Have you informations about these ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you informations about these ships

During the restatement of the facts about the lantean attack on Assura in Progeny (episode 305, SGA), we can see a lantean ship hovering above Niam and E. Weir. The ship concerned is at the up of the right side of this picture.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9...geny469vw6.jpg

On this picture, we can see that it is symetrical unlike the Aurora class.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3...geny467ok1.jpg

and we can suppose that the ship which is heading toward Niam and Elisabeth Weir in this picture

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9...geny469vw6.jpg

is of the same kind.

Have you more informations/pictures about this kind of ship?

its the same as the asuran destroyer/cruiser, although not as detailled

Comment

The Aouroa class warship and the asurans class cruiser i thing

Comment

Hum, I don't think so.

Here is a picture of an assuran cruiser in Lifeline (402, SGA) :

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6...e5f0643ke9.jpg

It's not exactly of the same fashion than the ships we can see in Progeny.

On an other side, this cruiser is of the same architecture than the assuran gunship seen in This Mortal Coil (410, SGA) :

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4...oil0912mk9.jpg

Comment

It's exactly the same. Gunship=cruiser. And the Asurans only use Ancient designs so Cruiser=Anceint cruser

Comment

It's exactly the same. Gunship=cruiser. And the Asurans only use Ancient designs so Cruiser=Anceint cruser
            Not at all. Here a rear view of an assuran gunship :

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/158...urprofilf7.jpg

At this adress, you can have the dimensions of an assuran gunship :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...27438&page=115

The assuran cruiser of Lifeline (402, SGA) has the same order of dimension as the Apollo.

Comment

Be careful, people often mistake the bow of the cruiser for its stern, but the two classes present at Asuras were those ships, the Auroa-class and those cloaking cruisers. Just less detailed, but they're dark enough so the audience does not compute.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by jdeuxf View Post
                Hum, I don't think so.

Here is a picture of an assuran cruiser in Lifeline (402, SGA) :

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6...e5f0643ke9.jpg

It's not exactly of the same fashion than the ships we can see in Progeny.

On an other side, this cruiser is of the same architecture than the assuran gunship seen in This Mortal Coil (410, SGA) :

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4...oil0912mk9.jpg
                they are the same

Comment

In fact, I found an scifi-meshes, pictures of the model of this unknown ancient ship :

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3...t-crusier.html

Of course, that's not the original and the model proposed is not perfect. For example, the aurora length is not good versus the ha'tak dimension. But it gives, I think, the general aspect of these ships.

Comment

Ancient version of Wraith Cruisers maybe. Support ships for the Auroras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                      Ancient version of Wraith Cruisers maybe. Support ships for the Auroras.
                      Maybe. I noticed that the version at Sci-Fi Meshes has the same prowl design as the Aurora-type ships, which would mean that the two ships are of similar scales. However, looking back at the episode, it would seem that the two ships might actually have different prowl designs, with the unknown ships have something of a rounded front.

Still, there is evidence that the unidentified ship is at least as big as an Aurora: in this picture, the silhouette of one of the unidentified ships can be seen at the left of the picture. This silhouette is about half as long and just as wide as the Aurora-type coming out of Niam's back. The unknown ship's silhouette is more faded than that of the Aurora-type ship, which would indicated that it is further away, maybe as much as twice as far. This would mean that the unknown ship is probably wider than an Aurora, though perhaps not as long.

This leads me to believe that the unknown ship is another type of Ancient warship.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                        Maybe. I noticed that the version at Sci-Fi Meshes has the same prowl design as the Aurora-type ships, which would mean that the two ships are of similar scales. However, looking back at the episode, it would seem that the two ships might actually have different prowl designs, with the unknown ships have something of a rounded front.

Still, there is evidence that the unidentified ship is at least as big as an Aurora: in this picture, the silhouette of one of the unidentified ships can be seen at the left of the picture. This silhouette is about half as long and just as wide as the Aurora-type coming out of Niam's back. The unknown ship's silhouette is more faded than that of the Aurora-type ship, which would indicated that it is further away, maybe as much as twice as far. This would mean that the unknown ship is probably wider than an Aurora, though perhaps not as long.

This leads me to believe that the unknown ship is another type of Ancient warship.
                        Perhaps they were simply built to fight/destroy the Asurans. With there fleet of Auroras occupied by the Wraith maybe they needed a different class of ship to build. One that may not be as strong as Auroras but quicker to build because the Asurans couldn't fight back. Just speculating

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                          Perhaps they were simply built to fight/destroy the Asurans. With there fleet of Auroras occupied by the Wraith maybe they needed a different class of ship to build. One that may not be as strong as Auroras but quicker to build because the Asurans couldn't fight back. Just speculating
                          Unlikely, given that the unidentified ships are almost certainly around the same size as the Aurora-type ships. As a result, they would likely take just as many resources to build, negating their effectiveness in that role. Furthermore, it would appear that Aurora-type ships make up the majority of the ships attacking Asuras in the flashback.

My guess is that they are an older model of warship, which was being phased out at the time of the Wraith/Lantean War in favor of the newer Aurora-types. Conversely, it could have been an Ancient analogue to Star Trek's Galaxy class: a combat-capable explorer/transport. That would explain why the Asurans did not build any of these unidentified vessels, concentrating solely on building Aurora-types.

Side note.
                          This:
                          Still, there is evidence that the unidentified ship is at least as big as an Aurora: in this picture, the silhouette of one of the unidentified ships can be seen at the left of the picture.
                          Should be this:
                          Still, there is evidence that the unidentified ship is at least as big as an Aurora: in this picture, the silhouette of one of the unidentified ships can be seen at the left of the picture.
                          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

There is also the possibility that this other Ancient ship is a Cruiser compared to the Aurora Class Battleship It would make sense to have a smaller more easily constructed design(All the images in the background of Progeny showed this class of vessel to be smaller than the Aurora's present)

Comment

Actually, that's a good catch. Looking with greater attention to those pictures allows me to be puzzled.
                              There's definitely that symmetrical sort of Aurora being there, and it could very well be shorter than an Aurora.
                              Then count what looks like a real Aurora in the background, to the right of Weir's head.
                              Originally, due to the different thruster design, I thought the ship looming above Weir was a cruiser, since the thruster array's design is very similar, but the whole structure does not correspond at all, so that's another class of ship, possibly halfway between both.

The ship on the left is neither an Aurora nor a (cloakable) cruiser.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X