Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced hive-ship (spoilers for Enemies at the Gate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced hive-ship (spoilers for Enemies at the Gate)

As seen in the spoilers of Enemy at the Gate
    Spoiler:
    a new advanced Hive-ship is going to appear.

I believe it might be some sort of ship designed to give an alliance an advantage during the civil war. But the Wraith stole it and added ZPMs and obtained the location of Earth.

I believe it might have shield, a stronger hull (perhaps no hyperspace stops), better hull regeneration, more powerfull weapons, perhaps point defense weapons, better internal security systems and maybe even more or better darts.

Anyone any ideas on this?
    Last edited by Skydiver; 17 December 2008, 03:58 AM.

yes. spoiler it.

and the hive concept and ZPM locations are most likely from annother reality

Comment

If its got several ZPMs powering it it will a very powerful vessel, possibly stronger than the Odyssesy.

Who knows there's speculatio Atlantis returns to Earth maybe we need Atlantis to stop it.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
        If its got several ZPMs powering it it will a very powerful vessel, possibly stronger than the Odyssesy.

Who knows there's speculatio Atlantis returns to Earth maybe we need Atlantis to stop it.
        They may just send all of atlantis' drones to earth.

I dont think the wraith will have shields on this ship. They have shown no interest in shields.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
          They may just send all of atlantis' drones to earth.

I dont think the wraith will have shields on this ship. They have shown no interest in shields.
          How else will it survive Asgard beam hits?
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

may i notify that to SHIELD a HIVE, you need a shield of 11km in diametre, some 4x the size of atlantis' shields, not to mention its alot higher aswell and alot wider? wraith showed no interest cause ancient weapons just acted as if there were no shields, and the wraith used that power for weapons, so they could actually take down ancients. its like taking a tank, stripping its armor ["shield"] and fit a much bigger gun at it, cause your enemy uses powerfull tanks which both hit hard and take alot. seeing as you CANT take alot, you just transfer your power to weapons, so you can actually take out your enemy. its like a water leak. you can shield yourself for the water and absorb it with pieces of paper, or expose yourself to the water, and plug the hole.

this hive has, and note explicitly: MULTIPLE ZPM's. it has all the power for a shield, and all the power for even bigger, heavier guns. how? i sense interdimensional intervention

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              may i notify that to SHIELD a HIVE, you need a shield of 11km in diametre, some 4x the size of atlantis' shields, not to mention its alot higher aswell and alot wider? wraith showed no interest cause ancient weapons just acted as if there were no shields, and the wraith used that power for weapons, so they could actually take down ancients. its like taking a tank, stripping its armor ["shield"] and fit a much bigger gun at it, cause your enemy uses powerfull tanks which both hit hard and take alot. seeing as you CANT take alot, you just transfer your power to weapons, so you can actually take out your enemy. its like a water leak. you can shield yourself for the water and absorb it with pieces of paper, or expose yourself to the water, and plug the hole.

this hive has, and note explicitly: MULTIPLE ZPM's. it has all the power for a shield, and all the power for even bigger, heavier guns. how? i sense interdimensional intervention
              Exactly. I 100% agree, its going to be great watching us getting a butt whooping for once.

Comment

Well, I read the spoilers again and it made me believe stronger that this hive-ship is created by Todd or his alliance for the civil war. I mean it would need some minor advantages to help them win the civil war. But when you add multiple ZPMs it would give such a ship huge advantages.

The Wraith that is going to be our enemy is a subordinate of Todd. That is probably why Todd contacted us, because he wants this guy destroyed for his betrayal.

As for surviving the Asgard beams, we know a wraith ships grows exponentially faster when a energy is added and a lot of faster when it has access to a ZPM (ATL: The Seed). So with multiple ZPMs it would regenerate a lot faster. So maybe the new ship has a stronger hull and if they don't put all ZPMs in the same place it would be hard to destroy the ship if it's weapons are a lot stronger.

Comment

Maybe it uses culling beams as defenses to eat drones and missiles, and relies on shields for other defenses?
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Maybe we need some toilet lids to come to the rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      Maybe we need some toilet lids to come to the rescue.
                      LOL YEA! Picture this: a massive fleet spread out in Earth Orbit, 160 Jaffa Ha'tak class ships, 500 Alkesh, 2000 Death Gliders, Odyssey, Apollo, and Phoenix, 500 F-302s, and Atlantis all firing on this super-hive! Talk about Epic!
                      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

I did think of instanteous regeneration but the damage would still kill the crew and I'm not sure if Wraith ships grow their own weapons etc...A shield seems more sensible.

If it can deal with the Asgard beams I don't think missiles are going to be a problem, drones will be though. However I think TPTB are not creative enough to use culling beams to stop drones...we'll see.

Comment

tom get on your own account.

no just kidding. in the AUF, renette[a wraith queen] uses EXACTLY that tactic to render alot useless. add some Cold plasma armor, and earth is so totally screwed.

[carter] "fire plasma beam cannons"
                          [the ship fires. here and there, the armor heats up, only to be drastically cooled down again by thousands of heat sinks all over the ship]
                          [carter] WTF?
                          [Mckay] MY IDEA!!!!!
                          [carter]. the awesomeness of our utter scewedness leads me to believe that the wraith just rendered every single weapon we possess useless. DAMN.
                          [the hive confirms this by blasting Redshift bolts at the Phoenix]
                          [renette sits in her chair, laughing]
                          [the Phoenix blows up ala Last Man]
                          [the Arctic outpost fires, thousands of drones come up, only to be shot down by an immense volley of falling stars, cutting a way through the drones, the outpost is destroyed before the drones hit home. culling arrays scoop up the drones]
                          [renette] new weapons
                          [earth is culled].

oh wait, in AUF, ori took it over

Comment

I see no reason a culling beam cant stop any non derected enery wepon even a plasma beam just turn on the culling beam and fly along the stream of plasma hell the dart could do a 180 and send it back at the ship that fired it. would be dangerous and not verry reliable but darts are expendable

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I don't know about that. Plasma beams don't seem to rely on pure power only, otherwise a Hive-ship could have been destroyed with a single blast, given that it would take a huuuuuuge amount of energy to overwelm Ori shields. So they must be somewhat have an intelligent design. So the most simple shields would not work, even when powered with ZPMs. Maybe the added Ancient knowlegde, we know they could upgrade their hyperdrive with knowlegde from the Aurora mission report (ATL: Allies, No Man's Land, Misbegotten, Aurora). As for their hyperdrive, an increase in power makes all other hyperdrives faster, so probably Wraith too!. I just wonder if the pitt stops can be solved. If they have shield it is, and maybe they upgraded the armor with the ability to resist hyperspace radiation.

I surely hope that when it is unshielded some small point defense guns (maybe the dart's) are added so they won't have to send out darts when dealing with fighters.

Comment

Working...
                              X