Gou'ald Fools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'ald Fools

We all know that the Ancients and Asgard we part of a really powerful alliance, right?

So if the Gou'ald are scared to s**t of the Asgard, why not the Ancients?

The Ancients were just as powerful as the Asgard, if not, more. So why are they afraid of the Asgard but not the Ancients?

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Phoenix786 View Post
    We all know that the Ancients and Asgard we part of a really powerful alliance, right?

So if the Gou'ald are scared to s**t of the Asgard, why not the Ancients?

The Ancients were just as powerful as the Asgard, if not, more. So why are they afraid of the Asgard but not the Ancients?
    They never met the Ancients, at least as a civilization. Why would anyone be scared of a dead civilization?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

There were no ancients to be afraid of, Anubis was pretty scared when he thought we got our hands on Ancient technology...and when the drones ripped his fleet to shreds.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Over 10,000 years ago the Ancients came across the Gou'ald who repeatedly attacked them. I'm very sure this happened but I can't seem to remember when it was mentioned.

Spoiler:

Comment

Over 10,000 years ago the Ancients came across the Gou'ald who repeatedly attacked them. I'm very sure this happened but I can't seem to remember when it was mentioned.
          No, I'm pretty sure that you are wrong. To my knowledge, the only time that the Goa'uld and Ancients would have come into contact with one another is when the Lanteans returned after abandoning Atlantis. However, those Ancients were small in number and had no ships. Not exactly a real threat.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Not in canon as far as I can remember.

By the time that the Goa'uld were in full swing with their galactic domination plans, the Ancients had all but gone from the galaxy. They had either ascended or died off. The Goa'uld were afraid of Kheb and by extension Oma--well, all but Apophis, it seems--but that's pretty much the extent of their fear of the Ancients, from what I can remember seeing.

Comment

Guess I was wrong, my bad! But thanks for clearing that up folks.

Spoiler:

Comment

well, wasn't it said somewhere that the ancients were the one making the goauld what they are?
                (i to do not now where i heard that and i will not watch over 100 episodes of stargate again (even if it would be fun) to get that comment)

greetings LAX
                ps: with the ancients having ring platforms (how would o'neill know to modify one to burn through ice if he had no knowledge of them?), i would guess the snakes stole their first technological stuff from the ancients (maybe the old, phased out stuff that was no longer relevant to them)

Comment

The Goa'uld would have been fearful of the threat of the Ancients but upon arriving back from PG they decided to seek ascension and live their lifes in peace etc.

The Ancients (either before or after) would have known about the Goa'uld problem. This is shown by the fact that in the ''Fifth Race'' the repository was sensitive to the presence of Teal'c's ''junior''
                  Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

well the goauld basically stole the ancients tech. so no reason to be afraid of them. the asgard were a very live threat and they could basically clean a planet in a minute

Comment

As others have said the Ancients were small in number compared to the Goauld, they were probably not a galactic wide presence.
                      It's possible that not all Goauld knew about the Ancients apart from the fact of the Stargates and DHD being present on many worlds in the Milly Way and some race having the ability to make them.

It's my personal belief and I think a few others have expressed these same beliefs that some Ancient who were unaffected by the Plague remained in the Milky Way when the Lantians traveled to Pegasus, as time went on they eventually forged their alliance with the Nox, Furlings and Asgard which I think at least has some minor evidence with the Asgard civilization being only 100,000 years old
                      Spoiler:
                      as was explained in The Lost Tribe.

There has also been no mention of the alliance helping the Lantians fight the Wraith in the Pegasus galaxy which if they were allies they would have done.

The alliance probably predated the Goauld's existence in the Milky Way by several thousand years and the Ancients remaining in our galaxy were most likely ascended or died out when the Goauld became a presence here.

I doubt the Lantians even knew some of their people could have remained in our galaxy for the most of the length of time they stayed in Pegasus.

Hopefully that all makes sense.
                      Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 26 January 2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

You may have got that from Stargate Wiki.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was never said on the show Mclean, Stargate Wiki is probably wrong about that if that's where Phoenix786 got the info.
                          Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 26 January 2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                            The Ancients (either before or after) would have known about the Goa'uld problem. This is shown by the fact that in the ''Fifth Race'' the repository was sensitive to the presence of Teal'c's ''junior''
                            It may have been because of junior. But that was an assumption on the part of the team. With what we've learnt since then it could just be because Teal'c lacks the ATA gene. It may not of worked for Daniel or Sam either.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                              It may have been because of junior. But that was an assumption on the part of the team. With what we've learnt since then it could just be because Teal'c lacks the ATA gene. It may not of worked for Daniel or Sam either.
                              That's what I thought for a while after learning of the ATA gene until
                              (Spoilers for season 10 of SG-1)
                              Spoiler:
                              The Quest, when Daniel used a similar device left by Merlin
                              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Working...
                              X