Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBCUMV: Sci Fi Has Best November Ever!

AT NBCUMV:

SCI FI HAS BEST NOVEMBER EVER WITH DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH!

Published: December 2, 2008

Ranked #5 Among Viewers 25-54; #8 Among Viewers 18-49; And #9 Among Females 25-54

NEW YORK – December 2, 2008 – Building on a year of unprecedented growth, SCI FI Channel scored its best November ever with 1.3 million total viewers, 605,000 Adults 18-49 and 689,000 Adults 25-54.

SCI FI also continued its growth in popularity among women, with double-digit growth vs. November 2007 in Females 25-54 (up +17%) as well as success in Females 18-49 (+9%). For November 2008, SCI FI was the #9 cable network among Females 25-54.

Program ratings highlights for November 2008 include:

· This November, Ghost Hunters continued its best season yet, with 2.9 million total viewers, 746,000 Adults 18-34, 1.7 Million Adults 18-49 and 1.8 million Adults 25-54. Compared to the Fall 2007 season, it is up +33% in total viewers, +11% in Adults 18-34, +22% in Adults 18-49 and +31% in Adults 25-54.

· The 3rd annual Ghost Hunters Live event on Halloween delivered 1.5 million Adults 18-49, 1.6 million Adults 25-54 and 2.6 million total viewers and marked SCI FI's best-ever 7-11pm performance on Halloween in all key demos. Compared to Halloween 2007, this year's live event was up by +11% in Adults 18-49, +19% in Adults 25-54 and +21% in total viewers.

· Three original episodes of Ghost Hunters this month placed among the top 30 entertainment telecasts in cable for Adults 25-54.

· The series premiere of Estate of Panic marked the best-ever Ghost Hunters companion series debut among Adults 18-34 and Adults 25-54. Compared to the series premiere of the latest Ghost Hunters companion series, Destination Truth (Wed 06/06/07 at 10P), Estate was up +18% among Adults 18-34 and up +5% among Adults 25-54.

· The Original Movie premiere of Yeti on November 8 delivered 1.1 million Adults 18-49, 1.3 million Adults 25-54 and 2.5 million total viewers, making it the top SCI FI Original Movie premiere in Adults 25-54 demographic since April 2007's Lake Placid 2. Compared to the year-to-telecast average for Saturday SCI FI Original Movie premieres, it was up +45% among Adults 18-49, up +41% among Adults 25-54 and up +30% in total viewers.

SCIFI.COM also enjoyed its best November ever, delivering 3.5 million uniques (+5% vs. November 2007), 5.2 million visits (+9%) and 3.8 million video streams (+24%). The Ghost Hunters site was an especially popular destination for fans, making it the #1 section of SCIFI.COM in page views (5.5 million) and video streams (1.1 million) – up +87% and +58%, respectively, over November 2007. SCI FI Wire, SCIFI.COM's entertainment news section, also enjoyed a successful month with 2.2 million page views - its best month since August 2008 and up +36% over November 2007.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

This is where SCI FI ticks me off. They mention the Estate of Panic which debuted with a 1.0 HH rating.

Also, there is no Sanctuary or Stargate Atlantis which have both likely been attracting over 2 Million viewers this season.

So there you have it folks Yeti Pwned Santuary and SGA.
    sigpic

Comment

scifi grows but cancels all their shows
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        scifi grows but cancels all their shows
        They cancel their shows to make room for the younger edgier shows.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          ghost hunters????
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

ghost hunters????
            You mean Ghost Plumbers.
            sigpic

Comment

Stargate:90210 (Reference to SG1 episode 200) Still laughing about that episode.
              Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
              End of line.

Comment

You mean Ghost Plumbers.
                ghost hunters rocks, that is how i found out about stargate. I watched the First ep of it and there were stargate commericals so i watched it and it was EXCELLENT!!!

sigpic
                Sig made by squirrely1
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

ghost hunters????
                  They have more viewers than Atlantis and Sanctuary and the age profile of their viewers is much younger.

Neither Atlantis and Sanctuary is mentioned because the story's focus is on Adult 18-49 viewers. Neither show has much to crow about there given half their audiences are over 50.

Therein lies the incentive for Stargate Universe and its plot and casting.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

But with the same writers and producers?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                      They have more viewers than Atlantis and Sanctuary and the age profile of their viewers is much younger.

Neither Atlantis and Sanctuary is mentioned because the story's focus is on Adult 18-49 viewers. Neither show has much to crow about there given half their audiences are over 50.

They must have hired Paris Hilton to do their PR as *everything* they put out is "best ever!"

Since SGA isn't even mentioned I don't even see the reason for posting SciFi's general ratings; they obviously don't care much about the series except to cancel SGA, hired cheaper and younger actors and retool Stargate into SGU into a cheaper show for a younger audience.

I can't see SGU being all that impressive if you've got the exact same people writing it. I do however see the incredible potential for "Scorched Earth" to get a third revision *cough*.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

I can't see SGU being all that impressive if you've got the exact same people writing it. I do however see the incredible potential for "Scorched Earth" to get a third revision *cough*.
                        Hey, Remnants was a great episode. It did also very well in the ratings. But you are so right.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey, Remnants was a great episode. It did also very well in the ratings. But you are so right.
                          Oh, I enjoyed "Remnants," but it could have been a lot better - Sheppard's storyline almost seemed an afterthought to Woolsey's.

But mark my words *cough* the writers will retread SG1 episodes into an SGU episode. The only question is : which episode?

Comment

Oh, I enjoyed "Remnants," but it could have been a lot better - Sheppard's storyline almost seemed an afterthought to Woolsey's.

But mark my words *cough* the writers will retread SG1 episodes into an SGU episode. The only question is : which episode?
                            Window of Opportunity?
                            sigpic

Comment

oh, i enjoyed "remnants," but it could have been a lot better - sheppard's storyline almost seemed an afterthought to woolsey's.

But mark my words *cough* the writers will retread sg1 episodes into an sgu episode. The only question is : Which episode?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X