No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! This are great pictures. I think I have to rent the DVD's and watch the whole show again.
    sigpic

Comment

Judging from their facial expressions, Janet & Sam must be reading fanfic.

Actually, Fraiser is removing the Isis symbiote from its canopic jar, in The Curse.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Teryl in Tulsa. This lovely candid was taken by TR fan extraordinaire Rocketchick, creator of SaveJanetFraiser.com & author of the fanfic masterpiece "Before Knowing Remembers." If you look closely, you'll see that Teryl is autographing one of Rocketchick's original artworks, this one derived from the "Clone Janet" website. Since TR has a big crush on Patrick Stewart*, I'm sure she enjoyed signing artwork that combined Picard and Fraiser.
        *—It's true; she claims not to have brushed her teeth for a fortnight after kissing him. ("He has very soft lips," she reported.)

Isn't that a heart-warming UltraBrite smile?

Comment

Haha, I've had alook around that Clone!Janet site and some of those pics are pretty damm funny

Comment

Originally Posted by Carterslave

Judging from their facial expressions, Janet & Sam must be reading fanfic.

But it must be bad fanfic?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
              It's Sam/Jack fanfic

Comment

Originally Posted by Agent_Dark

It's Sam/Jack fanfic

I have not read any Sam/Jack fanfic. Is this stuff bad like this expression tells us?
                sigpic

Comment

Just paying my homage to Dr. Teryl Frasier. I hated that she got killed off. SGC isn't the same without her.
                  Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
                  and Captain Jack Harkness
                  Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
                  Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
                  Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
                  I live here.....Calling All Australians?
                  My other home...Stargate Down Under
                  My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

I have not read any Sam/Jack fanfic. Is this stuff bad like this expression tells us?
                    rofl..

Like any pairing, there is some *great* fic out there for it. Really wonderfully written pieces. But since Sam/Jack can be described as one of the dominant ships on Stargate, there is alot of crap. And I mean crap :|
                    Sam/Janet on the other hand, is alot less popular and IMO seems to breed better writers.

Besides, Sam/Jack doesn't really do it for me and I like to take a few playful digs at it whenever I get the chance

Comment

Originally Posted by Agent_Dark

Sam/Janet on the other hand, is alot less popular and IMO seems to breed better writers.

I think thats right. I read a lot of stories on ralst.com or area52hkh.net and some of this... Wow!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's Sam/Jack fanfic
                        Like any pairing, there is some *great* fic out there for it. Really wonderfully written pieces. But since Sam/Jack can be described as one of the dominant ships on Stargate, there is a lot of crap. And I mean crap :|
                        Besides, Sam/Jack doesn't really do it for me and I like to take a few playful digs at it whenever I get the chance
                        Actually, I also had several craptacular Sam/Janet pieces in mind when I wrote that cutline. But, having read enough Sam/Jack fanfic to carpet Pegasus Galaxy, the dross-to-gold ratio is far worse for Sam/Jack than the *other* S/J. The latter fandom is dominated by a handful of very good authors. For instance, "Before Knowing Remembers" is a terrific sci-fi novella that happens to include same-sex romance. (Not that I have anything against some good PWP.) But the bottom of the Sam/Janet grading curve includes some ultra-squicky stuff. If you ever come across a story titled "Janet's Rite of Passage," RUN as fast as possible in the other direction. You'll thank me later.
                        One problem I have with Sam/Jack stories is that Carter is usually written as a passive wuss, waiting around for Jack to sweep her off her feet. (Rowan Darkstar is good about avoiding this, but she's an exception to the rule.) There's much more of a balance between the protagonists in the Sam/Janet stuff—also less dancing around the 'ship in the middle of the room, which is the near-inevitable corollary to almost all the Sam/Jack stuff I've read. (On average, the Sam/Jack PWP seems truer to the characters, IMO.)
                        Like Agent Dark, I've been burned out by too much mawkish S/J shmoop. Also, speaking as a recovering S/J shipper (the more I saw of it, the less I bought into it), I have as big—if not bigger—a problem with the ship fanatics than I do with S/J itself. Let's put it this way: if I had to answer Joe Mallozzi's mail, I'd be far less forbearant than he is. If I had a dollar for every "When will Sam & Jack get together?" e-mail ...
                        Rather than end on a negative note, how about some Sam/Janet UST from Upgrades. You don't have to be a SamJan shipper to note that, by this point in the series, Fraiser is (hopelessly?) in love with Carter.

Comment

You don't have to be a SamJan shipper to note that, by this point in the series, Fraiser is (hopelessly?) in love with Carter.
                          Great picture, gives you a lot to think of...

Like Agent Dark, I've been burned out by too much mawkish S/J shmoop.
                          Like in another thread I have to apologize for my lack of knowing of the english colloquial speech, so what do you mean with that?

Besides I have read both stories "Before Knowing Remembers" and "Janet's Rite of Passage" and it was a luck for me to run away from Janet`s Rite directly in the arms of "Before Knowing Remembers". You are right.

I have read some other good Sam/Janet fic like Ampersand, Darkspell, As One or Family.
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you have any good Sam/Janet friendship fic (and friendship only, I'm definitly NOT a S/Janet shipper ! ) to recommend ?

EDIT : I just saw that sky and olli gave some links on the Janet/sam friendship/ship thread, so forget my question
                            Last edited by Caro; 26 June 2005, 03:08 AM.

Comment

I don't know any, Caro, but if you look for good S/Jack fic, theres usually Janet as a good friend of Sams.

That warning was a little too late Carterslave. lol I already read 'Janets Rite of Passage' *headdesk* I had an 'OMFG'-Moment and then got drunk.

Comment

Like in another thread I have to apologize for my lack of knowing of the english colloquial speech, so what do you mean with that?

I have read some other good Sam/Janet fic like Ampersand, Darkspell, As One or Family.
                                I haven't seen any of those. Where did you find them? As for your question, what I meant was sweet, romantic stories (i.e., "shmoop") that are so icky-sweet & emotional that they could give you diabetes. In some of them, Janet is basically there to push Sam & Jack into each others' arms. (Insert eye-roll here.) Then there was one where S&J finally declare their famous "feelings" & start making out at Janet's old house ... which is wrong in so many ways. Into every fandom some bad fiction must fall, but Sam/Jack seems to have a disproportionate amount.

And now, in the interests of "thunk"-ing ...

Comment

Working...
                                X