Naquadah generator output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah generator output

Hi I'm ZPMLOVER I created the ZPM power output thread. I would like to do the same thing with this thread. To Recap.

This new thread is going to try to figure out the output of the mark 1 and the mark 2 naquadah reactors. Remember no talk, NUMBERS.

My Estimations.

The show stated that in stargate atlantis in Hide and Seek episode that the self destruct was a Naquadah generator will overloud, resulting in a 20 kiloton explosion which would take 30 seconds to detnate. We know for a fact that this was a mark 1, because the mark 2 was not invented till season 2 of atlantis when earth brought them to power the chair.

So the output could be 1 of 2 things.

1: 83,680,000,000,000

Now if it output 20 kilotons per second and then detnated the combined output it would be

2: 2,510,400,000,000,000

The mark 2 was able to output 600% more power, so I don't know if this is right.

1: 50,208,000,000,000,000

Then we do the thirty seconds.

2: 1,506,240,000,000,000,000

But I have seen the over load for the mark 2 last 2 minutes but that's the seen of them in what ever room there in. NOt them carrying it through the halls. so estimating time from key episodes ( one of wich is avitar), going through multiple levels is 5-10 minutes. so the new outputs are.

for 2 minutes: 6,024,960,000,000,000,000
    for 5 minutes: 15,062,400,000,000,000,000
    for 10 minutes: 30,124,800,000,000,000,000

I think I have heard or seen somewhere that the naquadah generators do not have much naquadah in them. so maybe an ounce of naquadah to a kilogram. If anyone has seen the naquadah fuel cell in the jaffa staff weapon it appears to be about two or four ounces. so whatever on this part.
    All of you can decide what outputs you think they are.

That's my calculations but for a fun guess completly based on everything not logical.
    mark 1: 6 yota - 60 yota
    mark 2: 10 yota - 100 yota
    Last edited by ZPMLOVER; 28 December 2008, 03:45 PM.

I obtained figures which might interest you, in the original thread:

Taboo question: What naqahdah and naqahdria are exactly?
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

This does reley intrest me thanks!

Comment

I like their calculations.

Comment

a deadalus outputs roughly 1 trillion kilojoules.

Comment

mk I would be about 1 or 2 MW.

I apologize for the hasty calculation in my head. Here is an actual calculation which is very generous in terms mk I output.
            The energy output of a 20 kiloton explosion is 8.4 x 10 13th Joules

Assuming a MK I at nominal full power can go a month without refueling (it can go longer than this) and it can actually consume 20% of the naquada that is fissionable for power consumption.

Peak power output =0.2 x 8.4 x 10 13th x [60 x 60 x 24 x 30]-1
            = 6.5 x 10 6th Joules/sec or ~6 MW
            Last edited by morrismike; 29 December 2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

1 Trillion Kilojoules-Doesn't the Beliskner have an output of 4 Billion KJ's????????????? I would asume since we cant fully power our ships shields unless we have a ZedPM that one of the two figures is incorrect

Comment

A standard 304 would most likely have a max steady state power output of 1000 MW. With buffers and other plot devices maybe just maybe the instantaneous output could be 10-100x higher. Joules are a measure of energy not power.

Comment

I'm sorry but I think all of those figures are way to low. They need a lot more power. the deadalus probally outputs past the yota range.

Comment

uh uh. 1 trillion joules is ALOT. or better said: it produces 1/4th of an asgard ship.

deadalus: 18 days to pegasus
                    asgard ship: 4 days

18/4= roughly 4[for sake of simplicity]
                    so a deadalus has 1/4th of an asgard ship. i find 1 trillion joules like nothing, but hey

4.184x10^12=1kt

1x10^12 is then 1/4th of a KILOTON. then, a beliskner produces 1 KT. if its per second, you need to wait [a goauld cannon is 200mt] 200000 seconds to fire ONCE.=55 minutes! an hour to fire ONCE!

which is absolutely nothing. if this is per millisecond, which is much more acceptable: it produces 1000KT per second, which is 1 MT. then you need to wait 200 seconds=3 minutes and 20 seconds just to fire ONCE.

which makes me believe there is sth seriously wrong with that figure.

some 10^18 joules per second becomes much more acceptable [1 GT per second]

thats 1 quintillion joules per second which means you can fire wraith level of weapons. which still makes the thing weak.

but lets say 1 quintillion J/S is the figure.[1 trillion joules per microsecond]

a deadalus has 1/4th of that, so 250 Quadrillion joules per second, or 250x10^15

Comment

The asgard reactors output stated in the show is most likely some bs the writers made to sound cool. Realisticly, the hiroshima nuke outputed more than 1 terajoule and gould motherships can fire far more powerfull blast at atleast 1 per second. adding power needed by shields and other systems, a hataks theoretical power consumtion is far bigger that the stated output of a beliskener.

The output of the naquada reactors seems appropriate for what they can power with it, although i would think the deadalus uses something.....bigger than a small portable reactor, for power, especialy considering that carter said they'd need naquadria power levels for hyperspace travel.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        mk I would be about 1 or 2 MW.

I apologize for the hasty calculation in my head. Here is an actual calculation which is very generous in terms mk I output.
                        The energy output of a 20 kiloton explosion is 8.4 x 10 13th Joules

Assuming a MK I at nominal full power can go a month without refueling (it can go longer than this) and it can actually consume 20% of the naquada that is fissionable for power consumption.

Peak power output =0.2 x 8.4 x 10 13th x [60 x 60 x 24 x 30]-1
                        = 6.5 x 10 6th Joules/sec or ~6 MW
                        Although I agree that fission is acceptable, what is the evidence behind the assumption that a Mark I can run at full power for even a month?
                        A fresh Mk II, being just a Mk I with a greater output (6 times greater), was depleted within minutes, so obviously there's something different you're basing your assumption on, or it is an error.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        A standard 304 would most likely have a max steady state power output of 1000 MW. With buffers and other plot devices maybe just maybe the instantaneous output could be 10-100x higher. Joules are a measure of energy not power.
                        What is the evidence behind the max power output of 1 TW?

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                        1 Trillion Kilojoules-Doesn't the Beliskner have an output of 4 Billion KJ's????????????? I would asume since we cant fully power our ships shields unless we have a ZedPM that one of the two figures is incorrect
                        The figure is meaningless since Thor uses joules and not watts. He does not mention time either.
                        People would assume the Asgards use seconds, but their basic smallest and most used time unit could be anything between several seconds and fractions of a second.
                        It could be called a "ruujknar", which I could claim would be worth 3.184e-4 seconds, with the suffix "nun" being a decrease of three orders of magnitude.
                        Well, hoping you get the gist of this, there's no use in this figure for power output until we're given an idea about the time period. It's a mistake to formulate a power figure with an unit that does not include time in its definition.
                        Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 30 December 2008, 06:55 AM.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Gotcha

Comment

gould cannons are in the range of a daisy cutter (a few tons) not megaton range regardless of what's been said by the writers

Comment

Mr O
                              Greater power would also result in lesser utilitization of fissile material. All a MKII does is operate at a much higher net fuel reactivity (probably doesn't use burnable poisons to limit the natural reactivity of fuel) which probably makes it difficult to maintain itself once the "edge' is used up. Take that same MKII increase the volume of fuel 200% to allow for burnable poisons and it may go for a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X