Ancient ZPM creation room/machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient ZPM creation room/machine

How is it, that there has never (to the best of my knowledge) been a ZPM maker somewhere within atlantis?, it was the centre for the Ancient civilisation i believe

I mean they had to make them with something, its not like space time makes itself into a powersource

Shouldnt there be a lab or chamber within the city for making the ZPM's, or perhaps even an outpost that would be for that purpose

the issue may be that so much of the city is unexplored, but that doesnt mean there wouldnt be a record of it on the database

What do you think?

One of them questions that lingers around all the time and will never be answered unfortunatly by the looks of things

In the Siege, Weir was talking about the atlantis database and the self destruct and she mentioned ZPM Creation and Research but apart from that it has never been touched upon

There have been many episodes where we have looked for ZPM's but never found or looked for a Factory or Lab.
    In The Pegasus Project Weir was talking to Daniel overlooking the city and she said they hadnt explored all of atlantis but they had a good idea what was out there, If you take that at face value it would stand to reason there was no ZPM creation/research lab on Atlantis or surely they would have looked already.

Comment

i dont think they have allready explored all atlantis and the episode where mckeys sister comes for the first time i think that machine chould have been jused to make zpm

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
        i dont think they have allready explored all atlantis and the episode where mckeys sister comes for the first time i think that machine chould have been jused to make zpm
        How? That machine didn't create bubbles of space time...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Perhaps it's something they've already discovered, but have no idea what it does, something so far beyond our current level of technology, even with the Asgard database, that even McKay with his vast knowledge of Atlantis's systems can't make the connection between the device or devices and the fact that it or they make or fill up ZPMs.
          I recall that Weir says (can't remember which episode it was in) something like there are so many things within the city that they've discovered but are so far beyond our current level of science that we have no idea what they do.
          If it was a simple matter of activating a single device to just produce full ZPMs on command then they probably would have found it by now, although it may just be that it's in a section of the city that has yet to be explored.

I wonder if it's a combination of multiple pieces of technology, one device to create the actual crystal like casing (the physical ZPM we know), another to draw a region of space time and confine it, and finally a device that places the self contained region of space time within the crystal casing.
          Of course I'm just guessing, but that's how I imagine the process taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
            How? That machine didn't create bubbles of space time...
            jee i now remember what it was for,

never mind

Comment

Originally posted by Frolas View Post
              How is it, that there has never (to the best of my knowledge) been a ZPM maker somewhere within atlantis?, it was the centre for the Ancient civilisation i believe

I mean they had to make them with something, its not like space time makes itself into a powersource

Shouldnt there be a lab or chamber within the city for making the ZPM's, or perhaps even an outpost that would be for that purpose

the issue may be that so much of the city is unexplored, but that doesnt mean there wouldnt be a record of it on the database

What do you think?

well technically atlantis cant have any room with the tech to make zpms or else janus would have told alternate weir in "before i sleep". i mean he wanted to help her and even gave her a list of planets with hidden zpms so i find it really stupid, him not telling her where a room in atlantis was or where an outpost was that she can make zpms in. i mean he wanted to help the atlantis expedition and that certinly would have helped. therefore i must conclude that there is no such room, atleast anymore. i mean they could have disassembled the equipment and taken it with them back to earth.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                well technically atlantis cant have any room with the tech to make zpms or else janus would have told alternate weir in "before i sleep". i mean he wanted to help her and even gave her a list of planets with hidden zpms so i find it really stupid, him not telling her where a room in atlantis was or where an outpost was that she can make zpms in. i mean he wanted to help the atlantis expedition and that certinly would have helped. therefore i must conclude that there is no such room, atleast anymore. i mean they could have disassembled the equipment and taken it with them back to earth.

Agreed, it would be pointless to have Weir looking all over Pegasus when they can make a ZPM on Atlantis. Having thought of it though aswell at gate address's for planets with ZPM's, a ZPM lab would have been nice to mention if one existed.

Comment

what i was trying to say was, although we know what the ZPM does and what its power is

it is very odd that there hasnt been a device that created the ZPM's, its a vital piece of ancient tech and never a mention in the shows on 'How' they are made?

Comment

Originally posted by Frolas View Post
                    what i was trying to say was, although we know what the ZPM does and what its power is

it is very odd that there hasnt been a device that created the ZPM's, its a vital piece of ancient tech and never a mention in the shows on 'How' they are made?
                    Yes it is very strange, if you look what was said about Janus and Weir in Before I Sleep then it makes you wonder if Pegasus had any Outposts or Labs dedicated to ZPM Creation

However we know they had ZPM's on Earth and Milky Way, You could consider that they took all ZPM's they thought they would need with them to Pegasus and never needed to make new ones during their time there...although that scenario would be a long stretch

Comment

Regarding the whole thing of why if a device(s) to create ZPMs existed in Atlantis would Janus not tell Weir where it was?
                      I think the answer to that is if a means to create ZPMs exists within the city, perhaps the process is quite complex and lengthy and Janus thought the expedition may face impending doom from the Wraith shortly after arriving in the city.
                      The Wraith were still present in the Lantian solar system when Weir traveled 10,000 years back in time, so maybe Janus thought the Wraith may still be present in that solar system in our time and gathering the ZPMs from the gate addresses would be quicker than figuring out how to make more.

Another question that comes to mind also is why didn't Janus tell Weir the location of more Drones? I mean wouldn't it stand to reason that if the Wraith were going to attack the city again (which he must assume they would have done) the expedition would need more than an effective power source to defend the city?
                      I know it's possible that at least one of the gate addresses Janus gave Weir may be an outpost like the one Antarctica, or perhaps some kind of military base or stockpile of necessary devices such as ZPMs and drones,. but I guess we'll never know (unless it's mentioned before the season ends or in a movie).

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                        Regarding the whole thing of why if a device(s) to create ZPMs existed in Atlantis would Janus not tell Weir where it was?
                        I think the answer to that is if a means to create ZPMs exists within the city, perhaps the process is quite complex and lengthy and Janus thought the expedition may face impending doom from the Wraith shortly after arriving in the city.
                        The Wraith were still present in the Lantian solar system when Weir traveled 10,000 years back in time, so maybe Janus thought the Wraith may still be present in that solar system in our time and gathering the ZPMs from the gate addresses would be quicker than figuring out how to make more.

Another question that comes to mind also is why didn't Janus tell Weir the location of more Drones? I mean wouldn't it stand to reason that if the Wraith were going to attack the city again (which he must assume they would have done) the expedition would need more than an effective power source to defend the city?
                        I know it's possible that at least one of the gate addresses Janus gave Weir may be an outpost like the one Antarctica, or perhaps some kind of military base or stockpile of necessary devices such as ZPMs and drones,. but I guess we'll never know (unless it's mentioned before the season ends or in a movie).

but what would be the harm in telling her where there was a lab in atlantis that you can make zpms in, but tell her her best bet was to find the already made ones and use them instead. i mean janus had quite some time with weir and showing her a lab or telling her about it would have been very usefull, in addition to, of course, telling her where she can find premade ones.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

because not having extra ZPMs is such a huge plot device, a way to find a stockpile or create more would make us very overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                            because not having extra ZPMs is such a huge plot device, a way to find a stockpile or create more would make us very overpowered.
                            More so than having Asgard beam weapons that can destroy most known ships, including Ori, Ancient, and Wraith ships?
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              but what would be the harm in telling her where there was a lab in atlantis that you can make zpms in, but tell her her best bet was to find the already made ones and use them instead. i mean janus had quite some time with weir and showing her a lab or telling her about it would have been very usefull, in addition to, of course, telling her where she can find premade ones.
                              I did answer that in my post that you quoted, but you must have missed it, here's what I said again:
                              "I think the answer to that is if a means to create ZPMs exists within the city, perhaps the process is quite complex and lengthy and Janus thought the expedition may face impending doom from the Wraith shortly after arriving in the city."
                              Thus needing the actual ZPMs the moment they stepped into the city or at least shortly after.
                              Janus knew that the Wraith were aware of Atlantis's location within the Pegasus galaxy and the fact that it was going to be dangerously low on power.
                              The expedition were going to have no shield when the ZPMs had all reached maximum entropy, if the Wraith were to discover the city was reoccupied with no defense they'd attack (as they did in the episodes The Siege part 1 to 3).

Of course the fact that Janus is still an Ancient, perhaps he also thought it could corrupt the young race to have such an inexhaustible power source at their fingertips if they could make ZPMs whenever they wanted to produce them.
                              There's still also the possibility that a device that makes ZPMs may also do other things, or perhaps it's similar to the matter construction technology that Merlin and Daniel used in The Quest part 2.
                              Perhaps a normal Human on our evolutionary level can't use the device, or have the level of concentration needed to make it work like the Ancients do.

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                              I don't really think it would make much of a difference, not now that the show is coming to an end, perhaps if the Wraith are going to get upgraded somehow
                              Spoiler:
                              there's always a possibility Todd made a copy of the Asgard knowledge base on board the Daedalus in the episode The Lost Tribe, I think all 304s are at least programmed with the knowledge of Hyperdrive engines, power sources and other systems on board our ships if not all of the Asgard's knowledge.

There's always the chance that some future movie or Universe will introduce some new uber intergalactic enemy race.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              More so than having Asgard beam weapons that can destroy most known ships, including Ori, Ancient, and Wraith ships?
                              At the moment are shields are still capable of being taken down, if the Odyssey was to go to Pegasus galaxy it could probably take out most of the Wraith's fleet, like a half single handed anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X