PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis season 5 DVDs

Rakhal
December 31st, 2008, 06:46 AM
Anyone know when these will be available? Unfortunately due to Virgin hating Sky I'll never get the chance to see these episodes on TV so the DVDs are the only way to see them for me. Hence I'm stuck at the end of Season 4 of Atlantis.

So I'd really really really like to be able to buy Season 5 of Atlantis :)

--Rakhal

DesertFox2020
December 31st, 2008, 08:16 AM
Well the season ends soon on Jan. 9th, so I'd expect the DVDs to be out during summer, hopefully sooner though.

Ilerya82
December 31st, 2008, 08:49 AM
I would imagine they would be out before Christmas - maybe for a summer 2009 release to hype up SG:U?

Try searching it out on Amazon- you can sign up for an alert when the product becomes available :D

Browncoat1984
December 31st, 2008, 08:53 AM
Its hard to tell. Atlantis DVD releases have been so unpredictable it isn't funny. Season 3 if I remember correctly was released almost an entire year after the season ended, while season 4 was released just a couple of months after the end of the season. I would think that with this being the final season that they would put these out sooner rather than later...maybe sometime between late April to mid June? Probably just before Universe airs.

Randy_Watson
December 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM
I would guess on a fairly quick release as well. They probably want to sell as many as possible before double dipping with the complete series set before Christmas 09.

FN-P90
December 31st, 2008, 10:02 PM
I would put my money on the week of SGU's debut

Major lee adama
January 1st, 2009, 06:55 AM
looking forward to them being on netflix

Billz
January 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Put the season on Xbox Live Marketplace and I will be happy.
(In the UK, theres a TV Shows section on Xbox Live that hasn't been used since movie downloads through XBL were introduced. Would be awesome to see Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis appearing on Xbox Live since Netflix isn't avaliable on XBL in the UK)

Tal
January 3rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
Sign up to be notified when Season 5 is available to order http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=stargate_atlantis-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B001990LNW (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001990LNW?ie=UTF8&tag=stargate_atlantis-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001990LNW)

HirogenGater
January 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
I will only purcahse this in blu ray, it's gotta come out in blu ray right?

Tal
January 3rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
I guess it will come out on blu-ray eventually, other the other seasons out on blu ray yet?

HirogenGater
January 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I guess it will come out on blu-ray eventually, other the other seasons out on blu ray yet?

Nothing yet...I think this will be released on blu ray since it hasn't even come out yet on standard DVD. I am betting that blu ray and standars will be released at the same time.

Tal
January 3rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
I might consider buying a boxset of Atlantis seasons 1-5 on blu-ray if they add extra features and if it's cheap enough, but I can't afford to double-dip otherwise, too busy spending money on attending conventions!

Atlantis1
January 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Sign up to be notified when Season 5 is available to order http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=stargate_atlantis-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B001990LNW (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001990LNW?ie=UTF8&tag=stargate_atlantis-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001990LNW)

This is what I did.

Angela V
January 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I'm hoping for sooner. I like getting the show on DVD since I have to rely on whenever a local station decides to air a season. Don't think season 4 has even aired locally yet but did get season 4 recently right before Christmas for dirt cheap at just under $14.00 Canadian. My BIL borrows my DVDs because he's waiting for BluRay releases to buy.

Tal
January 7th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I think Australia has just started airing season 4 - or maybe they haven't started yet so I can totally relate to that, I wish there was a legal way to keep up to date with the aired episodes! I am very much looking forward to buying the DVDs, though sad at the same time *sigh* coming to the end of something I enjoy so much is kinda depressing.

Platschu
January 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I've bought the first three season, but I hope they will release a complete Atlantis box (season 1-5) too. ;)

I would be so happy if I could see extended episodes on DVD. But it won't happen. :o

Automission
January 8th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I'd hate for season Five to be released on DVD, then a full five season box set comes out on Blu Ray. Can't afford to buy them and try to sell my DVD's! It's more annoying, as a full season box set won't be out for even longer, surely?