Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyrs
    I also miss Dr. Frasier... she was a great character and should have never been killed off like that. I'm also curious what happened to Cassandra considering that Dr. Frasier adopted her. I think she'll end up even more messed up after the death of her mom.
    We know Cassandra turned out okay, she was in "1969," I think it was, as an elderly lady. I would like to see her in season nine.

I'd also like to see Janet in Season nine, probably altJanet, as I assume their hiring Michael's wife means the real Frasier is gone for good. There are some interesting possibilities for altJanet, her character could really expand.

Comment

I am now remembering some short line at the end of the episode where Frasier passes away, Carter says something like Cassie will be staying with Janet's sister(?), not sure I have the relative right.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I have to agree. I'm not a big fan of alternate universe stories, but I think that is the only way they could bring her back for an episode.

BTW there is a "Janet Fraiser Appreciation" thread floating around out there too.
        Ya I really hope they bring Janet back!!! TR as far as I've seen really cared about her character and she is also IMHO really the only who could say the 'medical stuff' right and can act like she has been saying it for years!

Btw I think this is the link for the "Janet Fraiser Appreciation Thread"
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6278

Comment

I think a fair chunk of SG-1 fans miss Frasier. She was an excellent character. The SGC wasn't quite the same after Frasier was gone.

Comment

Yes, please bring back Janet! She was the only Tau'ri character I ever really liked (sorry!), and I'd love to see her return even if only in an AU-type ep.

(But she's not *really* dead, she and Apophis are hiding out somewhere. A friend wrote that pairing and I absolutely fell for it. )

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
              it'll be very difficult for anyone to really take her place. Michael Shanks' wife, Lexa Doig, has her work cut out for her.......
              So she's the new "sassy" doc JM referred to in his Q/A thread?

Comment

Ugh, I remember when I first got hooked on SG-1.

Who was in that episode. Janet Frasier.

BRING HER BACK!!!

OT: Since all the timeline interference, that future with Casandra might not happen. Plus, she knows to much.....

OTT: Don't do an alternate universe!!! I hate them

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                  Great character, sexy actress, but don't cheapen the excellent death scene and episode around it with a cheesy deus ex machina return to the show.
                  I'll second that all that. Her death made for one of the show's most powerful moments. Death is final, and it was an important move by TPTB to remind us of that. If Frasier returns in anything other than a single episode alternate reality/time travel capacity, I'll be justly furious.

That said, Teryl Rothery has another "in" to return to the show: Heimdall!
                  Bring Heimdall back!
                  (Maybe I should start saveheimdall.com. )

Regarding Cassandra, Jack said in '1969' that she was 13, so by the time of 'Heroes' she could be 18.

a time to mourn

Comment

I hated that episode, the writers destroyed years of "Fraiser" canon, to bring her out into the field (for what, the 2nd time?, and the 1st in a massive firefight?) and they are so totally surrounded and she gets killed, is the only casulty, and they somehow manage to get the gate back? WTF?

That firefight should have resulted in a very bad outcome for the SGC (total loss, many casulties, Hammond command questioned) yet out of the x amount of teams\extra men, only 1, the Doctor dies?

They could have brought back the goauld from being the Sci-Fi equivalent of the WW2 home guard, into a badass fighting unit, all they have to say that they appear to be using tactics modified or taken from the taurii back during the debrief. Although they still have'nt mastered the art of close air support with their alkesh.

How great would it be if the Lexa hiring is just a cover for Teryl coming back. Just have a scene afterwards that said that the tape said Fraiser died, and then someone says that "insert random medic name" died on that mission. Along with Jack saying "Hammond would never send Fraiser into a firefight" or something.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                      I hated that episode, the writers destroyed years of "Fraiser" canon, to bring her out into the field (for what, the 2nd time?, and the 1st in a massive firefight?) and they are so totally surrounded and she gets killed, is the only casulty, and they somehow manage to get the gate back? WTF?
                      I am now thinking, at the time that was written, I think tptb thought that was going to be the last season. Note that in Threads or Moebius, (I forget which),
                      Spoiler:
                      they kill off Katherine and Jacob/Selmak
                      and I think at around then they thought maybe season eight might be the last season.

What is the mindset that says tidying things up for the end of the series means killing off characters?

In general, killing off a favorite character is a lame ploy for drama. They can do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        So she's the new "sassy" doc JM referred to in his Q/A thread?

Yes, she's the one. (I want to like her for MS's sake, but I can't imagine anyone fully taking Fraiser's place!)

Comment

I read a fan fic that had her brought back (it was a slasher with sam and janet, quite a good piece of writing actually) through the quantum mirror. She was different though, not a doctore but a soldier, similar to Sam, she'd had the experiences like Jolinar and all that stuff. I thought that was an awesome idea, have her come back but as a soldier, she'd make a fiery little addition to any team.
                          I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                            Yes, she's the one. (I want to like her for MS's sake, but I can't imagine anyone fully taking Fraiser's place!)
                            I agree with you there! Maybe the team won't take to her right away. Could be some interesting moments with them adjusting to her.

Comment

Interesting idea. It would be very cool to see.

I think the reason they killed her off though was because Terryl Rothery didn't want to do the show anymore, but i could be wrong on this.

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

I recall Teryl Rothery and Lexa Doig were at a convention with Shanks.
                                And they were just having a ball. They seemed to be a close nit group.
                                Lexa was also pregnant by then.

I think when Lexa comes on the show, she should try to be a original character.
                                I don't think she wants to replace Teryl Rothery's Doc Fraiser, but create a different one. I think it would be cool to see Dr Lam meet Doc Fraiser from a
                                different alternate universe. It would be great to see these two interact!!!
                                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X