Gould fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gould fleet

how many hataks and alkesh are in the total gould fleet.

maybe 1,000,000-2,000,000-5,000,000

or in the thousands

50,000-100,000-500,000
    what are your estimates.

Originally posted by ZPMLOVER View Post
    how many hataks and alkesh are in the total gould fleet.

maybe 1,000,000-2,000,000-5,000,000

or in the thousands

50,000-100,000-500,000
    what are your estimates.
    Five million...? Erm... nowhere near that level. It's in the hundreds.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i would say that there are hundreds of hataks not thousands and that they proboly have in the neighboorhood of 100 to 400 but by now that number would have decreased since the jaffa cant build ships as fast to replace the ones they lost because you need naquada and they cant use human slaves anymore to get it so they have to do it themselves which would take longer.

as for alkesh and smaller goauld ships i think there are proboly around 1000 to 1500 tel'taks and alkesh and proboly 1000 to 2000 gliders.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I'd personally say low 1000's as they are maintaining control, rather than taking it. If the Goa'uld had to fight a real war for their very survival say against the Wraith then that figure go up to Galactic Empire levels of 20odd thousand for war time production(They had 25-30 Thousand Star Destroyers with couple hundred larger vessels)

Comment

A couple hundred for each System Lord.

Not every Goauld got a hatak. Some worked under a system lord.

no more than 3000 total
          Visit my Website

Comment

a<mod snip>load of them. dominance of a chunk of the milkyway? sounds like a large area to me. for such omnipotent people, you would think they would hire an organizer or a secretary. even a manager. but no they want to oversee every little detail and sit on their golden chairs. no. unfortunately goauld dont have the ability to oversee very large projects on the galactic scale.

they can only work on local projects, like building a pyramid... and lots of other big stuff thats not so big. they couldnt even muster up enough ships to take earth.
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 01 January 2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

i recon there re probly about 10 alkesh and 10 teltak per ha'tak not on it just as a ratio and probly 100ish gliders per ha'tak

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Thats close to my assumption

6 Al'kesh
                12 Tel'tak
                120 Death Gliders

Low 1000's of Ha'taks normally but could be wacked up to 10,000s if against a threat like the Wraith or some major galactic power

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  Five million...? Erm... nowhere near that level. It's in the hundreds.
                  hundreds you got to be kidding me. no ofence. i found something on the net for stargate a couple of days ago. it stated that there were at least hundreds of thousands of ships. but in a general estimate i would say about roughly 10,000 hatak and the rest alkesh.
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

I think that the high hundreds is a reasonable guess for the Ha'taks. When we heard of the all powerful system lords like Anubis and Ba'al, who were by far the most powerful Goa'ulds with the most powerful fleets, they never had more than a hundred ships in one place. The only time that I can think of a huge number of Ha'taks in one place (like more than 30) is when the Replicators and Anubis' fleet engage each other over Dakara, and even then I'd be surprised if there were over 100 Ha'taks in that battle.

Anyway, there's no way that every Goa'uld controlled 100 Ha'taks. Not even every system lord would have had that many, only the most powerful. I know that a System Lord couldn't bring every Ha'tak in their fleet to battles, and that many would be tied up elsewhere, but still. We haven't seen any evidence of there being thousands of Ha'taks.

Not to mention the fact that we've seen literally hundreds of Ha'taks destroyed, we destroyed the fleets of many of the most powerful Goa'uld (much of Apophis' fleet, Anubis' invasion force, the countless amounts destroyed fighting the Replicators, the ones that Anubis destroyed). And then all of the other ones picked off by themselves or in small groups.

As for the other ships, I'd say that the ratios that people have been saying are pretty logical.

Comment

im just curious but are we discussing from when earth opened the gate or from when the gould first began building hatak and alkesh.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                        im just curious but are we discussing from when earth opened the gate or from when the gould first began building hatak and alkesh.
                        There's no way of knowing how many there were in the centuries predating Earth's Stargate programs.

All that we have is a rough guess based on what we saw over the course of the show's 10 seasons, which would point toward several hundred Ha'taks.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                          There's no way of knowing how many there were in the centuries predating Earth's Stargate programs.

All that we have is a rough guess based on what we saw over the course of the show's 10 seasons, which would point toward several hundred Ha'taks.
                          so were just talking about since we opened the gate.

Spoiler:

Comment

I would say around 1000 Hataks galaxy wide. In terms of Alkesh, its hard to say, a hatak can carry 3 as far as i can tell. So maybe 5000 galaxy wide. Cargo ships are rather common but i would still put a optimistic figure of 25,000 and death gliders, well a hatak can carry 24 so there may be, depending on how many a hatak can actually carry and those stored on the ground like in redemption i would say 50,000 gliders.

So i would say including every ship the goauld had, it numbered at max 100,000 with the vast majority of those ships being gliders and cargo ships and dropships and the like.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

I'd say a few thousand Ha'taks with most of them forced to defend outposts etc...Alkesh I'm not sure. They seem to be less numerous than Ha'taks, at least in combat but minor Goa'uld of which there were alot would probably use these so many a similar number to the Ha'tak.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X