A request for your help with “Vegas” transcript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A request for your help with “Vegas” transcript

I’ve seen Vegas and hope to see EATG shortly. This means I can get started on the transcripts earlier than usual and have them ready to post once I’ve checked them against the final broadcast versions.

Spoiler:
    However, I have to confess to never having seen a full episode of any of the CSIs (I’m more an NCIS girl!), and therefore some of the subtle nuances of the similarities between Vegas and CSI will have completely passed me by. I also understand from early spoilers that a couple of members of the cast of The Sopranos make an appearance – again, I’ve never seen that show and it may (or may not!) be relevant to include references to them in the transcript.

So I could do with someone who has seen Vegas to look through the transcript once it’s done and make comments and/or additions that will make it more relevant to viewers of the show(s) which Vegas mimics if necessary. It may not be necessary to add additional comments or references, but I would really appreciate a regular viewer of the other show looking the transcript over anyway.

I should be able to start on the transcript on Sunday or Monday and have it finished hopefully by Tuesday at the latest. If you would be willing to look over the transcript and let me have your comments, could you send me a Private Message with your email address and I will send you the transcript once it’s ready. I can supply the document in Word or in Text form or – if that’s not convenient – I can post it to a website of mine and send you the link so that you can read it there. Let me know your preference when you contact me.

Any offers of assistance will be appreciated and I’ll credit you in the final transcript. If lots of people volunteer, I may have to pick a couple at random if there are too many to handle!

Many thanks for any help.

Callie

Well, speaking as an unwilling watcher of CSI, I can tell you, with some confidence...

Spoiler:

That there are no particularly specific references to the show found in this episode. There are some general stylistic touches, like the musical montages, the flyby shot of the city, the rapid editing, etc. But there really aren't any direct or obvious references you've missed.
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I agree with what the previous poster said. The CSI reference is mostly the music, flashes, but not so much the conversations, from what I remember of my only watch of the episode, yesterday late afternoon.

Perhaps it's the same for the Soprano's, but I don't know.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
      X