This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyoncé Knowles wants 'Wonder Woman' role

Beyoncé has made clear her intention to play Wonder Woman when the superhero hits the big screen.

The singer revealed that she has met with bosses from both DC Comics and Warner Bros regarding a role in an upcoming comic book adaptation.

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great," she told the LA Times. "And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing."

However, the star said she knows it is important she keeps herself in shape if she is to take the role.

"I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume. The way that [original TV Wonder Woman] Lynda Carter wore it, she was so fine. She was amazing. Her waist was unbelievable. It was pretty crazy, actually, her proportions.

"I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character. It sure would be handy to have that lasso. To make everybody tell the truth? I need that. It would come in very handy."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...oman-role.html

I vote for Emily Deschanel...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Beyoncé has made clear her intention to play Wonder Woman when the superhero hits the big screen.

The singer revealed that she has met with bosses from both DC Comics and Warner Bros regarding a role in an upcoming comic book adaptation.

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great," she told the LA Times. "And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing."

However, the star said she knows it is important she keeps herself in shape if she is to take the role.

"I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume. The way that [original TV Wonder Woman] Lynda Carter wore it, she was so fine. She was amazing. Her waist was unbelievable. It was pretty crazy, actually, her proportions.

"I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character. It sure would be handy to have that lasso. To make everybody tell the truth? I need that. It would come in very handy."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...oman-role.html
      Well Tough, She cant have it. lots of people would like it, Charisma Carpenter and Morena Baccarin have both said they'd do it, but it's not up to them

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      I vote for Emily Deschanel...
      or Zoey
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

This is never going to happen. Aside from the fact that Wonder Woman has always been white the fan boy bashing will make the Stargate Universe bashing look good. Especially after the Catwoman mess
        Last edited by TheRandomOne; 09 November 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

It's not the colour of the actress' skin, it's the calibre of actress and the script. Catwoman sucked because it was a badly written movie with worse costuming. Alex Borstein was the best thing about it. If I want to see Halle show skin, there's Monsters' Ball. While I agree that an iconic character like WW should be left pretty much physically consistent with the past 60 years of comics, there's nothing inherently wrong with simply choosing the best actor for the part. Look at Daniel Craig as the Blonde Bond. And since Beyonce can't act to save her life, the best thing she could bring to that movie would be her ability to twirl.

Besides, there's already a black Wonder Woman:
          Spoiler:
          Nubia! Her Black Sister!
          *giggle* White comics writers in the 70s trying to seriously tackle race and failing never cease to make me laugh and cringe.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I like Beyonce, don't get me wrong. But as Wonder Woman? I don't think so.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah...no. I'll never ever watch it if they cast Beyonce. I just can't stand her freaking voice for some reason. Not to mention the complete lack of acting talent.

I can't imagine who they'd get to play Wonder Woman honestlly. I haven't been crazy about any one who's been mentioned. Course in my eyes DC still has a LOT to make up for after Superman Returns. The awesomeness of the Dark Knight only prepared me to forgive them for that piece o crap.
              Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Well I'm sure the costume would suit her but that role just isn't for her. I think its best to stick to the recent trend of hiring highly respected and talented actors for these superhero roles. Beyonce isn't ready and I don't know if she'll ever be. Maybe she should just play out her fantasy in a music video.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Oh yuck. That's just horrible. Her music is terrible and her acting is worse! There are plenty of women better suited to the role- I'd love to see Emily Deschanel, Morena Baccarin, or Charisma Carpenter in the role.

Comment

Beyoncé seems to small to be a convincing Amazon warrior.

~Dave

Comment

It seems as if I've been waiting FOREVER for a WW movie. Now I want to jump off of a cliff! Hopefully this is wishful thinking on her part.
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Well I'd love to play Superman, unfortunately I'm not an actor and bear absolutely no resemblace to how he's portrayed in comics.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                          It seems as if I've been waiting FOREVER for a WW movie. Now I want to jump off of a cliff! Hopefully this is wishful thinking on her part.
                          I sure hope so too.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Look at Daniel Craig as the Blonde Bond.
                            I still don't think he looks like Bond. Hair color-aside, he doesn't have the same look as all of the past actors. Funnily enough, I think he looks more like the original sketches of bond made for the book series. Craig (in the Bond movies) has that cold, killer look, where the others have looked more like playboys. While I think the killer look might be more realistic, I think the charismatic playboys are cooler from the film perspective, and also better for being undercover.

Back to Wonder Woman, I think all of the actresses listed would be pretty bad. I'm as big a Charisma Carpenter fan as anyone, but she's easily the weakest Buffyverse actor.

And Emily Deschanel, again, I'm a big fan, but I think her acting style is all wrong. So far, I think the best recent superhero casting was Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man. I thought his performance made the movie. Well Heath Ledger was the best, but he wasn't a hero.

It's kind of funny that the two favorites for the role are both known for being the female leads opposite David Boreanaz. Come to think of it, he'd make a perfect Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman's love interest). Apparently they casted him as Booth because he had that "classic leading man presence," which would be perfect for Trevor.

If you had Boreanaz & Carpenter, you'd have to bring back Joss, and then...
                            Last edited by Ripple in Space; 13 November 2008, 01:59 PM.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Beyonce, just no.
                              i don't consider her a 'serious' actress i guess
                              in my head shes just someone people will get for a role to bring in some viewers
                              i can't see her in this role it would end up looking like some joke movie

my opinion anyway
                              "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Working...
                              X