Earth beam weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth beam weapons

the beam weapons used to defeat the Origin, as seen in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIIP...eature=related
    Some Asgaard tech? But why is they not used in Stargate Atlantis against the Wraith? it should cut thoes hives up like butter. instead of using the pea shooter they are equipped whit.

and if I ansered, and know that I could "get away with it".....

have you even been WATCHING SGA??????

Comment

yes, and...thay always open fire with the totaly in effective railguns. or is it some technical stuff I missed to why they cant use beam weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Apsu View Post
        the beam weapons used to defeat the Origin, as seen in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIIP...eature=related
        Some Asgaard tech? But why is they not used in Stargate Atlantis against the Wraith? it should cut thoes hives up like butter. instead of using the pea shooter they are equipped whit.
        ...Firstly, the asgard beams were obtained in SG1 before the Atlantis season 3 finale, so for seasons 1&2 they didn't have the beams.

Secondly, we have seen them, in more recent episodes, use the beams against both Replicators and Wraith.
        Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
        Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Apsu View Post
          watch Be all my sins remeber in season 4 of sga

and last man in same season

Comment

The Beams were also shown in The Last Man (season 4 of SGA) on board the Phoenix, which was commanded by Samantha Carter.
            Of course that particular time line won't happen now, coz it was changed by Sheppard traveling forward in time several thousands of years, then returning with info that changed the course of events, in that future the Rodney hologram on Atlantis told him about Sam getting the Phoenix in the past and going on hit and run missions against Michael's Hives.
            Technically Michael wasn't a full blown Wraith anymore, but he was using Hives and Cruisers.

The Phoenix however eventually got led into an ambush by three of Michael's Hives and was destroyed in that time line.

Comment

this was helpfull, I have not thinked of this... Here Season 5 is running every friday, but All the other epesodes runs once aday at 1800 (6pm) so They can be from the early epesodes..

Comment

Watch the Series 10 finale of SG1 when go onto watch atlantis season 3 finale then carry on watching

Comment

Earth got the beam weapons and the whole Asgard Database in SG-1 s10e20 Unending(which is about after SGA s03e19 and before s03e20) and the Asgard built in some of these new technologies on the Odyssey.

We can see the new Asgard Plasma Beam weapons on other Earth ships in SGA s04e11 Be All My Sins Remembered. Looks like it took a half year for the scientits to mass-product it and build it on Earth ships.

Comment

Originally posted by HunGripen View Post
                    Earth got the beam weapons and the whole Asgard Database in SG-1 s10e20 Unending(which is about after SGA s03e19 and before s03e20) and the Asgard built in some of these new technologies on the Odyssey.

We can see the new Asgard Plasma Beam weapons on other Earth ships in SGA s04e11 Be All My Sins Remembered. Looks like it took a half year for the scientits to mass-product it and build it on Earth ships.
                    Dude they got it in s04e11 not s03e20

dont know were you saw them in first strike

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post

I think what he means is that First Strike and Unending Aired around the same time.
                      I think First strike was probably at least a few weeks before the Asgard gave us their database, or perhaps it was around the same time but took area 51 or whoever a while to figure out how to make the Asgard plasma beam weapons.
                      Ark of Truth showed
                      Spoiler:
                      that we had the ability to use the Matter Conversion technology as that IOA guy used it to make a Replicator.

Accessing the Asgard computer core on board the Odyssey prior to defeating the Ori wouldn't have been possible as activating it would have drawn the attention of them, but they may have been able to tie the ZPM or some other power source in to it and still manage to study the technology in it's database,
                      Spoiler:
                      but I don't think that's very likely as it was inactive in AoT.

So I think the APBWs were installed on board the Daedalus and Apollo sometime after Lifeline and before Be All My Sins Remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post

Yeah, as Rise Of The Phoenix said, you don't understand what I wrote.

They got the whole Asgard Database and the upgraded Odyssey in SG-1 season 10 episode 20 Undending(AND IF YOU SAW ARK OF TRUTH YOU KNOW THAT
                        Spoiler:
                        THE APOLLO WENT TO ATLANTIS AFTER DEFEATING THE ORI
                        SO SGA SEASON 3 EPISODE 20 IS AFTER THE EVENTS OF ARK OF TRUTH).

In SGA season 4 episode 11 WE FIRST SAW ASGARD PLASMA BEAM WEAPONS IN STARGATE ATLANTIS, so it looks like it took Earth a half-year to reproduce these weapons.

I never said that they was in "First Strike".

Comment

Working...
                        X