
March 25th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Has anyone thought that with all this time-playing SG-1 is making they may alter the future to have her back?

Aussie_girl
March 25th, 2005, 06:35 AM
ya you don't appreciate great characters like her until theyre gone...

Mate I know about that. you don't realise what you have untill you lose it, and then you get sad, and then people put a cheap immitation in place to ease the pain, but I'm telling ya, bring back the biff and Janet too

jckfan55
March 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Great character, sexy actress, but don't cheapen the excellent death scene and episode around it with a cheesy deus ex machina return to the show.
I have to agree. I'm not a big fan of alternate universe stories, but I think that is the only way they could bring her back for an episode.

BTW there is a "Janet Fraiser Appreciation" thread floating around out there too.

SimilarCadence
March 26th, 2005, 03:02 PM
There's a website you might be interested in-----www.savejanetfraiser.com.
There's a petition you can sign, although I don't know whether TPTB have ever seen it.

Janet was such an excellent character; Teryl Rothery did such a great job that it'll be very difficult for anyone to really take her place. Michael Shanks' wife, Lexa Doig, has her work cut out for her.......

trudy
March 26th, 2005, 03:08 PM

We know Cassandra turned out okay, she was in "1969," I think it was, as an elderly lady. I would like to see her in season nine.

I'd also like to see Janet in Season nine, probably altJanet, as I assume their hiring Michael's wife means the real Frasier is gone for good. There are some interesting possibilities for altJanet, her character could really expand.

trudy
March 26th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I am now remembering some short line at the end of the episode where Frasier passes away, Carter says something like Cassie will be staying with Janet's sister(?), not sure I have the relative right.

Cassie
March 26th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I have to agree. I'm not a big fan of alternate universe stories, but I think that is the only way they could bring her back for an episode.

BTW there is a "Janet Fraiser Appreciation" thread floating around out there too.

Ya I really hope they bring Janet back!!! TR as far as I've seen really cared about her character and she is also IMHO really the only who could say the 'medical stuff' right and can act like she has been saying it for years! :D

Btw I think this is the link for the "Janet Fraiser Appreciation Thread"
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6278

TechnoWraith
March 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I think a fair chunk of SG-1 fans miss Frasier. She was an excellent character. The SGC wasn't quite the same after Frasier was gone.

Goa'uldilocks
March 26th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Yes, please bring back Janet! She was the only Tau'ri character I ever really liked (sorry!), and I'd love to see her return even if only in an AU-type ep.

(But she's not *really* dead, she and Apophis are hiding out somewhere. :D A friend wrote that pairing and I absolutely fell for it. :))

jckfan55
March 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM
it'll be very difficult for anyone to really take her place. Michael Shanks' wife, Lexa Doig, has her work cut out for her.......
So she's the new "sassy" doc JM referred to in his Q/A thread?

Atlantisluva
March 27th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Ugh, I remember when I first got hooked on SG-1.

Who was in that episode. Janet Frasier.

BRING HER BACK!!!

OT: Since all the timeline interference, that future with Casandra might not happen. Plus, she knows to much.....

OTT: Don't do an alternate universe!!! I hate them :p

Hatcheter
March 27th, 2005, 02:16 PM

I'll second that all that. Her death made for one of the show's most powerful moments. Death is final, and it was an important move by TPTB to remind us of that. If Frasier returns in anything other than a single episode alternate reality/time travel capacity, I'll be justly furious.

That said, Teryl Rothery has another "in" to return to the show: Heimdall! :D
Bring Heimdall back!
(Maybe I should start saveheimdall.com. :rolleyes: )

Regarding Cassandra, Jack said in '1969' that she was 13, so by the time of 'Heroes' she could be 18.

macktheknife
March 27th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I hated that episode, the writers destroyed years of "Fraiser" canon, to bring her out into the field (for what, the 2nd time?, and the 1st in a massive firefight?) and they are so totally surrounded and she gets killed, is the only casulty, and they somehow manage to get the gate back? WTF?

That firefight should have resulted in a very bad outcome for the SGC (total loss, many casulties, Hammond command questioned) yet out of the x amount of teams\extra men, only 1, the Doctor dies?

They could have brought back the goauld from being the Sci-Fi equivalent of the WW2 home guard, into a badass fighting unit, all they have to say that they appear to be using tactics modified or taken from the taurii back during the debrief. Although they still have'nt mastered the art of close air support with their alkesh.

How great would it be if the Lexa hiring is just a cover for Teryl coming back. Just have a scene afterwards that said that the tape said Fraiser died, and then someone says that "insert random medic name" died on that mission. Along with Jack saying "Hammond would never send Fraiser into a firefight" or something.

trudy
March 28th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I hated that episode, the writers destroyed years of "Fraiser" canon, to bring her out into the field (for what, the 2nd time?, and the 1st in a massive firefight?) and they are so totally surrounded and she gets killed, is the only casulty, and they somehow manage to get the gate back? WTF?

I am now thinking, at the time that was written, I think tptb thought that was going to be the last season. Note that in Threads or Moebius, (I forget which), they kill off Katherine and Jacob/Selmak and I think at around then they thought maybe season eight might be the last season.

What is the mindset that says tidying things up for the end of the series means killing off characters?

In general, killing off a favorite character is a lame ploy for drama. They can do better than that.

SimilarCadence
March 28th, 2005, 11:49 AM
So she's the new "sassy" doc JM referred to in his Q/A thread?

Yes, she's the one. (I want to like her for MS's sake, but I can't imagine anyone fully taking Fraiser's place!)

MedusA
March 28th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I read a fan fic that had her brought back (it was a slasher with sam and janet, quite a good piece of writing actually) through the quantum mirror. She was different though, not a doctore but a soldier, similar to Sam, she'd had the experiences like Jolinar and all that stuff. I thought that was an awesome idea, have her come back but as a soldier, she'd make a fiery little addition to any team.

jckfan55
March 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Yes, she's the one. (I want to like her for MS's sake, but I can't imagine anyone fully taking Fraiser's place!)
I agree with you there! Maybe the team won't take to her right away. Could be some interesting moments with them adjusting to her.

GEWbert
March 28th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Interesting idea. It would be very cool to see.

I think the reason they killed her off though was because Terryl Rothery didn't want to do the show anymore, but i could be wrong on this.

dec55
March 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I recall Teryl Rothery and Lexa Doig were at a convention with Shanks.
And they were just having a ball. They seemed to be a close nit group.
Lexa was also pregnant by then.

I think when Lexa comes on the show, she should try to be a original character.
I don't think she wants to replace Teryl Rothery's Doc Fraiser, but create a different one. I think it would be cool to see Dr Lam meet Doc Fraiser from a
different alternate universe. It would be great to see these two interact!!!

trudy
March 29th, 2005, 03:30 AM
I think the reason they killed her off though was because Terryl Rothery didn't want to do the show anymore, but i could be wrong on this.

I think that's wrong. I remember reading that the powers that be approached Teryl with the idea because all thought that was the last season and it would be an episode with Janet in a role of importance, which was appealing to her (although it presumably adversely impacted her participating in any followup movie, etc.)

Janus
April 6th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Let's have those pictures, people.

Gregorius
April 6th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Here we go:

http://www.stargate-autographs.com/images/mainimg-rothery.jpg

Carterslave
April 6th, 2005, 11:21 AM
You shall have pictures ... as soon as I figure out how to 'embed' them correctly. In the meantime, I bow down before the nexus of beauty, talent, compassion and sex appeal that is Teryl Rothery. The show just isn't the same w/o Doctor J.

Qasim
April 6th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Check out the Lexa Doig Thunk Thread

Gregorius
April 6th, 2005, 12:25 PM
You shall have pictures ... as soon as I figure out how to 'embed' them correctly. In the meantime, I bow down before the nexus of beauty, talent, compassion and sex appeal that is Teryl Rothery. The show just isn't the same w/o Doctor J.

Just do [img.]url[/img.] (Without the .) and the image will appear :).

And you're right, the show isn't same without Janet. Why did they have to kill her?! Why didn't they kill of Jack, because RDA has limited time and it would've made a far greater impact.

sarge
April 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
i miss janet :(

Lord Zedd
April 6th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I miss Janet !! I still don't know why they had to kill her :( Does anybody knows why?

Kinky for Governor
April 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM
She no doubt brought some skills to the table and I thought was particularly cute when she used medic-speak. If you miss your weekly Dr. F fix and want to see her again, flip over to the Lifetime channel...she seems to have done quite a few movies for them.

Not to be a height-ist but on the non-SG1 shows, she looks about 3 feet tall!

Grin
April 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
She's also made quite a few appearences on the program "Dead Like Me" she's the main characters Mum i think, not sure, but i caught first five minutes of the program and saw her name in the opening credits.

Gregorius
April 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
I miss Janet !! I still don't know why they had to kill her :( Does anybody knows why?

TPTB wanted to have some reality into the show I believe it was.

Carterslave
April 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
She wasn't that good!
Hey, if you're gonna diss Teryl (the most versatile actor on the show), take it to another room. This thread is explicitly for the appreciation of Dr. Janet & the actress who portrayed her. It's bad enough that TPTB are replacing her with eye candy. Grrrrrrrrr! If I wanted bimbos I'd watch another show.
Part of what Fraiser so delightful was TR's ability to make the most outlandish dialogue sound like solid scientific discourse. She & Don Davis provided a 'baseline' of credibility that undergirded much of the show.
If TR seems even shorter on non-Stargate shows, it may be b/c TPTB often had her standing on a variety of boxes to minimize height disparities. (The 'Daniel box,' etc.) Thus, two-shots w. Amanda Tapping would require the deployment of—ahem!- the 'Sam box.'

sarge
April 7th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Hey, if you're gonna diss Teryl (the most versatile actor on the show), take it to another room. This thread is explicitly for the appreciation of Dr. Janet & the actress who portrayed her. It's bad enough that TPTB are replacing her with eye candy. Grrrrrrrrr! If I wanted bimbos I'd watch another show.
Part of what Fraiser so delightful was TR's ability to make the most outlandish dialogue sound like solid scientific discourse. She & Don Davis provided a 'baseline' of credibility that undergirded much of the show.
If TR seems even shorter on non-Stargate shows, it may be b/c TPTB often had her standing on a variety of boxes to minimize height disparities. (The 'Daniel box,' etc.) Thus, two-shots w. Amanda Tapping would require the deployment of—ahem!- the 'Sam box.'
yep, and she looked dang good doing it :D :D

Darth Buddha
April 7th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Actually, if somebody has a particular performance by Teryl Rothery they found lacking, I think that's legit (e.g. I thought Tapping's portrayal of "alternate timeline Carter" was just dreadful: watch her face, which only seemed to have one obviously faux vapid expression) ... not that Grin bothered with actually telling us what he apparently disliked about Rothery's portrayal.

I found Teryl Rothery's performances to be quite adequate. Moreover, after having seen her interviewed, it is clear she is NOT simply portraying the role as she herself would be in Frasier's shoes. Ms. Rothery doesn't seem to be all that serious! I can't recall a single performance that left me wincing. The only other actor I can credit with that kind of quality control is Don S. Davis. Everyone else has had their "stinker" moments.

Olli
April 9th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Hey folks,

I was really upset as I read in the internet about Doc Fraisers death. As I saw it on german tv, I was shocked. At first there was the fake-death of O'Neill and then there was this unworthy presentation of Fraisers death at the end of "Heros part 2".
And no one can tell me Teryl Rothery would leave the show, because she wears every time a shirt with an imprint of "www.savejanetfraiser.com"!

I can't understand why "Heros" is nominated for an Hugo Award for "best dramatical presentation".

gatelover12
April 11th, 2005, 08:24 AM
reality eh? so the docter that goes on MAYBE 5% of missions gets whacked and the charichters that go on almost 40% are fine. HMMMMMMM real realistic :mad: (please note I blame TPTB and not you. :) )

Spaceminx
April 11th, 2005, 12:38 PM
She's also made quite a few appearences on the program "Dead Like Me" she's the main characters Mum i think, not sure, but i caught first five minutes of the program and saw her name in the opening credits.

Teryl plays an estate agent (Realter? in US) in a couple of eps.

hollyshannensangel
April 11th, 2005, 01:32 PM
What a beaut. I miss Janet...Sam's got no-one to love her lol.

Yes, people I ist a Sam/Janet shipper if you don't like it, well deal with it.

She had to stand on boxes? WTF?! What hope is there for everyone else who's petitie? Yes, people, sadly I'm petitie, but I believe that's because I was 3 months premature and was a very, very tiny baby. Damn it! Why couldn't I be tall? *Laughs*

Gregorius
April 11th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Being tall isn't everything, you can easily bump your head (I speak from experience :P)

Carterslave
April 11th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Yes, people I'm a Sam/Janet shipper if you don't like it, well deal with it.
She had to stand on boxes? WTF?! What hope is there for everyone else who's petite?

Not to worry, holly because that makes at least two of us here who ship SamJan with a passion. I may have sailed into the Stargate universe aboard the Sam/Jack ship, but as soon as I saw the electricity between Teryl Rothery & Amanda Tapping ... well, once you start feeling the Carter/Fraiser love there's no turning back, I'm happy to say.
:-)
As for the boxes, yes, Janet even has to get on one to look in her microscope (you can see it in Menace). OTOH, if she didn't use the "man maker," she'd be delivering dialogue into Sam's bosom.
(Not that Janet would mind ... )

hollyshannensangel
April 12th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Yay for another Sam/Janet shipper :D

I'll have to watch that eppy to the box...don't worry Teryl, all us peitite people love you...for being peitie.

Heros part one/two sad eppys, Sam was in need of Janet loving. :( dan you PTB for killing her off.

Carterslave
April 12th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Heroes part one/two sad eppys, Sam was in need of Janet loving. :( damn you PTB for killing her off.
Agreed. It was a crying shame, to say the very least. But look on the bright side (if there is one): Fraiser's tragic demise makes her the latest victim of the Black Widow Curse ... proof positive that she & Carter were Doing It?

artemis_chosen
April 15th, 2005, 12:13 AM
I miss Janet too. Thankfully there's dvd's to help with the withdrawals. I was watching a s7 ep with audio comm. with Peter De Luise. He said they approached Teryl at the start of s7 about killing off Janet because s7 WAS going to be the last season. Then halfway through the season they realised it wasn't and Peter didn't want to kill of Janet but it had had already been done or something, anyway he couldn't let her live.

It wouldn't matter to me whether they brought back Teryl as AU Frasier or Heimdall or an new character as long as Teryl was on screen I'd be happy.

Lord Zedd
April 15th, 2005, 12:38 AM
I know that there is going to be a new doctor played by Lexa Doig. I like her but I do miss Dr. Fraiser. I wish we know how Cassie is doing with her loss?

iLemon
April 15th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Has anyone thought that with all this time-playing SG-1 is making they may alter the future to have her back?

bad idea, you saw what happened last they tried to do that. even though she'd be back, you dont know what the consequences would be

Olli
April 15th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by Artemis_chosen
It wouldn't matter to me whether they brought back Teryl as AU Frasier or Heimdall or an new character as long as Teryl was on screen I'd be happy.
I'm happy that there are some other people sharing my point of view. I wrote some time ago some letters to the productin staff of Stargate. I hope it will be usefull.

jckfan55
April 15th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I just re-watched Entity & have to say there are some good Janet scenes there. Her struggle to save Sam & then having to talk to O'Neill about pulling the plug. She's Sam's friend and you feel that pain, but she has to remain professional. Very well done.

Olli
April 15th, 2005, 04:14 PM
As I read in the Internet about Doc Fraisers death I was upset, as I saw it on german tv I was shocked. From this moment I knew Stargate SG1 was over. In the future I will watch the show untill "Heros Part 1" and then I will read some good fanfic with an happy end and thats it.
Exceptional they bring her back, I hope so but I don't belive in it because I don't think they will kick Michael Shanks wife out of the show.

Olli
April 23rd, 2005, 02:24 AM
I read in the Internet that Carmen Argenziano probably will come back to Season 9! Why can't they do that for Teryl Rothery? I hope there is no one in the production staff, who hates Teryl or Janet and prevent her return.

jckfan55
April 23rd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't it be great to have some acknowledment of Doc Fraiser in season 9, even if we don't see her in flashbacks? (I think flashbacks may be the only realistic way.) There could be the Janet Fraiser memorial infirmary at the Alpha site or something.

Olli
May 22nd, 2005, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli
Dear Mr. Malozzi

I'm glad to hear that Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter probably will come back to the show. If he come back I think the comeback of Teryl Rothery will be more likely?
If you bring back all death characters gradually, the return of Teryl is inevitable, or not?

Best wishes for the show!

Joe Malozzi answered my question I posted some weeks ago:

Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character.
I think thats are good news for all Teryl Rothery/Janet Fraiser fans. It is an first step I hope.

Carterslave
May 23rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Let's see if this works ...
http://www.imageark.net/image.php?id=113448
It's not exactly Fraiser but, hey, what's a little Teryl between friends?

Speaking of which: I don't know who's responsible for the little icons, but couldn't we get a Disembodied Head o'Janet to go along with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Jonas & Thor?
Just askin'.

Carterslave
May 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Janet at her loveliest, in 2010.
http://img192.echo.cx/img192/8638/2010full0eu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
May 29th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Those are some hella sexy lips—and eyes. Here's another fine photo of the beautiful Ms. Rothery:
http://img167.echo.cx/img167/1221/205marylg8zn.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
May 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
"Don't mess with Teryl!"
—Peter DeLuise
http://img173.echo.cx/img173/3744/5x06313vh.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
May 29th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Janet never leaves home w/o her trusty microscope.
http://img174.echo.cx/img174/1871/6x04292kb.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Agent_Dark
May 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Here's one for you Sam/Janet fans :)
http://www.users.on.net/%7Eroscholler/Images/AT/sam_janet.jpg

lucylou
May 30th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I think that Teryl is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful women in Science Fiction. She has such beautiful eyes and is so very pretty, expecially in person. I loved her as Janet in SG1 and was so sad to see what happened in Heroes. Teryl was the reason became such a fan of Stargate and now without Janet it feels like something's missing because she brought something wonderful to the show.

I was also a Sam/Janet fan!

Luce xxx

Olli
May 31st, 2005, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Joe Malozzi

Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character.

Means he Jacob Carter or maybe Janet Fraiser? I think there is hope!

Carterslave
June 4th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Teryl & costars (+ fan) on the convention circuit.
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/2403/dsc000931mb5tg.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
June 4th, 2005, 10:15 PM
More shippy fun for SamJan fans:

Carter likes what she sees ...
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/8831/family109ds.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

... and the feeling is mutual.
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/364/4x160229hu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
June 4th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Another long night in the lab ...
http://img158.echo.cx/img158/9272/3x17061cq.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Agent_Dark
June 4th, 2005, 10:33 PM
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/8831/family109ds.jpg (http://img100.echo.cx/img100/8831/family109ds.jpg)
Haha, Sam is so totally checking out Janet from behind in that pic ;) :D

Olli
June 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Carterslave this are really good pictures!

I hope we will see her again in the upcoming episode "Convergence".

lucylou
June 8th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Another long night in the lab ...
http://img158.echo.cx/img158/9272/3x17061cq.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

I love that episode. Thats the episode I watched when it first came on and thought hmmmm there's chemistry there.

Luce xxx

Mindgame
June 8th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Why did she leave the show? I always enjoyed her performances. She is truly a beautiful woman. I was so shocked by what happened in Heroes that I still don't except it and keep expecting her to show up every episode. Thankfully we have back to back Stargate SG-1 on Monday nights.

Wouldn't it be cool if she has ascended and can return in season nine?

Olli
June 9th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mindgame

Why did she leave the show? I always enjoyed her performances. She is truly a beautiful woman. I was so shocked by what happened in Heroes that I still don't except it and keep expecting her to show up every episode. Thankfully we have back to back Stargate SG-1 on Monday nights.

Wouldn't it be cool if she has ascended and can return in season nine?

All I know is that they thought season 7 were the last. They would have a dramatic climax and decided killing off the Doc would made it!

Heros was awfull and I hope Teryl Rothery will join the show again as Doc Fraiser or as an other character.

Originally Posted by Joe Malozzi

I heard that we will see this character in season 9 ep. "Convergence". Maybe it is our Doc?

lucylou
June 9th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I dont think Teryl should come back as a different character as it would completely ruin the effect of Heroes and it'd just ruin the memory of Janet I think seeing her as someone else. It' be nice to see Janet back in a flashback or Au episode though. Teryl truly is missed.

Luce xxx

Col. Newman
June 9th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I really Miss Janet too, and whats wrong with short girls i find them hott

p.s. enough with the slashs' people there werid and just plain creepy. thankfully i haven't seen any with guys cause that would just be http://www.seattle-network.com/~swtgy1026/My%20Pictures/puke4ak.gif

Droops
June 9th, 2005, 01:07 PM

p.s. enough with the slashs' people there werid and just plain creepy. thankfully i haven't seen any with guys cause that would just be http://www.seattle-network.com/~swtgy1026/My%20Pictures/puke4ak.gif

Here's a picture of some AWSOME male slash (don't get TOO sweaty over this, okay?):

http://members.megapipe.net/droops/HOMI.jpg

There, aren't you all a-tingle? I know I sure am. :D

Olli
June 9th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by lucylou

I dont think Teryl should come back as a different character as it would completely ruin the effect of Heroes and it'd just ruin the memory of Janet I think seeing her as someone else. It' be nice to see Janet back in a flashback or Au episode though. Teryl truly is missed.

The effect of Heros to me was that I was really upset about that stupid desicion, not more.

But I do not want ruin the memory of Teryl Rotherys character. If she do not come back to the show, what should I say? For me as an fan of old fashion from the first hour Stargate ends with season 7! There is still some fanfic I can read.

lucylou
June 10th, 2005, 09:03 AM
The effect of Heros to me was that I was really upset about that stupid desicion, not more.

But I do not want ruin the memory of Teryl Rotherys character. If she do not come back to the show, what should I say? For me as an fan of old fashion from the first hour Stargate ends with season 7! There is still some fanfic I can read.

I totally understand. I was really upset too. Janet for me was an integral part of the show and it's so sad the character was sacrificed the way she was though i think it was a really great tribute to those that die for their Countries. I too find it hard to watch after season 7. It's just not the same!

Luce xxx

lucylou
June 10th, 2005, 09:08 AM

Fair enough you don't like slash and it's your opinion that it's weird and creepy but it's just a part of the fandom, it's not meant to be anything to creep anyone out or to be strange. People see chemistry in all different places that's all same as some people see some ships between couples and some don't. I don't think it's sick but hey you're entitled to an opinion. Kudos to you.

Atteria
June 10th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I adore Teryl Rothery and I loved her as Dr. Fraiser. Although I miss her in the role, what REALLY gets me angry, is her name has NOT even been mentioned since her death! Come on, get real! Sam was her friend, as well as a patient. They had their love for Cassie as a bond. Tptb should have had at least Sam mention Janet a few times......and Daniel too. Look at how hard she fought for his life in Meridian. She was more than their doc, she was a comrade and a friend.

(gets down off her soap box)

Olli
June 11th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Atteria

Tptb should have had at least Sam mention Janet a few times......and Daniel too. Look at how hard she fought for his life in Meridian. She was more than their doc, she was a comrade and a friend.

Right! Absolutly!

Carterslave
June 11th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Haha, Sam is so totally checking out Janet from behind in that pic ;) :D
Yer darn tootin', A.D. There's another hallway scene in that episode ("Family") where everybody is listening to Teal'c ... except Janet, who's busy giving Sam the once-over. Earth to Janet ...

p.s. enough with the slashs' people there werid and just plain creepy. thankfully i haven't seen any with guys cause that would just be
If someone can't spell, punctuate or capitalize correctly, should we take them seriously?
As for slash, any show that features what are essentially pregnant men (the Jaffa & their symbiote pouches) or a male god slinking around in a woman's body (Osiris) is just ripe for all kinds of sexual interpretation, IMO. Thankfully, neither Teryl Rothery nor Amanda Tapping regard their slasher fans as "werid [sic] and just plain creepy." Instead, they've given them a number of shout-outs. And if TR returns to show the show, however briefly, the SamJan shippers will have played a big role in helping to bring that about. Speaking of which ...
Surely I'm not the only one who's starting to think that it was awfully convenient that Fraiser's body was left behind on Planet Beelzebub in Heroes (not that I believe for a moment that Daniel would allow it, even if it meant he had to carry her back himself). I'm beginning to suspect that TPTB left themselves a teeny bit of a loophole there juuuuuuussst in case they ever wanted to bring Doc Fraiser back from the dead somehow. You know those Goa'uld & their sarcophagi ...
More Terylpix soon. I promise.

Olli
June 13th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Carterslave

Surely I'm not the only one who's starting to think that it was awfully convenient that Fraiser's body was left behind on Planet Beelzebub in Heroes (not that I believe for a moment that Daniel would allow it, even if it meant he had to carry her back himself). I'm beginning to suspect that TPTB left themselves a teeny bit of a loophole there juuuuuuussst in case they ever wanted to bring Doc Fraiser back from the dead somehow.

I hope you are right, but honestly, I think we may be will see her once again in "Convergence" and thats it, because Stargate-SG1 is now a half-complete new show and if there is a season 10 may be they make a complete new show and we will not see Carter, Teal'c or someone else from the first 7 or 8 seasons in the show again.

Carterslave
June 19th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Luce, you are so right that there's chemistry here:
http://img158.echo.cx/img158/9272/3x17061cq.jpg

That's one of the classic Sam & Janet scenes (Carter just means the world to Fraiser, which is one of the most emotionally affecting undercurrents of the series, IMO). You put those two in a scene & you've got instant chemistry, which doesn't hurt when you consider that they carry the bulk of the show's exposition. Sam & Janet are the proverbial spoonful of sugar that coaxes the medicine down. ;)
Incidentally, a rival forum is conducting an online poll to determine the "Hottest Gal at the SGC." With 125+ votes tallied, the runaway leader in the polling is Janet. That's right, JANET!!! is being voted the leading Stargate hottie. Who'da thunk it? :D

lucylou
June 19th, 2005, 04:07 AM
I woulda! Sam is stunning and so pretty but Janet's just got the lovliest eyes and smile and is just so adorable.

I loved the whole Sam and Janet friendship in Stargate. So much more could have been done with it than there actually was IMO. You could see how close they were. I was watching Lifeboat yesterday and [spoiler]when Sam came round in the Infirmary the worry was really clear in Janets voice and expression[spoiler/] it was just a wonderful facet to the show and is something that I really miss.

Luce xxx

Olli
June 20th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I am anxious to see the episode "Ripple Effect" - that was formerly "Convergence" - and the following episodes and how they managed the return of a "much-loved, sorely-missed character". If it is really Janet... who knows?

lucylou
June 20th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Lets hope so. I hope that if it is they do it in a way that pays tribute to the character and does justice to the heroic way she was written out.

Luce xxx

Aleca
June 20th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone, I new here at GW and finally found this thread about Janet :)

I am really anxious as well to see "Ripple Effect" :S I hope they'll bring her back for at least one episode. I swear I'll be crying my heart out. Oh and I'm expecting a Jan/Sam hug...at least. :cool:

Oh,and I thought I'd contribute a picture:
http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/1024_3166336661356632.jpg

sarge
June 21st, 2005, 05:23 AM
great pic!
Thanx :D

Olli
June 21st, 2005, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by lucylou

Lets hope so. I hope that if it is they do it in a way that pays tribute to the character and does justice to the heroic way she was written out.

I was upset as I saw it but it was heroic, yes.

Thanks to Aleca for that great picture.

Carterslave
June 21st, 2005, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone, I new here at GW and finally found this thread about Janet :)
I am really anxious as well to see "Ripple Effect" :S I hope they'll bring her back for at least one episode. I swear I'll be crying my heart out. Oh and I'm expecting a Jan/Sam hug...at least. :cool:
Oh,and I thought I'd contribute a picture
We'll have to pass the crying towel, Aleca. Welcome! And thank you for the sehr heiss photo. Hubba, hubba! No wonder Janet's been voted "Hottest Gal @ the SGC."
Yes, a Sam/Janet hug is the least they could give us. :D

Aleca
June 21st, 2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome everyone :) ::hugs::

Tehee, how nice, you speak German. :p I hope the pic didn't make you fall off the chair,Carterslave. Put some pillows next to it before someone posts the next one.:D

Olli
June 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM

Yes, a Sam/Janet hug is the least they could give us.

A dream... a sweet dream...

sarge
June 23rd, 2005, 05:33 AM
I know I wouldn't mind a Sam or Janet hug ;)

Agent_Dark
June 23rd, 2005, 05:47 AM
I know I wouldn't mind a Sam or Janet hug ;)
Well, since ya asked... :p

:)

Aleca
June 23rd, 2005, 05:54 AM
yes, like that! I love that pic :o

sarge
June 23rd, 2005, 06:23 AM
Well, since ya asked... :p

:)
NICE!!

Aleca
June 23rd, 2005, 06:45 AM
I know this isn't exactly 'hugging' but its so cute. Have to post it, sorry if you saw it already :)

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/400_3030333461633731.jpg

sarge
June 23rd, 2005, 07:16 AM
man ya'll have some good pics!
keep 'em comin' :D

Olli
June 23rd, 2005, 07:23 AM
Whether we will see a really really great "welcome back hug" or an "You are my best friend go with god hug" in the show?

Col. Newman
June 23rd, 2005, 07:38 AM
A dream... a sweet dream...if you guys are talking about a sam/janet slash again i think i am going to pukehttp://img32.echo.cx/img32/7526/puke4ak2iu.gifbut if your just talking about friends then that is fine

Caro
June 23rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
I watched "lifeboat" yesterday, and well, IMHO it's the best "fraiser episode"... Teryl did a great job on that episode, too bad she didn't get an award :(
Her interaction with Daniel and all his souls was awesome !

Olli
June 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Col. Newman

if you guys are talking about a sam/janet slash again i think i am going to puke but if your just talking about friends then that is fine

I'm a s/j shipper, if you want to blame me about this I have to live with it. I'm really sorry for my point of view.

And yes, I know they can not put anything like "this" on the show.

Aleca
June 23rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
Col. Newman , I'm not even going to take note on your slightly offending behaviour. If you have a problem with shippers, then that's okay. But we don't need to have to agree with your valuable opinion, do we?

Caro, I know she should have won an award, it's a shame :( Lifeboat was awesome, I hope she knows.

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
http://img293.echo.cx/img293/8509/bex296xu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Something for Janet fans everywhere ...

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
... plus a little something expressly for Col. Newman. (Not that I begrudge anybody else appreciating it.) ;)
http://img32.echo.cx/img32/3298/samnjanet15th.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
A deep bow to the unknown artist; she has envisioned the exact same scene that would conclude the Stargate episode that I would write. Ain't never gonna happen—on so many levels. But a fanboy can have a dream, can't he?

Agent_Dark
June 23rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
... plus a little something expressly for Col. Newman. (Not that I begrudge anybody else appreciating it.) ;)
http://img32.echo.cx/img32/3298/samnjanet15th.jpg
A deep bow to the unknown artist; she has envisioned the exact same scene that would conclude the Stargate episode that I would write. Ain't never gonna happen—on so many levels. But a fanboy can have a dream, can't he?
Hahaha, there's so much chemistry... How can they not be together??? :D

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
I "horked"* this one yesterday ... vintage Teryl shmoopiness from a Creation con in Dallas, late last winter. She is such a ham! :D
http://img219.echo.cx/img219/7210/terylatherbest9qz.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
There's plenty more where that came from; brace yourselves for an avalanche of Terylpix.

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 11:01 PM
I wasn't going to post more Sam & Janet piccies right away but my hero, Agent Dark, mentioned "chemistry" (of whatever type you prefer to see). So I thought I'd upload a sample or two. It's amazing how it comes through even in still photos ...
http://img274.echo.cx/img274/1918/sam20104oh.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
As should be obvious from Janet's rather severe 'spinster' ensemble, this is from 2010, one of SG-1's best efforts, IMO.

Agent_Dark
June 23rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
I wasn't going to post more Sam & Janet piccies right away but my hero, Agent Dark, mentioned "chemistry" (of whatever type you prefer to see). So I thought I'd upload a sample or two. It's amazing how it comes through even in still photos ...

*motions for pics to keep coming...* :D ;)

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 11:19 PM
Now there's chemistry and then there's sparkage. The TR/AT electricity is particularly apparent here:
http://img97.echo.cx/img97/4579/samdefendsherselftojan2zy.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
My guess is this is from Ascension. (A pivotal scene between Carter & Fraiser didn't make the final cut. In it, Sam learned from Janet that she'd been cleared for duty two days previous—but nobody had thought to tell her. Sam's anger over the slight motivated much of her subsequent behavior vis-a-vis Orlin. It was also in this scene that Carter mentions she has "a date," drawing a baleful look from Fraiser.)

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 11:34 PM
From Rite of Passage (my favorite episode of the entire series): tension in the Fraiser Family between (clockwise) Cassandra, Mom and ... uh ... 'Dad.' I guess.
http://img297.echo.cx/img297/4753/passage5lz.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Yes, this is the episode that fans dubbed Cassandra Has Two Mommies. Let's just keep that between us, okay? ;)

Aleca
June 23rd, 2005, 11:38 PM
A pivotal scene between Carter & Fraiser didn't make the final cut. In it, Sam learned from Janet that she'd been cleared for duty two days previous—but nobody had thought to tell her. Sam's anger over the slight motivated much of her subsequent behavior vis-a-vis Orlin. It was also in this scene that Carter mentions she has "a date," drawing a baleful look from Fraiser.

God, how I wish I could have seen that look. Like, on screen. Where can I see that scene?????? :o

(I so miss Janet *sigh*)

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
Keep those Thud Helmets handy, boys and girls. The fun is just getting started!
http://img108.echo.cx/img108/2924/tr1xl6bx.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
... speaking of thuddage. Whew! ;)

Carterslave
June 23rd, 2005, 11:53 PM
God, how I wish I could have seen that look. Like, on screen. Where can I see that scene?????? (I so miss Janet *sigh*)
A fragment of it can be seen in Secret Files of the SGC, where Fraiser proposes a "girls night out." The rest of my info is largely derived from a synopsis given by TR herself, on the convention circuit. (The Sam/Janet shippers are fervent fans of TR & she's a big fan of them.)
I miss the itty-bitty physician, too. When she died and Hammond sorta semi-retired, SG-1 was left with a vast, empty space where its heart used to be. :S
In the interests of thinking happy thoughts about Hammond & Fraiser, here they are in Urgo—keeping a very safe distance from a seemingly pixillated SG-1. Seeing as the Fab Four have been infected with Dom DeLuise, I'm not sure I blame Janet & George for their circumspection. ;)
http://img92.echo.cx/img92/6716/urgo98jn.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Aleca
June 24th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Hm, yes I think I saw that 'Secret Files' bit. It's on a DVD I gave to a friend (months ago) and still waiting to get it back. Have to watch it again then :D

Hee, Urgo is so funny. That pic cracks me up. As well as the scene in the beginning:
I couldn't find the cap with Janets gesture, but this is right before it
happens:
Sam (to URGO) : It’s a defibrillator.
http://www.stargatefan.com/episodes3/0316/images/138.jpg

Olli
June 24th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Wow! This are great pictures. I think I have to rent the DVD's and watch the whole show again.

Carterslave
June 25th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Judging from their facial expressions, Janet & Sam must be reading fanfic.
http://img236.echo.cx/img236/7471/grimace9rv.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Actually, Fraiser is removing the Isis symbiote from its canopic jar, in The Curse.

Carterslave
June 25th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Teryl in Tulsa. This lovely candid was taken by TR fan extraordinaire Rocketchick, creator of SaveJanetFraiser.com & author of the fanfic masterpiece "Before Knowing Remembers." If you look closely, you'll see that Teryl is autographing one of Rocketchick's original artworks, this one derived from the "Clone Janet" website. Since TR has a big crush on Patrick Stewart*, I'm sure she enjoyed signing artwork that combined Picard and Fraiser.
*—It's true; she claims not to have brushed her teeth for a fortnight after kissing him. ("He has very soft lips," she reported.)
http://img274.echo.cx/img274/6279/0000h9yx2ae.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Isn't that a heart-warming UltraBrite smile?

Agent_Dark
June 25th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Haha, I've had alook around that Clone!Janet site and some of those pics are pretty damm funny :D

Olli
June 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM

Judging from their facial expressions, Janet & Sam must be reading fanfic.

http://img236.echo.cx/img236/7471/grimace9rv.jpg

But it must be bad fanfic?

Agent_Dark
June 25th, 2005, 05:29 AM
It's Sam/Jack fanfic ;) :P

Olli
June 25th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by Agent_Dark

It's Sam/Jack fanfic

I have not read any Sam/Jack fanfic. Is this stuff bad like this expression tells us?

Celestial
June 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Just paying my homage to Dr. Teryl Frasier. I hated that she got killed off. SGC isn't the same without her.

Agent_Dark
June 25th, 2005, 06:36 AM
I have not read any Sam/Jack fanfic. Is this stuff bad like this expression tells us?
rofl.. :D

Like any pairing, there is some *great* fic out there for it. Really wonderfully written pieces. But since Sam/Jack can be described as one of the dominant ships on Stargate, there is alot of crap. And I mean crap :|
Sam/Janet on the other hand, is alot less popular and IMO seems to breed better writers.

Besides, Sam/Jack doesn't really do it for me and I like to take a few playful digs at it whenever I get the chance :D

Olli
June 25th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Agent_Dark

Sam/Janet on the other hand, is alot less popular and IMO seems to breed better writers.

I think thats right. I read a lot of stories on ralst.com or area52hkh.net and some of this... Wow!

Carterslave
June 25th, 2005, 11:04 PM
It's Sam/Jack fanfic ;) :P
Like any pairing, there is some *great* fic out there for it. Really wonderfully written pieces. But since Sam/Jack can be described as one of the dominant ships on Stargate, there is a lot of crap. And I mean crap :|
Besides, Sam/Jack doesn't really do it for me and I like to take a few playful digs at it whenever I get the chance :D
Actually, I also had several craptacular Sam/Janet pieces in mind when I wrote that cutline. But, having read enough Sam/Jack fanfic to carpet Pegasus Galaxy, the dross-to-gold ratio is far worse for Sam/Jack than the *other* S/J. The latter fandom is dominated by a handful of very good authors. For instance, "Before Knowing Remembers" is a terrific sci-fi novella that happens to include same-sex romance. (Not that I have anything against some good PWP.) But the bottom of the Sam/Janet grading curve includes some ultra-squicky stuff. If you ever come across a story titled "Janet's Rite of Passage," RUN as fast as possible in the other direction. You'll thank me later. ;)
One problem I have with Sam/Jack stories is that Carter is usually written as a passive wuss, waiting around for Jack to sweep her off her feet. (Rowan Darkstar is good about avoiding this, but she's an exception to the rule.) There's much more of a balance between the protagonists in the Sam/Janet stuff—also less dancing around the 'ship in the middle of the room, which is the near-inevitable corollary to almost all the Sam/Jack stuff I've read. (On average, the Sam/Jack PWP seems truer to the characters, IMO.)
Like Agent Dark, I've been burned out by too much mawkish S/J shmoop. Also, speaking as a recovering S/J shipper (the more I saw of it, the less I bought into it), I have as big—if not bigger—a problem with the ship fanatics than I do with S/J itself. Let's put it this way: if I had to answer Joe Mallozzi's mail, I'd be far less forbearant than he is. If I had a dollar for every "When will Sam & Jack get together?" e-mail ...
Rather than end on a negative note, how about some Sam/Janet UST from Upgrades. You don't have to be a SamJan shipper to note that, by this point in the series, Fraiser is (hopelessly?) in love with Carter.
http://img151.echo.cx/img151/1627/janetupgrades5rj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Olli
June 26th, 2005, 02:54 AM

You don't have to be a SamJan shipper to note that, by this point in the series, Fraiser is (hopelessly?) in love with Carter.

Great picture, gives you a lot to think of...

Like Agent Dark, I've been burned out by too much mawkish S/J shmoop.

Like in another thread I have to apologize for my lack of knowing of the english colloquial speech, so what do you mean with that?

Besides I have read both stories "Before Knowing Remembers" and "Janet's Rite of Passage" and it was a luck for me to run away from Janet`s Rite directly in the arms of "Before Knowing Remembers". You are right.

I have read some other good Sam/Janet fic like Ampersand, Darkspell, As One or Family.

Caro
June 26th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Do you have any good Sam/Janet friendship fic (and friendship only, I'm definitly NOT a S/Janet shipper ! :p) to recommend ?

EDIT : I just saw that sky and olli gave some links on the Janet/sam friendship/ship thread, so forget my question :D

Aleca
June 26th, 2005, 03:20 AM
I don't know any, Caro, but if you look for good S/Jack fic, theres usually Janet as a good friend of Sams. :)

That warning was a little too late Carterslave. lol I already read 'Janets Rite of Passage' *headdesk* I had an 'OMFG'-Moment and then got drunk.

Carterslave
June 26th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Like in another thread I have to apologize for my lack of knowing of the english colloquial speech, so what do you mean with that?

I have read some other good Sam/Janet fic like Ampersand, Darkspell, As One or Family.
I haven't seen any of those. Where did you find them? As for your question, what I meant was sweet, romantic stories (i.e., "shmoop") that are so icky-sweet & emotional that they could give you diabetes. In some of them, Janet is basically there to push Sam & Jack into each others' arms. (Insert eye-roll here.) Then there was one where S&J finally declare their famous "feelings" & start making out at Janet's old house ... which is wrong in so many ways. Into every fandom some bad fiction must fall, but Sam/Jack seems to have a disproportionate amount.

And now, in the interests of "thunk"-ing ...
http://img36.echo.cx/img36/7606/0000g66y3bm.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
June 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Teryl in Tulsa again ... with another familiar face.
http://img97.echo.cx/img97/8652/tulsa0165yj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

The_Ever_Ready_Bunny
June 27th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Big S/Janet shipper too :D

For those who never read it until now, the Pink Rabbit : BITS AND PIECES SERIES is a must read !!! (Bits & Pieces (http://www.altfic.com/subtextfic/stargate/prp/bap/01mostlypainless.htm) )

ps : sorry for my bad english actually I'm french... :o

Olli
June 27th, 2005, 08:31 AM

I haven't seen any of those. Where did you find them?

Ampersand = by Geonn on area52hkh.net (19 parts)
Family = by John O'Conner on area52hkh.net (10 parts)
As One = by Harriet on ralst.com
Darkspell = by Celievamp on ralst.com continued in Dawnspell and Dayspell

I hope some of you would read this stories and enjoy them but attention its all Sam/Janet slash.

And at last thanks for the explanation.

Originally Posted by The_Ever_Ready_Bunny

For those who never read it until now, the Pink Rabbit : BITS AND PIECES SERIES is a must read !!

Yes, there are some good stories on The Pink Rabbit Consortium. But this are fem-slash stories too.

Carterslave
June 27th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone,
Bienvenue, Ever Ready. With that screen name, you should have a picture of Teryl for your avatar. :)
http://img91.echo.cx/img91/6305/bts155la.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
P.S.: Thanks for the links.

Carterslave
June 27th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Ampersand = by Geonn on area52hkh.net (19 parts)
Family = by John O'Conner on area52hkh.net (10 parts)
As One = by Harriet on ralst.com
Darkspell = by Celievamp on ralst.com continued in Dawnspell and Dayspell.
Thanks!
Hmmmm ... delicieuse.
http://img294.echo.cx/img294/6237/janet159pc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Or, as a friend of mine describes Tapping & Rothery, "two great tastes that taste great together."

Carterslave
June 28th, 2005, 12:05 AM
This photo always makes me misty-eyed. It captures what I love most about Janet Fraiser, a tiny woman with an enormous heart.
http://img295.echo.cx/img295/5305/janet201vt.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Waaaaaaaaaah! They took away our Janet! Those PTB can be so cruel. :(

Kliggins
June 28th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Hi everyone,

For those who never read it until now, the Pink Rabbit : BITS AND PIECES SERIES is a must read !!! (Bits & Pieces (http://www.altfic.com/subtextfic/stargate/prp/bap/01mostlypainless.htm) )

Bonjour The Every Ready Bunny! :D Your English is so much better than my Francais. :p

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v257/kligg/sigpic/dj14.jpg

My only picture of Janet, she looks so tiny. :)

Olli
June 28th, 2005, 08:04 AM

Waaaaaaaaaah! They took away our Janet! Those PTB can be so cruel.

Ok! Here my crazy theorie.

Attention! I do not want to offend anyone!

There are buissnes men at PTB who wants to make money in the first place. They need an actress, which can hold her naked butt into the cameras, like Jolene Blalock in the Enterprise show, if the ratings are going down. And they thougt Teryls b*** was not firm enougt or Teryl would not do this.

It is just a theorie on my own!

The_Ever_Ready_Bunny
June 28th, 2005, 08:31 AM
http://www.pierregravel.com/test/6444_12.jpg

The look that kills.... :o

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/6444_13.jpg

Thanks for your welcoming :)

Olli
June 28th, 2005, 09:45 AM
How can we not welcome someone who shows us this great pictures.

Carterslave
June 28th, 2005, 11:06 PM
And they thought Teryl's b*** was not firm enough
Only if they've been struck blind! I feel compelled to defend the honor of Teryl's butt. Herewith, Exhibit A:
http://img261.echo.cx/img261/593/0005b5d36vm.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
That is one damn fine derriere. And Teryl really knows how to shake it, I might add. ;)

Ever Ready, merci beaucoup pour les photos trés sexy de la merveilleux et ravissant Teryl.

Olli
June 29th, 2005, 06:12 AM
If the bosses of PTB had seen this picture... maybe we had had our doc until now.

Aleca
June 29th, 2005, 06:24 AM
I really doubt that this was the reason.

*sigh* Those are gorgeous pictures *thud*
Maybe next time, I should lie down before opening this thread...

LOL
http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/1024_6538616263386562.jpg

oh and Carterslave, that's the pic with JR I wanted to show ya. ;)

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/1024_3537373365383337.jpg

Damn, I miss him...too :( :o

The_Ever_Ready_Bunny
June 29th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Only if they've been struck blind! I feel compelled to defend the honor of Teryl's butt. Herewith, Exhibit A:

Ohhhh.... :D the butt is better than fine and and perfect... and... and... ooo my... Is it me or it's realy hot in here ? (got to go put my head in the freezer for thirty seconds then remember myself to breath...)

OK and now what about the legs !!! :eek: :D

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/TerylandDon20.jpg

Ever Ready, merci beaucoup pour les photos trés sexy de la merveilleux et ravissant Teryl.

Your welcome ! Tout le plaisir est pour moi, vraiment je te l'assure ! ;)

Olli
June 29th, 2005, 11:50 AM

Ohhhh.... the butt is better than fine and and perfect... and... and... ooo my... Is it me or it's realy hot in here ? (got to go put my head in the freezer for thirty seconds then remember myself to breath...)

In an out, in and out slowly and constant, in and out. So! It is better now?
But it is extremly understandable. Where was this photo shot?

The_Ever_Ready_Bunny
June 30th, 2005, 05:15 AM
In an out, in and out slowly and constant, in and out. So! It is better now? But it is extremly understandable. Where was this photo shot?

Oh boy.... I don't know.... slowly and constant... in and out... I'm ok... for now... I think... :S

For the picture, I don't know wich convention it was, the only thing I know is that it was in 2004...

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/OMGK1.jpg

Nice nice t-shirt ! :)

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/OMGK2.jpg

I need one !!!! :D

Aleca
June 30th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Wow, that shirt is....tight.
*faints*
I need one too :D

starellen1
June 30th, 2005, 05:49 AM
I really miss Dr. F, it's like losing a family member, too bad they couldn't have had her ascend, but been done .

Aleca
June 30th, 2005, 06:42 AM
http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/1024_3835353839653561.jpg

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/400_6533393363353335.jpg

and...aaww, I really love it:
http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/800_6566346465343331.jpg

hmmmm..
http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/32/1159032/800_6431336366393162.jpg

Caro
June 30th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I want that t-shirt, it's great !!

The_Ever_Ready_Bunny
June 30th, 2005, 07:32 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :p

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/Teryl1.jpg

I really miss Dr. F, it's like losing a family member, too bad they couldn't have had her ascend, but been done .

Yes indeed... snif snif... :(

sarge
June 30th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Wow, that shirt is....tight.
*faints*
I need one too :D
yeah nice uhhhh ... shirt. :D

Olli
June 30th, 2005, 01:11 PM

Oh boy.... I don't know.... slowly and constant... in and out... I'm ok... for now... I think...

Thank God!

Teryl wores a great T-Shirt. Can anyone remember an dead character of any show who fights for his/hers resurrection like this?

Carterslave
June 30th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Ohhhh.... :D the butt is better than fine and and perfect... and... and... ooo my... Is it me or it's realy hot in here?
OK and now what about the legs !!! :eek: :D
http://www.pierregravel.com/test/TerylandDon20.jpg

Mais oui, la derriere de Teryl est vraiment belle and, yes, it's very hot in here, too. {fans self furiously}
As for the legs ... and the see-through blouse: She's trying to kill us, isn't she? Don't tell me this woman doesn't know she drives people nuts.
(Aleca has already seen through my alias—I'm betrayed by my Janet fixation once more!)

And now for an utterly wonderful—if sad—Sam/Janet ficlet, "Raindrops" by Meesh, one of Teryl's leading British fans
http://fsac.shatterstorm.net/sum2005/stories/raindrops.html

Carterslave
June 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Thank God!
Teryl wores a great T-Shirt. Can anyone remember an dead character of any show who fights for his/hers resurrection like this?
Or this:
http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/3686/terylshirt2pn.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Not only is TR the most delightfully improbable of sex goddesses, she is also—by all accounts—one of the nicest. Killing Janet was like running over a puppy dog. Bad PTB! Very bad!! :(

Olli
July 1st, 2005, 03:28 AM

And now for an utterly wonderful—if sad—Sam/Janet ficlet, "Raindrops" by Meesh, one of Teryl's leading British fans

I read this story too and I must confess I do not like sad stories. I prefer stories with an happy end.

Carterslave
July 1st, 2005, 11:47 PM
I read this story too and I must confess I do not like sad stories. I prefer stories with a happy end.
Fortunately, the vast majority of SamJan fiction features happy endings. But I need a piercing dose of angst amidst the shmoop, otherwise it can get too ... well, shmoopy.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1787/companywekeep6yo.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
In the meantime ... another great scene from Rite of Passage.

Carterslave
July 1st, 2005, 11:56 PM
Uh, that last picture was *cough* shmoopier than I initially realized. Here's the opening scene of Rite of Passage. As we can see, Janet & Sam are about to have cake. Little do they know that Dominic is on his way over, hoping to get a piece of ... cake from Cassie. Soon, lightbulbs will explode and it will be cake interruptus for all concerned. Darn. What a waste of good frosting.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5184/birthday15az.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Olli
July 2nd, 2005, 12:43 AM

Fortunately, the vast majority of SamJan fiction features happy endings. But I need a piercing dose of angst amidst the shmoop, otherwise it can get too ... well, shmoopy.

A little bit angst, violence or something like that at the beginning or in the middle of a story is a good possibility to make it interessting but at the end I want it `shmoopy´.
It must not be so shmoopy that the whole world know about our two heroines anyone is happy with that but if Sam and Janet are a couple at the end... well, I like it.

Carterslave
July 2nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
In reply to the question about the origin of the B&W picture of Teryl's tuchus, it was taken by a professional (?) photographer in the U.K. More than that I do not know.
Speaking of the Fraiser fanny, it doesn't go unnoticed, even at the South Pole:
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9008/frozenniceass9qk.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
July 2nd, 2005, 11:19 PM
Uh oh. You've gone & done it now, O'Neill—you've given the Double Zat of Death to Doc Fraiser's girlfriend.
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9930/entityjjs33mi.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Jack, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes the next time you have a physical. Janet's going to whip out the honkin' biggest needles she can find & when you tell her to "just jam it right in there" you're going to be so sorry. :cool:

Olli
July 3rd, 2005, 01:09 AM
Carterslave let me thank you at this place for all the incredible pictures you have showen us. I also will thank all other members in this thread for showing this great pictures.

Jack, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes the next time you have a physical. Janet's going to whip out the honkin' biggest needles she can find & when you tell her to "just jam it right in there" you're going to be so sorry.

I can imagine that Jack would enjoy the needles, because he shot the girl who have a crush on him - he thinks.

Col. Newman
July 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Uh oh. You've gone & done it now, O'Neill—you've given the Double Zat of Death to Doc Fraiser's girlfriend.
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9930/entityjjs33mi.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Jack, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes the next time you have a physical. Janet's going to whip out the honkin' biggest needles she can find & when you tell her to "just jam it right in there" you're going to be so sorry. :cool:this is the Janet Fraiser Thunk thread not a Janet/Sam slash thread, stay on topic people

Carterslave
July 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
this is the Janet Fraiser Thunk thread not a Janet/Sam slash thread, stay on topic people
With all due respect to our self-appointed moderator, discussing the character of Dr. Janet Fraiser w/o talking about the big torch she's carrying for Major Carter (acknowledged by TR herself) is like trying not to discuss the elephant in the middle of the room.
Actually, there's quite a beautiful scene in Entity where Jack and Janet discuss Sam's living will & whether her life support should be terminated—but they're also very delicately talking around how they are both in love w/ Carter.
Janet's feelings for Sam, whether reciprocated or not (YMMV), are a lovely thing & should hardly be regarded as "taboo" or "shameful" as part of a discussion of one of the most unabashedly wonderful characters (IMHO) in TV history. Damn those Janet-killing PTB! :S

And now for some wholly uncontroversial, thunk-worthy content:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1073/2x17101wz.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Sigh! :)

Carterslave
July 3rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4411/4x20177bs.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
From the final scene of Entity.

Carterslave
July 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM
http://img298.imageshack.us/img298/1426/5x06023kg.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
From the opening scene of Rite of Passage. With some embarrassment, I must confess that I didn't notice TR that much when I started watching the show, but now I find her exquisitely beautiful. Je t'adore, Teryl.

Carterslave
July 3rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1456/0001ekad1av.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
A recent photo—if hardly a seasonal one. :)

Carterslave
July 3rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1057/2000a6pl.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Teryl with her beloved dog, Bodine.
This next one is for Caro, who liked the first Rothery/Shanks photo from Tulsa so much ...
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/913/tulsa0184ol.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Caro
July 4th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks a lot Carterslave, you made my day :D Teryl looks great and Micheal looks... yummy !!!

By the way, who's the girl on the left ???

Aleca
July 4th, 2005, 03:16 AM
(Aleca has already seen through my alias—I'm betrayed by my Janet fixation once more!)

hehe,yeah indeed I did. It wasn't too hard :p

Ah, lovely pictures... I adore her in ROP *le sigh*

Agent_Dark
July 4th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks a lot Carterslave, you made my day :D Teryl looks great and Micheal looks... yummy !!!

By the way, who's the girl on the left ???
Looks like a pregnant Lexa Doig, MS's wife. She's also the (replacement) new CMO for SG-1 in season9. Dunno how she'll hold up to our Doc Fraiser tho...

Col. Newman
July 4th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Looks like a pregnant Lexa Doig, MS's wife. She's also the (replacement) new CMO for SG-1 in season9. Dunno how she'll hold up to our Doc Fraiser tho...she is MS's Wife? lucky SOB

Carterslave
July 5th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Yes, that's Janet's usurper ... er, painfully inadequate replacement ... er, sop to the teenage-fanboy contingent. Schade.

she is MS's Wife? lucky SOB
If that's your type. Mine? Not so much. (Although she does look more beautiful when preggers, IMO.) Me, I'd go for Teryl seven days a week & twice on Sunday. As for the newbie, a recent headline ("Robot Becomes Doctor") sorta said it all, IMHO. :S
But, to make Caro & Col. Newman happy, here's the last one in the series:
http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/1472/tulsa0175du.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
July 5th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Teryl was scheduled to appear at the Burbank Creation con on 7/8/05. However, she's landed a TV pilot (Yay!), which means she's had to cancel her California appearance (Sob!). Meanwhile, we can console ourselves with this thunk-worthy portrait, which I horked (Canadian for "stole") from the "Sam's a Great Character" thread.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5155/janet4rx.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
July 5th, 2005, 02:06 AM
The less said about Christopher Judge's singing the better. ;) However ... in addition to being to being a sensitive screenwriter (The Changeling), he's also a fine portrait photographer. Here he brings out Teryl's Inner Vamp.
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5755/terylbychris0ts.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Carterslave
July 5th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Aleca was kind enough to mention the Apogee of Western Civilization As We Know It (more commonly referred to as Rite of Passage). I'd run out of RoP screencaps {Gasp!}, so I quickly grabbed a few more. Here we have Janet & Sam with "this cake that Sam baked ..."
Sam: [sheepishly] "Bought."
Janet: [unflappable] "That Sam brought over here."
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7496/0024vd.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Oh, and *cough* the hands. *cough* {Whistles nonchalantly}

Carterslave
July 5th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Another crisis averted: this time in Singularity. TR & AT have extraordinary chemistry & it really shines in this tableau, especially since you can't see their faces, so their body language provides all the expression. What a great hurt/comfort moment this makes.
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8822/maternalinstinctstocass8yy.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Aleca
July 5th, 2005, 02:55 AM
uhoh....the hands... can only look at their hands...
Yeah, *that's* chemistry!!

The_Ever_Ready_Bunny
July 5th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Mais oui, la derriere de Teryl est vraiment belle and, yes, it's very hot in here, too. {fans self furiously} As for the legs ... and the see-through blouse: She's trying to kill us, isn't she? Don't tell me this woman doesn't know she drives people nuts.

Firstly I think that she has already killed me over a zillion times, and secondly, yes, I think that she absolutely knows that she drives us raving mad... ! :D Elle a ce petit hummmpfff that makes my head spinning... god... Elle a un charisme fou !!!! Sono pazzesco di lei ! (je suis folle d'elle)

Speaking about fanfics, I wrote a couple on Sam/Jan, but they are in french, so here's the link for those who are interested...

État de Grace (State of Grace) (http://www.xenavf.net/fanfics/view_fic.php?num=fic0047)

Meilleur que du chocolat (Better than chocolate) (http://www.xenavf.net/fanfics/view_fic.php?num=fic0048)

And i'm about to publish 2 others wich are - Souviens-toi de moi (Remember me) and Y-a-t-il un docteur dans la place (Is there a doctor in the house)... These four stories are part of a series... Well, maybe I translate these someday...

Here other pictures of our adorable TR

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/016.jpg

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/075.jpg

http://www.pierregravel.com/test/077.jpg

Olli
July 5th, 2005, 07:51 AM

("Robot Becomes Doctor")

I saw Lexa at that Andromeda show in german tv and... well she looks good (not as good as our doc) and her skills as actress... well she looks good. I saw just a few episodes of Andromeda. I was not fascinate by that show.

Ok, I do not want to offend anyone and I'm certain Lexa is a nice person but who thinks she can replace Teryl?

Carterslave
July 5th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I saw Lexa at that Andromeda show in german tv and... well she looks good (not as good as our doc) and her skills as actress... well she looks good.
Bwah-ha-ha! :D And the less said of Andromeda, the better. There are several actresses who would do honor to the role of Janet's successor. I do not think Mrs. Shanks is among them. But TPTB seem to want somebody who will make the frat boys drool. :S
Je ne suis pas heureuse.
I wish my few remaining fragments of schoolboy French were adequate to reading Ever_Ready's short stories. The titles sound even lovelier in French than in English. Teryl would probably be thrilled to know that she is a protagonist of Romance-language literature now. :)
Some of the early Stargate DVDs have a French-language track & I have to say they cast the voices perfectly. Squint just a bit & you can easily imagine Jean Seberg as Sam, Jean-Paul Belmondo as O'Neill, Jean-Louis Trintignant [sic?] as Daniel and perhaps Lino Ventura as Hammond. After all, the original Stargate film was a French-German picture that employed American talent. Small wonder the TV show is more popular in Europe than America. Why don't more Yanks embrace this wonderful series?
Oh, we'd better have some thunk-related content:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6742/80064313363663931628xz.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
... from S1. I never cared for this hairdo—and neither did the U.S. Airforce, which soon led to:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7784/image12cs.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
... the now-classic Fraiser look.

Olli
July 6th, 2005, 01:16 AM

There are several actresses who would do honor to the role of Janet's successor. I do not think Mrs. Shanks is among them. But TPTB seem to want somebody who will make the frat boys drool.

Some times ago I asked Joe Malozzi how many actresses were casted for the part of dr. lam. He answered that lexa was the one and only.

Col. Newman
July 6th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Some times ago I asked Joe Malozzi how many actresses were casted for the part of dr. lam. He answered that lexa was the one and only.hey i like Fraiser too, but if TPTB aren’t going to bring her back then they aren’t, deal with it and move on and lexa is great

Olli
July 6th, 2005, 04:58 AM
And what if I do not to want move on? What if I want keep up my crush for Janet/Teryl and my opinion she should come back to the show?

In that case I'm narrow-minded, I was called in another thread. I'm one of "this" fanatic nerds.

I think I can live with that and sorry, but you have too.

By the way. Why should I move on? You can come back to my point of view but if you do not want this it is ok. I will not force people to change their mind.

And at last, I know that the chances for a recurring come back of Janet Fraiser are minor. If she comes back in one or two episodes this will be great. At the other site, why can Teryl Rothery not come back to the show in another role?

I think we should keep open our mind for all possibilities.

Carterslave
July 6th, 2005, 10:19 PM
hey i like Fraiser too, but if TPTB aren’t going to bring her back then they aren’t, deal with it and move on
Coming from a signatory of the Save Janet Fraiser petition, that's kinda rich.
and lexa is great
Meh. Not my type. The jury is still out on her acting, but her bimbo-rific costuming tends to confirm my worst fears since Dr. Andromeda's advent was announced.
And if I don't feel like 'getting with the program' as the show becomes more T&A-ized in S9, that's my prerogative. Dr. Fraiser was a great, steadfast & eloquent character—my favorite character on the series, in fact. I continue to mourn her absence, which has lessened the overall show (as did Don Davis' departure, but that's another discussion).
As for TPTB's choice of replacement: I say it's spinach & I say the heck with it. Granted, it would have been an enormous stretch to bring TR back (although I'm keep my fingers crossed for a guest shot ... or three), but since the role needed to be filled, somebody who could have carried on the Fraiser tradition would have been a nice gesture to Doc Janet's fans. I feel like we've been given the finger instead. But if eye candy is your bag, then Xmas just came early.

Here's who I won't be seeing in Burbank this weekend, darn it.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5843/0000y83a2ti.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)