This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollywood remakes 'Back To The Future'

A Bollywood remake of Back To The Future is in the works, starring two of the industry's biggest stars.

According to Real Bollywood News, Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai will take on the lead roles in Action Replay.

The original Back To The Future starred Michael J. Fox as time-travelling teenager Marty McFly, who journeys back 30 years and accidentally attracts the attention of his high school-aged mother. Kumar will take on Fox's role and Rai the mother part, originally played by Leah Thompson.

Rai is well known to western audiences from 2005's Bride & Prejudice, while Kumar once dated Celebrity Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty.

In past years, Bollywood has produced films loosely based on Fight Club, The Godfather (Sarkar) and Pretty Woman (Chameli).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...he-future.html

No way! Why are people suddenly remaking everything?

But I'm excited to see this

Comment

ZOMG...Another shamless ripoff cheap rip-off!

Indians are so bloody cheap. They lack originality. Honestly, movie studios should really sue bollywood so it can be shutdown for good.

Comment

This is so sad, it is kind of funny.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh god I can't wait to see this! It will be so funny.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Oh god I can't wait to see this! It will be so funny.
            Personally, I think I'll pass.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Personally, I think I'll pass.
              Me too. Rai might be pretty as all get out but I think it stretches credibility for her to be playing a teen at this stage in her life. But then many Bollywood movies stretch credibility.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The 'High School' dance will be something to behold! Bollywood does create fantastic lavish dance pieces in its movies.

'Enchantment on the the shores of the Ganges Dance' ..... 'Marty' giving his all with his Sitar! I can see it now!

Comment

I am a huge BW fan so I would love to see this. I can totally see Akshay in what I foresee as a comedy. Aish I'm not so crazy about, but we'll see. BTTF with songs. can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                    ZOMG...Another shamless ripoff cheap rip-off!

Indians are so bloody cheap. They lack originality. Honestly, movie studios should really sue bollywood so it can be shutdown for good.

Have you ever seen an Indian film? If you had, the last thing you'd say is they lack originality.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                      Have you ever seen an Indian film? If you had, the last thing you'd say is they lack originality.
                      FYI yes I have. You are speaking to one just incase you didn't know! They have done countless rip-off. Hell I have seen a matrix rip-off and they do lack originality. Hell there is even a heroes rip-off.

Not to mention its the same old **** all over... boy meets girl, they can't be together cause of family dispute....

cheap stunts...cheap effects...cheap acting...lame script...no originality...shall I continue? and don't even talk about dhoom, that movie was lame! I honestly when I saw it i LAWL...

At least Hollywood credits the original author unlike bollywood which has no respect for copyright.

Bollywood rip-offs songs as well.

As russell peters goes...its in our bloody to be cheap. I honestly am cheap but not the way bollywood does it. I am cheap in buying things, not ideas.

See the below clip...Its not a parody but a rip-off! Wonder how "original" the scene is
                      http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XhGrA0KwkVg
                      Last edited by globex; 05 January 2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Please no
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vey View Post
                          No way! Why are people suddenly remaking everything?

But I'm excited to see this
                          "suddenly" thats funny.

Comment

Bollywood Michael Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RGHdNLHYe8

Comment

...will the Libyans get their own dance number?

Comment

Working...
                              X