This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xerxes (Prequel to 300) News/Discussion/Speculation

Frank Miller has penned the follow-ups to hit comic book adaptations 300 and Sin City.

The writer, whose new film The Spirit is in cinemas, revealed that the sequel to 300 is being "polished", while work on Sin City 2 is to begin before the second half of 2009.

He said: "The word I have heard is that we are going to get into production in April and I can't wait."

However, Miller was quick to dismiss reports linking Johnny Depp and Rose McGowan with the film, saying: "We haven't started casting."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...0-sequels.html

300. Sequel. Somewhere, a fanboy is bleeding from the eyes (how dare they make a sequel to such a perfect film) and ears (brain shorting out imagining thousands of spartans fighting it out)
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

How can you have a sequel to 300? LOL!

Comment

300 was an abomination that should be purged from all plastic, celluloid, and any other media anywhere in existence.

Sin City has to wait for a sequel to 300 to be done first? What the hell.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

A 300 sequel is as necessary as rectal surgery for a lazy eye; if it's gonna make someone money, it's gonna happen.
          I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

so what they going to name the sequel, 3000, 300,000

I say never make a sequels to a fantastic film that was 300 and if you do ban anyone for ever making a comedy version.

Comment

The only way that I'd be interested in a 300 sequel is if it was called "300 Zombies" and involved the Spartans suddenly undead (by a gypsy curse, of course) and feasting their way across Mesopotamia. Why? Because it is an absolutely ridiculous concept that is so terrible, it would have no choice but to be awesome.
              I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

300 was an amazing movie IMO. But a sequel? I just don't know.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Zack Snyder on 300 2 - News about the sequel/prequel to 300

Zack Snyder had this to say about the sequel's possible plot.

"There's something that happens in history between Leonidas dying at the Hot Gates and Platea," Snyder explained of the possible plot, mentioning the events between the Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Plataea. "That's a year that's left out of the [original] movie. A lot happened."

On whether or not a follow-up movie will be developed, Snyder claimed, "Frank is definitely working on an idea. If Frank comes up with a great idea and draws something cool, there's no reason why we wouldn't make another movie." Asked further whether he would return to do another "300" film, he said, "If Frank does something great then yes. It's on him now."

"300" is a 2007 epic battle film that chronicles the story of King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans who fight to their death against Xerxes and his army

I don't see the need for a sequel. I suppose if Millar is writing, it will be good. I hope that Zack doesn't try anything like this with the Watchmen.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=6928

Comment

Not that much happened in that year....the Persian fleet got pretty much decimated off Salamis....then there was the battle of Plataea...a few small skirmishes but no major battles as both sides were trying to rally their troops for the battle at Plataea, can't really see what they would do....maybe they should do the battle of Marathon....as a prequel...but then that wouldn't have the Spartans...well not fighting anyways as they dragged their feet and turned up late allowing the Athenians to do all this fighting....

Comment

nothing can beat the first movie

i don't want a second movie
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

No me neither....wouldn't mind another movie in the same style....but there really isn't anything that can follow on from 300 apart from the battle of Plataea....but then it wouldn't be 300...the idea is the 300 died....not really room for a sequel there haha

Comment

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think a sequel isn't such a great idea.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Zack Snyder Updates the 300 Sequel

While doing promotion for the upcoming "Watchmen" and "300: Complete Experience" DVD and Blu-ray release, Zack Snyder spoke about the potential follow up to his 2007 Spartan Masterpiece.

"I know for a fact that Frank Miller is writing right now. He's drawing away and seems to be knee-deep in it. I think he's going to head back to Greece again and do another reconnaissance." Snyder states.

Zack Snyder does not expect much to change in the sequel from the first film in regards to the sequels production so the budget wont get out of hand "I think we would use the same technology... I don't want it to look too Star Wars-ian... Just from what Miller told me, it would be bigger as far as landscape and terrain."

Snyder goes on to say "We're going to see Athens and the Aegean and other places. There would be an opportunity for bigger visions, though I'd hope for the same aesthetic. The tech we used for '300' was not a revolution. It's basically what the weatherman has."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=8234

Comment

Hmmm, so they really may move forward with this?
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X