Got to use a matter generator....3D printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to use a matter generator....3D printing

Well not really, I guess 3D printers are the current technology that could lead up to devices like the Asgard matter replicator or the device Merlin/ Daniel used to create the holy grail device.

So I have been working on this 304 3D model for a LONG time Probably about 9 months. (it's my baby)... I built it specifically to be 3D printed on the machine we have at work.. Its still a bit messy but should clean up nicely with some sanding and paint... It is 12" long and made up of 26 pieces Enjoy..

3D CAD

-James-
    Last edited by XJamesX; 15 November 2008, 09:26 PM. Reason: spoiler tags

Spoiler tags. Nice work, I finally understand where the drive pods fit.

Comment

that is really freaking impressive, i am sure that there are quite a few stargate fans out there that would love to have one of your excellent creations.

Comment

kick ass work dude. major props

too bad it would be illegal for you to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by XJamesX View Post
          Well not really, I guess 3D printers are the current technology that could lead up to devices like the Asgard matter replicator or the device Merlin/ Daniel used to create the holy grail device.

So I have been working on this 304 3D model for a LONG time Probably about 9 months. (it's my baby)... I built it specifically to be 3D printed on the machine we have at work.. Its still a bit messy but should clean up nicely with some sanding and paint... It is 12" long and made up of 26 pieces Enjoy..

3D CAD

-James-
          Those are so sweet, nice job.

Comment

Nice work on the models.

Comment

Wow thats incredible...

I attempted something like this with CATIA and a 3D modelling machine we had at school, got about a 10th of the way through a stargate, took me ages and gave up...

Amazing that you were determined enough to create that over 9 months..

Absolutely amazing!
              Last edited by Avernikas; 18 November 2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Very cool, James. Good work.

Comment

Thanks everyone.... here's some more work done on the PJ . Got the engines all worked out and the mechanisms to move it. Just a little more detail work and it should be good to start printing..

Spoiler:

Closed

Open

-James-

Comment

Originally posted by XJamesX View Post
                    Thanks everyone.... here's some more work done on the PJ . Got the engines all worked out and the mechanisms to move it. Just a little more detail work and it should be good to start printing..

Spoiler:

Closed

Open

-James-

That is so cool.

Comment

You have the drive pods but what about the drones.

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I want to do them but I just can't find enough reference images.. I'm going to give them a try....

-James-

Comment

That would be cool.

But you would have to have a light bulb able to fit in it, so when its on, it glows.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Maniac now your thinking... That might actually work.. I'll have to think on that a bit..
                            Here's an update. Got all the detail work on the pod area pretty much done. just a cross section to show how it all fits. Might start on the interior this weekend. One of the print heads on the printer broke last night so the printer won't be fixed until Monday. Maybe I'll have the interior finished by then so I should start printing it on Monday. Hopefully with the short week M-W I can have it all done by thanksgiving..
                            If anyone has any good pics of the drone area let me now. Thanks

Spoiler:

-James-

Comment

Working...
                            X