• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - - Hot Cuppa TV - POLL: Departing TV Shows in 2009

(NOTE: Kate O'Hare writes for Zap2It.)

At Kate O'Hare's Hot Cuppa TV:

Hot Cuppa Polls: Returning, New and Gone in 2009

With the New Year nearly upon us, I thought I'd take the temperature of the crowd regarding some returning, new and departing shows. Cuppers have surprised me in these polls so far; I suspect they will again. Vote! (All polls should be multiple choice)

Which of these departed (or soon departing) scripted shows will you miss most?

Pushing Daisies (ABC)
    Eli Stone (ABC)
    Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)
    Boston Legal (ABC)
    Do Not Disturb (Fox)
    Easy Money (The CW)
    The Ex List (CBS)
    In Harm's Way (The CW)
    My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
    The Shield (FX)
    Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi Channel)
    Valentine (The CW)
    Other:

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    (NOTE: Kate O'Hare writes for Zap2It.)

At Kate O'Hare's Hot Cuppa TV:

Hot Cuppa Polls: Returning, New and Gone in 2009

With the New Year nearly upon us, I thought I'd take the temperature of the crowd regarding some returning, new and departing shows. Cuppers have surprised me in these polls so far; I suspect they will again. Vote! (All polls should be multiple choice)

Which of these departed (or soon departing) scripted shows will you miss most?

Pushing Daisies (ABC)
    Eli Stone (ABC)
    Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)
    Boston Legal (ABC)
    Do Not Disturb (Fox)
    Easy Money (The CW)
    The Ex List (CBS)
    In Harm's Way (The CW)
    My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
    The Shield (FX)
    Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi Channel)
    Valentine (The CW)
    Other:
    Poll results are in:

http://blog.zap2it.com/kate_ohare/20...uppa-poll.html

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Hot Cuppa Poll Results: TV in 2009

Today's cuppa: Darjeeling tea

Back on Dec. 29, I put up three polls to track the attitudes of Cuppers as we move into 2009. Well, we're here, and some of your results, as always, are interesting.

The first poll asked about scripted shows returning to the schedule, and just as noteworthy as the shows you're apparently looking forward to are the ones getting a big meh from the voters.

The top most anticipated show is Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica," with 17.31 percent of the vote. I've seen the first new episode of the final season, and I have to say, your anticipation is warranted.

**snippage**

In the "Other" category voters penciled in "Sanctuary" and "Bones," neither of which qualified for inclusion in the poll because they began their seasons back in the fall. Shows in this category were those launching AFTER the New Year. Also in the "Other" was "Stargate Atlantis," not included because it began its season last summer and airs straight through into this month. It did, though, make it into another category -- more on that below.

**snippage**

The last poll dealt with scripted shows that had departed or would be departing soon. Most to be missed, with 67.27 percent of the vote, is Sci Fi Channel's "Stargate Atlantis."

But, since hearing that the always fabulous Robert Carlyle ("24: Redemption") has been hired for the next "Stargate" series, "Stargate Universe," feeling a bit better about the future of this durable franchise.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Atlantis? Really? Yeah it was probably cancelled before it should have been, but come on, it can't even hold a candle to The Shield.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Atlantis? Really? Yeah it was probably cancelled before it should have been, but come on, it can't even hold a candle to The Shield.
        Yes, but this is not a forum for The Shield, but for all things Stargate.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I did like Eli Stone but it was really a one season show the way they ended it last season.
          Last edited by Lord batchi ball; 08 January 2009, 09:36 PM. Reason: incomplete thought

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Yes, but this is not a forum for The Shield, but for all things Stargate.
            Not particularly relevant, given that the site cited isn't Gateworld.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Not particularly relevant, given that the site cited isn't Gateworld.
              No, I meant this site -- GateWorld Forum -- the site you're on -- is about all things Stargate. It's not about The Shield.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X