Dredd (2012) News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dredd (2012) News/Discussion/Spoilers

Rebellion and 2000 AD have announced that a new Judge Dredd movie is in development.

Together with DNA Films, the movie production company behind such films as Danny Boyle's Sunshine and 28 Weeks Later, Judge Dredd will go into production in 2009.

Jason Kingsley, CEO and Creative Director said, "We can't give away too many details at this point, but we're looking forward to working with DNA Films to bring Judge Dredd back to the big screen."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7928

Hmmm, that should be interesting. I'm guessing no Sylvester though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

after the stallone travesty (i will admit it is a watchable film if you have no idea about the JD comics) i'm looking forward to this, as they will not make the same mistakes again.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

sweet, finally some good british sci-fi to look forward to, its been a very long time coming!! about time Dredd had another chance in film!
        Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
        Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          after the stallone travesty (i will admit it is a watchable film if you have no idea about the JD comics) i'm looking forward to this, as they will not make the same mistakes again.
          Yeah, I actually thought the first film was decent. But, I had never read the comics before seeing it.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I AM THE LAW!!!!!!

That is the only good part of that movie

Comment

Wonder if Christian Bale has put himself forward for the role?

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
              I AM THE LAW!!!!!!

That is the only good part of that movie
              I always hear that line in Stallone's voice.

I had read a lot of Judge Dredd comics before going to see the film and it definitely did not do them Justice.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                Wonder if Christian Bale has put himself forward for the role?
                I think his plate is pretty full already, what with another Batman probably on the way, and a sequel to Terminator Salvation already announced. But, he would be good in it.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Hmmm, that should be interesting. I'm guessing no Sylvester though.
                  Why no Sylvester? I don't think he's doing much work right now... seems like he should play the part again?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I think his plate is pretty full already, what with another Batman probably on the way, and a sequel to Terminator Salvation already announced. But, he would be good in it.
                    Ahem. I was being ever so slightly facetious in my previous post. Bale seems to be in everything these days!

Yeah, he has got a lot on at the minute, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did put himself up for the role. I reckon he could just about pull it off, as he does have the jaw for a cowl and Dredd's open-face helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                      Ahem. I was being ever so slightly facetious in my previous post. Bale seems to be in everything these days!

Yeah, he has got a lot on at the minute, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did put himself up for the role. I reckon he could just about pull it off, as he does have the jaw for a cowl and Dredd's open-face helmet.
                      there would also be something almost poetic about a british man playing an american in an america based british comic....

i couldn't care less who plays him... afterall he shouldn't be taking his helmet of anyways!
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        there would also be something almost poetic about a british man playing an american in an america based british comic....

i couldn't care less who plays him... afterall he shouldn't be taking his helmet of anyways!
                        That really would be poetic justice.

It was actually all going well early into the film. The costume looked right, the bike was looking good, and his jaw square enough, but when the helmet came off, we all raised our arms in collective despair.

Comment

Well I actually enjoyed the first film, I shale probably enjoy this one.

I have never seen or read the comics through.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            Well I actually enjoyed the first film, I shale probably enjoy this one.

I have never seen or read the comics through.
                            You and I are in the same boat, my friend.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

A few of the concept art by comic artist Jock
                              Link: http://io9.com/photogallery/dreddd/
                              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Working...
                              X