This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckinsale: 'I'd love to be Catwoman'

Kate Beckinsale has revealed that she would love to play Catwoman in the upcoming The Dark Knight sequel.

The Underworld actress told MTV that portraying the Batman villain "would be awesome" because she is still shocked when producers consider her for an action film role.

"I'd love to do that," she admitted. "One of the things I've done wrong with my career is not have a massive game plan for it. I enjoy being surprised.

"I was very surprised to ever find myself even considered for an action movie. I'm like the literary, academic geek who's not very good at sports, so it was amazingly shocking that anyone would ever do that. I like to be surprised."

Earlier in the month it was reported that The Mummy star Rachel Weisz was the frontrunner to nab the role.

Catwoman, who is often hailed as being Batman's one true love, was played by Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns and by Halle Berry in 2004 spinoff movie Catwoman.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-catwoman.html

Another one?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I'm not a fan of the character but, she'd do.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Kate Beckinsale in another tight leather outfit? Dear God, yes please.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman that could be interesting, if done right she could be good as the character.
          "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
            ^^ This.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
              Yeah, I could definitely live with that too.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Yeah, I could definitely live with that too.
                And even besides that, Beckinsale knows how to play the deranged yet amazingly seductive vigilante so well. She'd be perfect.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

She's a perfect choice, and I can't wait to see Whiteout.
                  I'm not sure about Weisz, though. She did good but limited action in The Mummy movies, but she wasn't even in the last one. More 'serious' movies, or somesuch. I have no doubt she could pull off the honest-to-goodness acting required for a Batman movie under Nowlan, what with the Oscar and all, but I don't know if she'd be interested in donning black leather and meowing. Now, if Catwoman's neurosis can be as fleshed [cough] out as Two Face's or the Joker's, then it'll be brilliant.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    And even besides that, Beckinsale knows how to play the deranged yet amazingly seductive vigilante so well. She'd be perfect.
                    Yeah, she does have the acting skills to totally pull off the role.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X