Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GEWbert
    I think the reason they killed her off though was because Terryl Rothery didn't want to do the show anymore, but i could be wrong on this.
    I think that's wrong. I remember reading that the powers that be approached Teryl with the idea because all thought that was the last season and it would be an episode with Janet in a role of importance, which was appealing to her (although it presumably adversely impacted her participating in any followup movie, etc.)

Comment

Let's have those pictures, people.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Here we go:

Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

You shall have pictures ... as soon as I figure out how to 'embed' them correctly. In the meantime, I bow down before the nexus of beauty, talent, compassion and sex appeal that is Teryl Rothery. The show just isn't the same w/o Doctor J.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Check out the Lexa Doig Thunk Thread
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
              You shall have pictures ... as soon as I figure out how to 'embed' them correctly. In the meantime, I bow down before the nexus of beauty, talent, compassion and sex appeal that is Teryl Rothery. The show just isn't the same w/o Doctor J.

Just do [img.]url[/img.] (Without the .) and the image will appear .

And you're right, the show isn't same without Janet. Why did they have to kill her?! Why didn't they kill of Jack, because RDA has limited time and it would've made a far greater impact.
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

i miss janet

Comment

I miss Janet !! I still don't know why they had to kill her Does anybody knows why?
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

She no doubt brought some skills to the table and I thought was particularly cute when she used medic-speak. If you miss your weekly Dr. F fix and want to see her again, flip over to the Lifetime channel...she seems to have done quite a few movies for them.

Not to be a height-ist but on the non-SG1 shows, she looks about 3 feet tall!
                    "It moisturizes my situation and maintains my sexy."

-- P. Diddy in an infomercial for Proactiv skin care

Comment

She's also made quite a few appearences on the program "Dead Like Me" she's the main characters Mum i think, not sure, but i caught first five minutes of the program and saw her name in the opening credits.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                        I miss Janet !! I still don't know why they had to kill her Does anybody knows why?
                        TPTB wanted to have some reality into the show I believe it was.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
                          She wasn't that good!
                          Hey, if you're gonna diss Teryl (the most versatile actor on the show), take it to another room. This thread is explicitly for the appreciation of Dr. Janet & the actress who portrayed her. It's bad enough that TPTB are replacing her with eye candy. Grrrrrrrrr! If I wanted bimbos I'd watch another show.
                          Part of what Fraiser so delightful was TR's ability to make the most outlandish dialogue sound like solid scientific discourse. She & Don Davis provided a 'baseline' of credibility that undergirded much of the show.
                          If TR seems even shorter on non-Stargate shows, it may be b/c TPTB often had her standing on a variety of boxes to minimize height disparities. (The 'Daniel box,' etc.) Thus, two-shots w. Amanda Tapping would require the deployment of—ahem!- the 'Sam box.'

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                            Hey, if you're gonna diss Teryl (the most versatile actor on the show), take it to another room. This thread is explicitly for the appreciation of Dr. Janet & the actress who portrayed her. It's bad enough that TPTB are replacing her with eye candy. Grrrrrrrrr! If I wanted bimbos I'd watch another show.
                            Part of what Fraiser so delightful was TR's ability to make the most outlandish dialogue sound like solid scientific discourse. She & Don Davis provided a 'baseline' of credibility that undergirded much of the show.
                            If TR seems even shorter on non-Stargate shows, it may be b/c TPTB often had her standing on a variety of boxes to minimize height disparities. (The 'Daniel box,' etc.) Thus, two-shots w. Amanda Tapping would require the deployment of—ahem!- the 'Sam box.'
                            yep, and she looked dang good doing it

Comment

Actually, if somebody has a particular performance by Teryl Rothery they found lacking, I think that's legit (e.g. I thought Tapping's portrayal of "alternate timeline Carter" was just dreadful: watch her face, which only seemed to have one obviously faux vapid expression) ... not that Grin bothered with actually telling us what he apparently disliked about Rothery's portrayal.

I found Teryl Rothery's performances to be quite adequate. Moreover, after having seen her interviewed, it is clear she is NOT simply portraying the role as she herself would be in Frasier's shoes. Ms. Rothery doesn't seem to be all that serious! I can't recall a single performance that left me wincing. The only other actor I can credit with that kind of quality control is Don S. Davis. Everyone else has had their "stinker" moments.

Comment

Hey folks,

I was really upset as I read in the internet about Doc Fraisers death. As I saw it on german tv, I was shocked. At first there was the fake-death of O'Neill and then there was this unworthy presentation of Fraisers death at the end of "Heros part 2".
                                And no one can tell me Teryl Rothery would leave the show, because she wears every time a shirt with an imprint of "www.savejanetfraiser.com"!

I can't understand why "Heros" is nominated for an Hugo Award for "best dramatical presentation".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X