Goa'uld Personal Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld Personal Shield

I was watching the first ep of season 5 SG-1 where Apophis had crashed into Delmak with Cronus's/Taur'i/Replicator/His ship and I saw that the Replicators were walking all over him-literally-they were walking on Apophis's Personal shield. Are not those shields supposed to let slow moving things get through them???????? I would have thought that the Reps would have just walked through and ate his hand (They could never just get his hand device without taking his hand).

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
    I was watching the first ep of season 5 SG-1 where Apophis had crashed into Delmak with Cronus's/Taur'i/Replicator/His ship and I saw that the Replicators were walking all over him-literally-they were walking on Apophis's Personal shield. Are not those shields supposed to let slow moving things get through them???????? I would have thought that the Reps would have just walked through and ate his hand (They could never just get his hand device without taking his hand).
    I think what Sam said was that it would let things with low kinetic energy through. Maybe the replicators are very energetic? Sorry if that is a stupid guess, I'm not a physicist.

Another thing - could the shield have protected Apophis? So he survived reentry, I mean.
    sigpic
    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

There's been two types of Goa'uld shields shown, ones that stop slow moving objects, and ones that stop fast moving objects. I believe both stop energy weapons.

Hope that helps.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
      Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Maybe Apophsis has modified his to stop arrows and knifes being thrown at him as well.

Replicators are also held together by energy: Keron fields so maybe the shield was action against that rather than the physical matter.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Maybe Apophis just altered the way the shield works so that he could allow slow moving things through when needed, like a multi functional shield, with a switch to make it work both ways, when he wants.

Comment

Possibly a Combination of Apophis modding his shield and the Individual Replicator Field interacting enough with the shield to prevent the physical parts of the Rep to pass through the shield. Perhaps Apophis found out about what happened to Heru'er's hand on Cimmeria

Comment

aphohis might have upgraded his shield after O'neill tried to shoot him with an arrow.

Secondly of course he survived reentry. the ships shields were working just fine. The problem is he couldn't survive the sudden stop at the end of reentry. That probably hurt a lot.

Comment

I think that the huge explosion that we saw would have killed him through his shield rather instantly

Comment

Maybe Sokar's personal shields are just better than those of the other Goa'ulds and since Apophis stole Sokar's empire, he also stole Sokar's technology.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                    I think that the huge explosion that we saw would have killed him through his shield rather instantly
                    and if it didnot, he would have died from all that rubble buring him and the lack of air...

Comment

Working...
                    X