This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I watch next?

Okay, I have a small dilemma. I have a habit of downloading complete TV series, all seasons at once, or movies. after I've watched it, I delete it to make room for new one, or load old one again. but I'm starting to run out of ideas. Here's a list what I've watched this far:

Stargate SG-1 ( movies too )
    Stargate Atlantis
    Star Trek TNG ( inc. movies)
    Star trek Voyager
    Star Trek Deep Space 9
    Knight Rider
    Airwolf ( inc movie)
    TMNT-movies
    Critters 1, 2, 3, 4.. ( yes, I was that bored )
    Starship Troopers 1 and 2 ( you didn't know there is second one? neither did I.)
    Underground Army ( british sitcom, real classic, I recommend)
    Wing Commander : price of freedom
    AvP 1&2
    Predator 1&2
    Jurassic Park Trilogy
    Talespin

I have been debating if BattleStar Galactica would be worthy of watching. let the suggestions roll.
    "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
    Okay, I have a small dilemma. I have a habit of downloading complete TV series, all seasons at once, or movies. after I've watched it, I delete it to make room for new one, or load old one again. but I'm starting to run out of ideas. Here's a list what I've watched this far:

Stargate SG-1 ( movies too )
    Stargate Atlantis
    Star Trek TNG ( inc. movies)
    Star trek Voyager
    Star Trek Deep Space 9
    Knight Rider
    Airwolf ( inc movie)
    TMNT-movies
    Critters 1, 2, 3, 4.. ( yes, I was that bored )
    Starship Troopers 1 and 2 ( you didn't know there is second one? neither did I.)
    Underground Army ( british sitcom, real classic, I recommend)
    Wing Commander : price of freedom
    AvP 1&2
    Predator 1&2
    Jurassic Park Trilogy
    Talespin

I have been debating if BattleStar Galactica would be worthy of watching. let the suggestions roll.
    There's a Starship Troopers 3 as well...

How about Firefly?

Space: Above and Beyond; Alien Nation; Wild, Wild West (the TV series); Lost in Space; Sliders; Roswell; Sanctuary; The Outer Limits; NCIS; Medium; Life; Supernatural...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Heroes and the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. Also check out Firefly as was suggested above, along with its follow up movie Serenity.

Comment

Farscape with its motion picture quality special effects. Visually stunning.
        sigpic
        Sig by Toomi

Comment

I loved 'Alien Nation' great movie and series that was.

Hmmm, how about....

Early Edition, Seven Days, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, The Dead Zone, The Sentinal, Dead Like Me, Farscape, Quantum Leap, Eureka, The X-Files.

Comment

if you are specifically looking for things that are finished, the 4400 is really good and has 4 seasons to watch, andromeda is ok too, but i agree with all suggestions above

and sicne you have seen avp 1 and 2, and predator 1 and 2, why not watch all 4 alien movies, extended cut. all 4 put together probably have close to a full tv season length in hourage.

and terminator 1 and 2... and then sarah conner chronicles.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Babylon 5, without a doubt. The first season is kinda hard, but after that it blows you away.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Farscape
                Eureka
                Babylon 5
                Blackadder
                Battlestar Galactica (new)
                Monty Pythons flying circus

Comment

- Battlestar Galactica (new)
                  - Doctor Who (new)
                  - Farscape
                  - Firefly
                  - Lexx
                  - The Sopranos
                  - The X-Files
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Journeyman is good. You'd like it if you like all the shows that are coming out now that are 'drama with a sci-fi' element in them (aka first season of Heroes). It was cancelled at the end of its first season, but the S1 ending was very satisfactory! Gets better as it goes along too.

For those that recommended Battlestar Galactica, it's not finished, but it will be finished by April this year (2009). By April it will have 4 seasons and 1 four-hour miniseries, as well as 1 one-and-a-half hour TV movie to it. A bit later, a second TV movie will be released.

Sons of Anarchy has finished its first season (second season to start in Sep 09). It is a show about a biker gang that runs a town and tries to keep all the illegal operations (that they don't run) out of the town. Improves over the course of the first season and is something different to watch than the normal garbage.

A new show that has just come out and is only 8 episodes in (hence, not fitting your criteria, but worth a mention) is My Own Worst Enemy. I see it as a ripoff of Joss Whedon's new show "Dollhouse", but it may be the other way around. The Main Character lives two lives with two separate personalities (an agency controls which personality is in control at what time). One personality is a husband and father, but the other personality is a secret agent (with action and storylines a lot like Alias). But the personalities begin to switch at random, not under control of the agency! Very good show and builds depth as it progresses. The first episode is shot from the perspective of the 'father and husband' as he learns about the second personality (i.e. waking up in the middle of getting tortured). SPOILER
                    Spoiler:
                    In the first episode, we find out that the 'father' persona is actually the artificial personality created by the agency and that the secret agent one is his natural personality

Speaking of which, have you tried Alias. Its finished with 5 seasons. Incredibly complex storylines and the first couple of episodes will get you hooked with twists that you don't see coming! Definately worth checking out.

Joss Whedon's Buffy and Angel series. Buffy is seven seasons long, while Angel is five seasons long. Long reaching story-arcs and character development (in Buffy's case, some of the character development is over the entire course of the show, while some story-arcs exist throughout separate seasons). The final seasons of both shows are very good and thought provoking!

Dexter. It's not sci-fi, but honestly, it is probably one of the BEST shows that has hit the TV screens in recent years. According to me, it's best moments are as good as BSG's best moments (which, according to most that watch the show, are absolutely mindblowing), but Dexter is much more consistent that BSG in terms of quality. It is not finished, but there are 3 seasons by now, and each season wraps up its storylines by its respective finale. The show is about a Blood-Spatter Analyst (in other words, he attends a crime scene and looks at the bloody marks to work out what's happened), but he is in fact a serial killer himself! The show is almost entirely focused on Dexter, and throughout each episode you get to hear his thoughts about certain every-day events. Everybody that i have recommended this show to has said that it is now their favourite show!

I've written a bit, and other recommendations are True Blood (not finished) and Sanctuary (not finished) and movie wise, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later (sequel), Event Horizon, Jumper and a lot more that i can't think of at the moment

Cheers
                    Aussie

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
                      A new show that has just come out and is only 8 episodes in (hence, not fitting your criteria, but worth a mention) is My Own Worst Enemy. I see it as a ripoff of Joss Whedon's new show "Dollhouse", but it may be the other way around. The Main Character lives two lives with two separate personalities (an agency controls which personality is in control at what time). One personality is a husband and father, but the other personality is a secret agent (with action and storylines a lot like Alias). But the personalities begin to switch at random, not under control of the agency! Very good show and builds depth as it progresses. The first episode is shot from the perspective of the 'father and husband' as he learns about the second personality (i.e. waking up in the middle of getting tortured). SPOILER
                      Spoiler:
                      In the first episode, we find out that the 'father' persona is actually the artificial personality created by the agency and that the secret agent one is his natural personality

that sounds cool, i will check it out!
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Give Primeval a try. The premise seemed hokey to me but the presentation is brilliant.

I think the rest have been covered.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
                          Farscape with its motion picture quality special effects. Visually stunning.
                          I thought the VFX were pretty dodgy in Farscape tbh (I assume you meant visual effects, not special effects. Visual effects are computer generated images and such that are added in post. Special effects are physical effects like stunt explosions etc that are done during principal photography). Certainly not motion picture quality... Even the original Star Wars trilogy looks better and thats 30 years old.

Still a good show though, good stories.

Comment

I wrote that quite late.. ( or early) so I left few out, obviously.. Babylon 5, including the movies.. Aliens-movies ( Aliens 2 was my favourite out of all four), Black Adder has been seen too.. I'll give the BSG some deeper consideration, as well as 4400. I saw few episodes from TV but it didn't spark my interest back then. Firefly.. well, I saw some early episodes of it ages ago, and whole thing struck me as space western meets Indiana Jones and Chewbacca. Brisco County Jr was good too... Monty Python is bit too British for my liking. Heroes sounds interesting though. Sentinel.. I remember that show. gods, I feel old X-files? I dunno about that. but J.A.G. was good. Buffy is bit too.. trendy, and Alias, Angel etc are clones. Quantum Leap? ooh, the nostalgy.. that reminded me of show called Twilight Zone. bit like the Tales of the Crypt, but more adult. not a stellar show, but kept me interested. Then there's V - Visitors.. cheesy old sci-fi series..

Starship Troopers 3?! do I even want to know how bad is that..? the second was almost worse than bold and the beautiful marathon..

So..
                            -Heroes
                            -BSG
                            -J.A.G.
                            -Quantum Leap

hm, sadly it seems that there's no poll.. I would put one up with those options. anyway, thanks for the help. keep the suggestions coming or tell your opinion of these series, I would appreciate it a lot.
                            "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

If you're looking for something new consider fringe it only has ten episodes but they are on hulu.com for free and they are great
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X