Stargate Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Power

Since it has been mentioned in severals episodes of SG-1 that the DHD powers the gate, I was wondering if anyone has any idea how this wireless transfer of power takes place when the DHD is located very far away? (like in "Moebius Part 1")

it has somethink to do whit crystals and maybe ther is just a underground link

Comment

Not really ever seen anything to suggest an undergound link, like cables or something simular. nearly all the DHD's we see look like they are stand alone. I think as ha'tak suggests it may be something to do with the crystals.

As we know stargates submit there location to other stargates in a subspace network so maybe the same idea obviously not subspace could be used to that a DHD withing close proximity to a stargate can interface with the nearby gate and dial...so a wireless connection so to speak

Comment

Perhaps it is like some form of Electromagnetic coupling, like what happens in the coils of a transformer. Electrical energy flows from one coil and creates EM fields. This interacts with the other coils creating electrical energy. perhaps the crystals do something similar.

Comment

The replicators shared energy across a subspace link.

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
            Since it has been mentioned in severals episodes of SG-1 that the DHD powers the gate, I was wondering if anyone has any idea how this wireless transfer of power takes place when the DHD is located very far away? (like in "Moebius Part 1")
            im pretty sure its some kind of subspace connection which can work over great distances, but my guess is that for a stable power transfer via a subspace conncetion you need to be in close proximity or else very little power will get through and it will only like make the chevrons glow and make the gate shake, like in moebius when the gate shakes in the antarctic.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

We know the gate system transmits gate locations via subspace as mentioned in "off the grid".

So it stands to reason that a DHD can dial a stargate through simular means on the same planet, Like in Moebius

Comment

I think it would make sense for some kind of subspace energy transfer to take place between the DHD and gate like stargate1990 said, this would make sense when it's a Jumper dialing too.

Comment

one word and I'll walk away.
                  Spoiler:
                  keep looking
                  Spoiler:
                  almost there
                  Spoiler:
                  ....Magnets....
                  Last edited by supersoldier34; 12 November 2008, 05:18 PM. Reason: make it better. idk
                  supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                    I think it would make sense for some kind of subspace energy transfer to take place between the DHD and gate like stargate1990 said, this would make sense when it's a Jumper dialing too.
                    It is the only way for a jumper to dial a stargate is if through some sort of transmitted power. range is an issue(and varies in the show). Now the stargates have been known to use all sorts of stable power sources for energy as long as it is direct current in nature.

Spoiler:
                    Are you sure you want to know?
                    Spoiler:
                    magnets work well with super conductors like the stargates.

Comment

Wireless transfer of power is not that difficult, we can do that now with magnetic resonance i.e. Witricity

Comment

Anyone know the reference to the episode where we find out this? im sure sam mentions it.

Comment

Working...
                        X