IDC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDC's

there have been quite a few instances where an sg team were tortured for their IDC's. well i was thinking that they should give each sg team 2 IDC's. one would be the standard IDC and the other would be a dont open the iris/shield, there are bad guys here and their trying to invade/destroy the SGC/Atlantis. i mean it would make things much easier. they just let them torture them for a little while so they wont be suspicios when they"give in" and tell them the code. then the bad guys try and invade through the stargate and instead hit a closed iris/shield. what do you think?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    there have been quite a few instances where an sg team were tortured for their IDC's. well i was thinking that they should give each sg team 2 IDC's. one would be the standard IDC and the other would be a dont open the iris/shield, there are bad guys here and their trying to invade/destroy the SGC/Atlantis. i mean it would make things much easier. they just let them torture them for a little while so they wont be suspicios when they"give in" and tell them the code. then the bad guys try and invade through the stargate and instead hit a closed iris/shield. what do you think?
    That's actually a pretty good idea. Would be useful in some situations, like the ocassional captured by the Goa'uld/Ori/Writh situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
      That's actually a pretty good idea. Would be useful in some situations, like the ocassional captured by the Goa'uld/Ori/Writh situation.
      That kind of thing was used in Forsaken. Jonas transmitted a code indicating he was being held hostage.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Or, you know, they could just transmit the wrong code.

Comment

I believe when you transmit the IDC code it says on the transmitter whether the shield is down or not which is why a specific fake code would be best. I was thinking about this when I watched the last episode too.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            jee that is a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit View Post
              I believe when you transmit the IDC code it says on the transmitter whether the shield is down or not which is why a specific fake code would be best. I was thinking about this when I watched the last episode too.
              I haven't ever heard of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                I haven't ever heard of that before.
                Well if memory serves the offworld teams usually look at their IDC and say something like "ok its safe to go" or on them lines.

but if they keep the iris closed on theses fake IDCs then wouldn't it be risky? you could end up having an enemy who says; "right, you go first"

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
                  Well if memory serves the offworld teams usually look at their IDC and say something like "ok its safe to go" or on them lines.

but if they keep the iris closed on theses fake IDCs then wouldn't it be risky? you could end up having an enemy who says; "right, you go first"

but then he goes after you and you all die and its better to die hitting the iris that die being tortured to death because you wont give him the code.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

but then he goes after you and you all die and its better to die hitting the iris that die being tortured to death because you wont give him the code.
                    that is what i would do or even make it a finger print one

E.G right index finger is open the iris
                    right middle finger is keep it closed and when stargate is closed dial back and nuke the planet
                    Last edited by 95_supra; 17 November 2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: spell check
                    get the rep

Comment

Originally posted by 95_supra View Post

right middle finger is keep it closed and when stargate is closed dial back and nuke the planet
                      lol, nuking the planet is a little extreme.

I agree that the simplest thing is a false code that still gives an authenticated response from the IDC.

Comment

Someone would have to be pretty dumb to tell you to go first, cuz if you did and they had put in the correct code then when you got through you just say close the iris and they go splat when they come through. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit View Post
                          Someone would have to be pretty dumb to tell you to go first, cuz if you did and they had put in the correct code then when you got through you just say close the iris and they go splat when they come through. lol
                          True. And even if they knew they were going to hit the iris... well, the job of a soldier sometimes involves sacrifice.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            True. And even if they knew they were going to hit the iris... well, the job of a soldier sometimes involves sacrifice.
                            true that

Originally Posted by 95_supra

lol, nuking the planet is a little extreme
                            not that extreme... oh maybe but it would be fun
                            get the rep

Comment

It would be good to have 3 kinds of IDC codes, one is open up im coming, another is keep it closed and the last is dont shot me, shot the guy behind me. If you know that you are going first you can jump through the stargate in an diagonal direction, so you would fall of the ramp, into an escape area. The rest of the bad guy would stay in an clear line of fire so you could put 3 more .50 cal there and just put holes in them, along with a squad of marines armed with high calibers weapons.
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                              X