No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did she leave the show? I always enjoyed her performances. She is truly a beautiful woman. I was so shocked by what happened in Heroes that I still don't except it and keep expecting her to show up every episode. Thankfully we have back to back Stargate SG-1 on Monday nights.

Wouldn't it be cool if she has ascended and can return in season nine?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mindgame

Why did she leave the show? I always enjoyed her performances. She is truly a beautiful woman. I was so shocked by what happened in Heroes that I still don't except it and keep expecting her to show up every episode. Thankfully we have back to back Stargate SG-1 on Monday nights.

Wouldn't it be cool if she has ascended and can return in season nine?
      All I know is that they thought season 7 were the last. They would have a dramatic climax and decided killing off the Doc would made it!

Heros was awfull and I hope Teryl Rothery will join the show again as Doc Fraiser or as an other character.

Originally Posted by Joe Malozzi

Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character.
      I heard that we will see this character in season 9 ep. "Convergence". Maybe it is our Doc?
      Last edited by Olli; 09 June 2005, 10:10 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I dont think Teryl should come back as a different character as it would completely ruin the effect of Heroes and it'd just ruin the memory of Janet I think seeing her as someone else. It' be nice to see Janet back in a flashback or Au episode though. Teryl truly is missed.

Luce xxx

Comment

I really Miss Janet too, and whats wrong with short girls i find them hott

p.s. enough with the slashs' people there werid and just plain creepy. thankfully i haven't seen any with guys cause that would just be

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman

p.s. enough with the slashs' people there werid and just plain creepy. thankfully i haven't seen any with guys cause that would just be
            Here's a picture of some AWSOME male slash (don't get TOO sweaty over this, okay?):

There, aren't you all a-tingle? I know I sure am.

Comment

Originally Posted by lucylou

I dont think Teryl should come back as a different character as it would completely ruin the effect of Heroes and it'd just ruin the memory of Janet I think seeing her as someone else. It' be nice to see Janet back in a flashback or Au episode though. Teryl truly is missed.
              The effect of Heros to me was that I was really upset about that stupid desicion, not more.

But I do not want ruin the memory of Teryl Rotherys character. If she do not come back to the show, what should I say? For me as an fan of old fashion from the first hour Stargate ends with season 7! There is still some fanfic I can read.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
                The effect of Heros to me was that I was really upset about that stupid desicion, not more.

But I do not want ruin the memory of Teryl Rotherys character. If she do not come back to the show, what should I say? For me as an fan of old fashion from the first hour Stargate ends with season 7! There is still some fanfic I can read.
                I totally understand. I was really upset too. Janet for me was an integral part of the show and it's so sad the character was sacrificed the way she was though i think it was a really great tribute to those that die for their Countries. I too find it hard to watch after season 7. It's just not the same!

Luce xxx

Comment

Fair enough you don't like slash and it's your opinion that it's weird and creepy but it's just a part of the fandom, it's not meant to be anything to creep anyone out or to be strange. People see chemistry in all different places that's all same as some people see some ships between couples and some don't. I don't think it's sick but hey you're entitled to an opinion. Kudos to you.

Comment

I adore Teryl Rothery and I loved her as Dr. Fraiser. Although I miss her in the role, what REALLY gets me angry, is her name has NOT even been mentioned since her death! Come on, get real! Sam was her friend, as well as a patient. They had their love for Cassie as a bond. Tptb should have had at least Sam mention Janet a few times......and Daniel too. Look at how hard she fought for his life in Meridian. She was more than their doc, she was a comrade and a friend.

(gets down off her soap box)

Comment

Originally Posted by Atteria

Tptb should have had at least Sam mention Janet a few times......and Daniel too. Look at how hard she fought for his life in Meridian. She was more than their doc, she was a comrade and a friend.
                      Right! Absolutly!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Haha, Sam is so totally checking out Janet from behind in that pic
                        Yer darn tootin', A.D. There's another hallway scene in that episode ("Family") where everybody is listening to Teal'c ... except Janet, who's busy giving Sam the once-over. Earth to Janet ...
                        If someone can't spell, punctuate or capitalize correctly, should we take them seriously?
                        As for slash, any show that features what are essentially pregnant men (the Jaffa & their symbiote pouches) or a male god slinking around in a woman's body (Osiris) is just ripe for all kinds of sexual interpretation, IMO. Thankfully, neither Teryl Rothery nor Amanda Tapping regard their slasher fans as "werid [sic] and just plain creepy." Instead, they've given them a number of shout-outs. And if TR returns to show the show, however briefly, the SamJan shippers will have played a big role in helping to bring that about. Speaking of which ...
                        Surely I'm not the only one who's starting to think that it was awfully convenient that Fraiser's body was left behind on Planet Beelzebub in Heroes (not that I believe for a moment that Daniel would allow it, even if it meant he had to carry her back himself). I'm beginning to suspect that TPTB left themselves a teeny bit of a loophole there juuuuuuussst in case they ever wanted to bring Doc Fraiser back from the dead somehow. You know those Goa'uld & their sarcophagi ...
                        More Terylpix soon. I promise.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally Posted by Carterslave

Surely I'm not the only one who's starting to think that it was awfully convenient that Fraiser's body was left behind on Planet Beelzebub in Heroes (not that I believe for a moment that Daniel would allow it, even if it meant he had to carry her back himself). I'm beginning to suspect that TPTB left themselves a teeny bit of a loophole there juuuuuuussst in case they ever wanted to bring Doc Fraiser back from the dead somehow.
                          I hope you are right, but honestly, I think we may be will see her once again in "Convergence" and thats it, because Stargate-SG1 is now a half-complete new show and if there is a season 10 may be they make a complete new show and we will not see Carter, Teal'c or someone else from the first 7 or 8 seasons in the show again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Luce, you are so right that there's chemistry here:
                            http://img158.echo.cx/img158/9272/3x17061cq.jpg

That's one of the classic Sam & Janet scenes (Carter just means the world to Fraiser, which is one of the most emotionally affecting undercurrents of the series, IMO). You put those two in a scene & you've got instant chemistry, which doesn't hurt when you consider that they carry the bulk of the show's exposition. Sam & Janet are the proverbial spoonful of sugar that coaxes the medicine down.
                            Incidentally, a rival forum is conducting an online poll to determine the "Hottest Gal at the SGC." With 125+ votes tallied, the runaway leader in the polling is Janet. That's right, JANET!!! is being voted the leading Stargate hottie. Who'da thunk it?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

I woulda! Sam is stunning and so pretty but Janet's just got the lovliest eyes and smile and is just so adorable.

I loved the whole Sam and Janet friendship in Stargate. So much more could have been done with it than there actually was IMO. You could see how close they were. I was watching Lifeboat yesterday and [spoiler]when Sam came round in the Infirmary the worry was really clear in Janets voice and expression[spoiler/] it was just a wonderful facet to the show and is something that I really miss.

Luce xxx

Comment

I am anxious to see the episode "Ripple Effect" - that was formerly "Convergence" - and the following episodes and how they managed the return of a "much-loved, sorely-missed character". If it is really Janet... who knows?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X