|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

oo very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Earthsea. If it's not very good at least I get to see the cutie Shawn Ashmore

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

I've known this for some time, my friend asked her at the convention and she told us. She said she had a small role.

Comment

Excellent news! I really like Tapping as an actor, and Earthsea is one of the things that I've been looking forwards to for months now.
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Yes, I am highly looking forward to Earthsea. They have some great actors all around.

Kristin Kreuk from Smallville
          Amanda Tapping from Stargate SG:1
          Danny Glover from lots of things such as the Lethal Weapon series.

And the guy who plays Iceman in X-Men 2. Don't remember his name right now...

Can't wait for this show!

Comment

Plus the story, which is outstanding.
            A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Did anyone know this? Cuz I didn't until a few days ago and I think that's awesome!

Though she is playing Elfarren so it's a very small bit but still.
              "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

Comment

I thought everyone knew

Comment

Amanda Tapping's part is basically a cameo apperance.
                  Rocky

Comment

What's Earthsea??!!
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Well I just found out like...a few days ago. lol. I think that's cool.

Earthsea is a book series by Ursula K. LeGuin much like LotR and Harry Potter. It has magic and stuff.

Anyway Sci-Fi Channel is releasing a mini-series based on the first 2 books (There are 4) starring Shawn Ashmore(X-men), Kristin Kruek(Smallville)< Danny Glover, and Isabella Rosellalini(SP?).

Go to www.scifi.com/earthsea if you wanna know more about it!
                      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

Comment

Originally posted by Animalian
                        Shawn Ashmore(X-men),
                        Thats where I've seen him before! I knew the name was familiar. I don't know how i could forget...i've seen x-men so many times
                        ~Athena

Comment

lol. He was also on Animorphs. Great stuff. Great actor too! (And very cute! lol)

Comment

Beware though. There are SOOO many people like...complaining about this series because the makers of changed a lot of things in the story. Mainly the names of some stuff. And the appearance of the actors don't match the description of some of the characters.

I've seen the complaints, omg there are SO many!

The only thing that really miffs me about this mini-series is that the author, Ursula K. LeGuin, had no part in this except when they got the rights. Besides that she was never any part of the making of it or anything so now I'm kinda nervous about this because usually the author has SOME type of part in the production no matter how small.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalian
                              Besides that she was never any part of the making of it or anything so now I'm kinda nervous about this because usually the author has SOME type of part in the production no matter how small.
                              Actually, my understanding is that it is quite rare for authors to have any part in television or movie productions of novels. Producers/directors/etc... understand that to bring a novel or novels to the screen they will inevitably have to cut large story elements, combine characters, or change other things simply to make a movie viable for the medium.

Authors rarely take that sort of thing well, and as a general rule aren't involved in a process unless they are a heavy weight (the likes of Steven King), or have negociated their movie rights to force their involvement (a rare thing).
                              Last edited by Major Fischer; 25 November 2004, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X