Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odyssey secret mission!? (Spoilers for Enemy at the Gate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey secret mission!? (Spoilers for Enemy at the Gate)

as stated in the last episode of atlantis (which i must say was mamazing!)
    Spoiler:
    it is stanted that the odyssey is on a secret mission that even caldwell isnt supposed to know about, now i assume that this will be the basis of the 3rd stargate film but what on earth (or the rest of the universe) could they be doing? i mean everyone is dead or defeated...

though its also crossed my mind that now atlantis is floating next tot he golded gate bridge they could make a film thats the disclosure of the program... throw in an alien attack as well to spoce it up. lol.

but the main bit we NEED to see again has got to be the ''wormhole drive'' that they used... we would be unstoppable!

discuss!
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 December 2008, 08:43 AM.

ahem i quote.

"Takes lots of power"
    "we need extremely precise calculations"
    "the city could be instantly vapourised"
    "dangerous"

Comment

please ensure that this discussion is carried out in spoiler tags even though the words Spoiler is in the title. Please also confine your discussion to the Sip you have as the Topic
      Since this is an unsanctioned release of the episodes we have limited the discussion to one thread over in the SGA S5 Folder. Since this is a very focused discussion it will remain in Sci & Tech unless it begins to overflow into a full out episode discussion, at which time it will be removed until the episode airs.

Thank You
      TameFarrar
      GateWorld Moderator
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

My guess is that this secret mission will lead into Stargate Universe.
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          My guess is it was a convenient plot device to make sure Earth was "defenseless" for when the Wraith arrived, and to as not endanger the almighty-ness that is the Odyssey... No, actually, I'm sure that's what it was.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Just a sad execuse for not having the Oddy get its ass kicked.

Secret mission or no, it is the most powerful thing we have, and it should of been recalled. doesn't matter..

Go Green

Comment

but what if it was out of range?

Comment

Spoiler:
                The Oddessy has been secretly sent by the IOA but in actual fact are members of the Trust who hand the ship over to the Goa'uld that is Kinsey

Kinsey + Oddessy = The next Stargate Movie

Comment

I have yet to see the last episode of atlantis and will wait until it airs on sky 1.

I would like it to be the search for the furlings, after all the asgard core is far easier to search through than the ancient database. The Asgard would have known about the last known position of the furling race.

sigpic

Comment

well if anything the Atlantis film could make use of the Asgard, possibly resurrect the race and have them become one of our allies against the wraith. But they did seem a little ignorant. Ha, little evil gray men fighting big evil purple men
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      My guess is it was a convenient plot device to make sure Earth was "defenseless" for when the Wraith arrived, and to as not endanger the almighty-ness that is the Odyssey... No, actually, I'm sure that's what it was.
                      Spoiler:
                      Given how badly the ambush when for the Apollo and the Sun Tzu, the Odyssey's presence could not have made much of a difference.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Spoiler:
                        This sadly just another plot trick to keep us from asking.....well if the Oddy had a ZPM and the Wraith ship had a ZMP surly we could have done some damage......but that would have spolit the rest of the badly strung, plot hole ridden, rubbish which was....EATG....

Think of this like in SG1 when the Asgard high council told Earth that Thore was on a secret mission and therefore could not help Earth!
                        A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

It went to go meet the furlings.... but the trip will never be aired :-D
                          67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            The Odyssey's secret mission is to deliver doughnuts to the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Sites.
                            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Given how badly the ambush when for the Apollo and the Sun Tzu, the Odyssey's presence could not have made much of a difference.
                              Spoiler:
                              The Odyssey is a far-more formidable ship because of its ZPM. It could have made a huge difference.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X