X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Daedalus Variations - USA / Russia / UK / Chinese ships

Hi there,

Spoiler:

Knowing now that the Chinese also has their own Daedalus class ship, will that mean that there will be differences in their ships? With differences, I mean, different streams of research to make each nation's ships more different.

For instance, a Daedalus class ship-USA model, would have the same specs (Asgard weapons, shields, hyperdrive, etc), but a stronger emphasis on hull design for instance, whereas a Chinese Daedalus class ship would have a stronger emphasis on viral and hacking softwares?

Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Probably not. They'd be the same.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

yea i cant see any difference between american and chinese 304s.
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
        Hi there,

Spoiler:

Knowing now that the Chinese also has their own Daedalus class ship, will that mean that there will be differences in their ships? With differences, I mean, different streams of research to make each nation's ships more different.

For instance, a Daedalus class ship-USA model, would have the same specs (Asgard weapons, shields, hyperdrive, etc), but a stronger emphasis on hull design for instance, whereas a Chinese Daedalus class ship would have a stronger emphasis on viral and hacking softwares?

no. all of the 304s are made by the U.S. and the one given to the russians was in exchange for continued control of the gate and as for why they gave 1 to the chineese we can only speculate. the other nations currently lack the offworld resources to build anything other than the 302 which i believe is made entirely of earth found materials.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

how do u keep coming up with such good points?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
            how do u keep coming up with such good points?
            its a gift
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

*sarcastically* right.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                and as for why they gave 1 to the chineese we can only speculate.
                couldn't they have bought it?
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

well that makes sense. or they just threatened to reveal the gate. but doesnt the IOA fund and build the 304's right? an orbital beaming sattelite and the components being built all over the world would keeping the gate secret much easier. i mean, noone can find real alien components, after all, most alien parts can now be made by the oddy matter converter.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    but doesnt the IOA fund and build the 304's right?
                    I don't think so. When Woolsey was part of the IOA Caldwell told him that he doesn't answer to the IOA, only the Pentagon. I also remeber an episode in SG-1 in which Landry and SG-1 went to the Pentagon to negotiate for more funds for the SGC since most of the funds they were previously receiving were now going to the construction of 304s. Also, it says on them "United States Airforce" so I assume they are the ones who are building them with funding from the Pentagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                      I don't think so. When Woolsey was part of the IOA Caldwell told him that he doesn't answer to the IOA, only the Pentagon. I also remeber an episode in SG-1 in which Landry and SG-1 went to the Pentagon to negotiate for more funds for the SGC since most of the funds they were previously receiving were now going to the construction of 304s. Also, it says on them "United States Airforce" so I assume they are the ones who are building them with funding from the Pentagon.

...but was that before the IOA took such a heavy grip of control over both stargate command and Atlantis?

I would agree though or other nations vessels would have been produced by now.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                        couldn't they have bought it?

but no matter what if the U.S. ever gave any country a ship they would have to buy it but its a matter of why we would sell them one. i mean we wouldnt just give them a ship that cost billions of dollars to make.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

well, if they paid billions of dollars in return...? sell it for 10% more than it cost to build, and we have made quite a profit.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by IMDB
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

One piece of technology I would love the Chinese to spearhead is the "drone ships". Do you guys remember the episode of SG1 "The Other Side" where O'Neil and Teal'c used these computer simulators to fly drone ships into other enemy ships?

Wouldn't that be more cost effective then using F302?
                            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                              well, if they paid billions of dollars in return...? sell it for 10% more than it cost to build, and we have made quite a profit.
                              Thats a point if they sell for like 25% more sell one to each IOA nation and USA gains an extra ship after that its unecasary they can just use the 304 they have to colect suplies to build more probly off world then buy the super hard to build asgard parts lie beam wepons computer cores ect from the us as those are built by odesys matter converter

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                              X