• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Fox Network in Middle East (SG)

http://www.business24-7.ae/articles/...09224155c.aspx

Fox introduces TV series channel in the Middle East

Dec 1 2008

excerpt:

In six month of operating in the region, Fox Movies is all set to introduce another channel with the name of Fox Series for viewers of the Middle East.

The new channel will be free to air general entertainment channel entirely dedicated to the best of television series. Home to top US serials, the new channel promises to provide viewers across the Middle East smart entertainment with an edge.

The new channel is brought to the region through the strategic partnership between the highly successful & well loved media group, Rotana Media Services (RMS), owned by Al Waleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company and Rotana Holding and the internationally well-known Fox International Channels (FIC).

Fox Series, which will commence broadcasting from today, is the region's first premier, dedicated free-to-air television series channel in the Middle East and North Africa offering viewers a sensational line-up of award-winning television series – from blockbuster series that have wowed audiences the world over like Desperate Housewives, Kyle XY, and CSI: Miami, to productions never seen before in the region like Brothers and Sisters, Nip/Tuck, Crusoe and The Listener, and to long-running popular smash-hits like Simpsons and Stargate

rest at link above

as long as fox doesn't air 24 this should go well
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      as long as fox doesn't air 24 this should go well
      whas wrong with 24? is a great show...hmm is it because of the middle eastern terrorists in the show??? lol i bet....XD

Comment

LOL whats with the ad at the bottom meet Arab singles here?

Comment

I see nothing new here. It is a new channel but that is all. I lived in the mid east for a time and still venture back on occasion (to see wife's family) and I can assure you most of these shows are already on TV there.

Several of the channels from the UK such as skyone are standard television in many parts of the mid east. With the advent of satellite television they have the same access to all of the channels that you would see anywhere else in Europe (in fact as of my last visit the channels apparently numbered nearly 1000 and covered everything from US movie and TV channels to European channels, sports, news from all over the world and just about everything else).

Even when I was deployed to Iraq the last time there was satellite TV available to the civilian population. Once again it contained all of the channels that you would expect. They aren't exactly missing anything in their television viewing options. I used to watch stargate with my wife, her younger brother and younger sister when we were in Amman Jordan.

I suppose another channel is always nice. Just find it a little annoying that they try to bill it as these people don't have access to good television already. TV and movies are actually pretty popular from what I have seen, I believe even the show 24 runs there. I don't think it would cause much in the way of offense, they know that there are people from their culture who have chosen to do some pretty bad things. There are people from all cultures and religions who have done some pretty bad things. A few select individuals and groups are not indicative of all people. We should all know that from our own countries (I was born in the US and can assure you that we have our fair share of people who choose to do bad things.)

I think the only way a show would be offensive really is if it tried to imply that all who are of a certain faith or born in a certain place think and do these things. I can also agree that if anyone implied the same thing about any of our own countries based on the actions of a few we would equally be as offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
            whas wrong with 24? is a great show...hmm is it because of the middle eastern terrorists in the show??? lol i bet....XD
            well to some it could show a negative view of the united states

heck the us doesn't exactly have the most positive view around the world right now
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              well to some it could show a negative view of the united states

heck the us doesn't exactly have the most positive view around the world right now
              Well, considsering the U.S. precipitated the market meltdown with lax financial regulation and greed *cough*... I would think "24" might not air in the Middle East due to politics. I don't watch "24" (but will watch PM's episode).

Comment

Originally posted by Kratine View Post
                LMAO! ehh....LMAO! XD no thanx....

Comment

has anyone heard the music theme of fox series? the one that starts with guitar strings....

which song its taken from??

plz reply!

Comment

hieee

Comment

Originally posted by Kratine View Post
                      Hmm, I got an ad for passport/papers and such, but then I frequent that site weekly for business purposes...

Comment

Working...
                      X