Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Season 5 is worth buying this decade?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think Season 5 is worth buying this decade?

I have seasons 1 to 6 of SG1, and I'm planning buying season 7, and 8 but, I'm not sure seasons 9, and 10 are worth the money right now, maybe ten years from now when Stargate would be ooold news, and I got them on discount.

I have season 1 of SGA, and I'll buy seasons 2, and 3 ASAP. Season 4 wasn't that great but I can watch it again so it's in my list too.

I've read a lot about Season 5 but watching tv is free (mostly) so, for me, the ultimate question is:

In your opinion, do you think season 5 has enough good in it so you think is worth buying it?

Just asking.
    Last edited by Kanetsidohi; 12 December 2008, 06:10 AM. Reason: Grammar error, and question correction.

Before I could answer such a question I would need to know the kind of characters and plot arcs you like
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Before I could answer such a question I would need to know the kind of characters and plot arcs you like
      Well, I was thinking more about a personal opinion. I've tried to word the question carefully but I can't properly translated it into English.

So, would you spend your money buying SGA season 5, or rather spend such money on other series/movies/games/etc because you didn't like it that much really?

Comment

Buy Stargate SG1 First and complete your collection buy Stargate Atlantis in order so buy season 1 then 2 then 3 etc etc.

You will find Atlantis seris 5 will probably cost you 3 seasons of SG1 when it is released so you would get better value for money if you bought seasons of SG1 first

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
          Buy Stargate SG1 First and complete your collection buy Stargate Atlantis in order so buy season 1 then 2 then 3 etc etc.

You will find Atlantis seris 5 will probably cost you 3 seasons of SG1 when it is released so you would get better value for money if you bought seasons of SG1 first
          Yes, newly realeased season are indeed more expensive, and they're even more expensive down here!!! But the reason I'm not buying SG1 9/10 anytime soon is because I didn't enjoy them that much.

Maybe I should save my money for a while before thinking about buying any Stargate stuff.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanetsidohi View Post
            In your opinion, do you think season 5 has enough good in it so you think is worth buying it?
            I intend to buy it when it is available, because I'm the collector type of person, but mostly... to get good resolution screen captures of Todd. But in all honesty, there is only one episode so far I feel I would truly want to re-watch whenever I feel like it: "The Queen". If Todd's future proves less infuriating, I may be able to watch "Infection" again too.

As a whole, while there were several episodes I liked or even loved, season 5 felt like a collection of disconnected standalones without any big picture in sight - even the episodes that were supposed to tie loose ends like "Ghost in the Machine" and "The Prodigal". All the episodes are set in the same context, yes, but without a bigger story that advances over time. That makes them much less interesting to watch again later for me.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

In a word....No.....Apart from two or three eps it's been a rather disappointing season....Instead of going out with a bang it's going out with a whimper....

(IMHO )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                I intend to buy it when it is available, because I'm the collector type of person.
                I understand that. Thankfully, I overcomed some of my need.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                As a whole, while there were several episodes I liked or even loved, season 5 felt like a collection of disconnected standalones without any big picture in sight - even the episodes that were supposed to tie loose ends like "Ghost in the Machine" and "The Prodigal". All the episodes are set in the same context, yes, but without a bigger story that advances over time. That makes them much less interesting to watch again later for me.
                I also like big arcs but, it sounds good enough anyway.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  In a word....No.....Apart from two or three eps it's been a rather disappointing season....Instead of going out with a bang it's going out with a whimper....

(IMHO )
                  Bummer I really loved SGA when it started.

Thanks!

Comment

Well, I was thinking more about a personal opinion. I've tried to word the question carefully but I can't properly translated it into English.

So, would you spend your money buying SGA season 5, or rather spend such money on other series/movies/games/etc because you didn't like it that much really?
                    no, it's not worth of it. I would rather buy another series, movies or games
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
                      Me too Let's just say, alot of the eps don't even feel like stargate anymore
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
                        Season 5 is worth it. Very character driven and some really epic eps. So it is a worthy buy.

I know everything, so listen to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have seasons 1 to 6 of SG1, and I'm planning buying season 7, and 8 but, I'm not sure seasons 9, and 10 are worth the money right now, maybe ten years from now when Stargate would be ooold news, and I got them on discount.

I have season 1 of SGA, and I'll buy seasons 2, and 3 ASAP. Season 4 wasn't that great but I can watch it again so it's in my list too.

I've read a lot about Season 5 but watching tv is free (mostly) so, for me, the ultimate question is:

Just asking.
                          Hard to answer. I'll buy it, as it's the last season, and there are some eps, like "Search & Rescue," I can watch over and over again.

But hmm, should I wait for the ultra-deluxe-platinum-we've got the lost scene from "Trio" edition that comes with a piece of DNA from David Hewlett embedded in a mystery DVD disk?? Hmm, nope. I'll get it now, as then, I've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Season 5 is worth it. Very character driven and some really epic eps. So it is a worthy buy.

I know everything, so listen to me.
                            Did you forget the golden rule again
                            Spoiler:
                            I am always right
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Me too Let's just say, alot of the eps don't even feel like stargate anymore
                              your version of Stargate
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X