Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Smith says HANCOCK 2 is “definitely” happening…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Smith says HANCOCK 2 is “definitely” happening…

… and that we are likely to see it in just a few years. Does it say something about the scripts Will Smith has been offered when in the last few months he has pushed for HANCOCK 2, I AM LEGEND 2 (despite obvious complications with such a move) and a remake to OLDBOY!

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-happening.php

Better Hancock 2 than I am Legend 2 and the less I hear about Oldboy being remade the better. I did like the first Hancock so a second one happening is good to me. I just hope they can avoid turning it into a relationship drama like the first.

sigpic

Comment

hmmm im not so sure, the conclusion to hancock seemed to make a sequal difficult, unless it's more of a traditional super hero movie. i don't see how a sequal could keep the feel of the first one. although, don't get me wrong, i'll probably go and see it
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Oh dear, Hancock 2, seriously?

The first movie was going great until Charlize Theron turned out to have super-powers, and then they both turned out to be angels, eurgh.

I can see Hancock 2 being about children now, Incredibles style. That's how it'll fail miserably.

But really, a sequel? Hancock was a terrible film, are they trying to milk it for all it's worth now?

I am Legend sequel? At least that film was good, I suppose they could follow in line with the book and show the Vampires becoming more culturalised and all, and I guess they'll have to go with one of the Alternate Endings on the DVD release, much to everyone's confusion...

Edit: Apparantly it'll be a prequal... So... that... seems... boring? Although the best bit of the film was just Will Smith & his Dog walking around an Abandoned New York, I guess it'll be 2 hours~ worth of that. So, either way, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

The first movie was going great until Charlize Theron turned out to have super-powers, and then they both turned out to be angels, eurgh.

I can see Hancock 2 being about children now, Incredibles style. That's how it'll fail miserably.

But really, a sequel? Hancock was a terrible film, are they trying to milk it for all it's worth now?

I am Legend sequel? At least that film was good, I suppose they could follow in line with the book and show the Vampires becoming more culturalised and all, and I guess they'll have to go with one of the Alternate Endings on the DVD release, much to everyone's confusion...

Edit: Apparantly it'll be a prequal... So... that... seems... boring? Although the best bit of the film was just Will Smith & his Dog walking around an Abandoned New York, I guess it'll be 2 hours~ worth of that. So, either way, yeah.
          it was ment to be a prequal but that changed to a sequal now, check it out here:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61445

Comment

hancock was better than i am legend imho
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Hancock & BB/DK > all other superhero movies of late.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Hancock & BB/DK > all other superhero movies of late.
                DK minus Bale's throaty voice i hope

i did enjoy iron man tbh.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  DK minus Bale's throaty voice i hope
                  I didn't like that at first, but then I thought at least it explains why people wouldn't recognise his voice.

i did enjoy iron man tbh.
                  I probably would have done if I'd seen it when it first came out, but when I saw it after all the hype I was disappointed. It's good IMO, but not great.

Comment

I thought Hancock 2 was the second half of the movie.

Comment

okay.. i must agree that handcook was great untill the chick was a super hero to. just lost my interst.
                      but OLDBOY REMAKE!! are we talking about the japanese movie!!? if soo they can just go and BRUN IN THE DARK ABYSS!!!
                      now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

The way they ended Hancock I was sure that they would have a sequel.

And never saw I am Legend, didn't want to waste the money.

Comment

A sequel to Hancock works for me.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Another Hancock? WHY? I walked out of the theater 10 minutes into the movie, it was that bad. Those I know that stayed say they wish they didn't.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I am of the opposite opinion. I thought it was quite average to start with, then got better after the twist. More darker.

I'd like to see a prequel if anything. Back in the time when there was more of their kind.

Although they could introduce a rival to Smith or something like that in a sequel.
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                              X