• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tribune Magazine: POP RHETORIC: Sci-fi pride

http://media.www.mcgilltribune.com/m...-3582256.shtml

POP RHETORIC: Sci-fi pride

excerpt:

These days, it seems like a television series has to be seen as progressive and unconventional before it's considered worthwhile. If you want people to respect your taste in TV shows, you'd better include at least one about gay lifestyles .....People fly in Heroes, one of the most popular shows on TV, and that's easier to accept than a world where people live in space? Clearly the lack of realism is not what keeps sci-fi shunned by the real world. Bad writing or acting can't be the reason either, since Desperate Housewives manages to be popular while Battlestar and Stargate Atlantis, two of the highest rated TV shows by critics, are still seen by many as only worthy of the thick-rimmed glasses crowd who live in their mothers' basements.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

yeah but Battlestar isnt really THAT sci fi, i mean it brings a different focus.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      yeah but Battlestar isnt really THAT sci fi, i mean it brings a different focus.
      It started as SciFi, really quite cool space battles/ships etc. now me and my partner are trying to plan a weekend to sit down and watch all of it to deccide which one's have the stuff we want to keep and not the whole emo whining of, 'i love apollo, but im married to whatiisname wah wah wah'
      sumsit up with Tyrell 'i was once the master chief of the Daedalus fighter contingent, i was cool. now im a whiny bugger that beats up my wife cos i dont know what to do anynmore'!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        How is this article from the McGill Tribune at McGill University in Canada connected to TIME Magazine?

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

A mere typo,Morjana.

Prion : If the title change isn't right ,just hit the report button.

Decent article about the fandom ,and genre.

Cool !
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
          X