Shield bypass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield bypass.

Now that McKay altered Atlantis shield, can Ancient ships like puddlejumpers still penetrate the shields?

Probably not without Atlantis' express permision.

Comment

the better question is can the asgaurd(spelled wrong on purpose) bypass the shields still? as an attack by three ships on the drone launchers themselves would be deadly.

Comment

mckay fixed it. probably altered their jumpers too so they could still do it

Comment

I think the reason why the Asgard were able to go through the shields is multifold. 1 they have been around for a while. And 2. All they would need to do is scan the shield to ascertain the shield frequency and modulation, then modify their shields to match and then they can go through.
          Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
          End of line.

Comment

Since the Asgard were expecting the Ancients to shut their experiments down, they may have been gathering intelligence on the Ancients just in case if they ever come into conflict with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
              Since the Asgard were expecting the Ancients to shut their experiments down, they may have been gathering intelligence on the Ancients just in case if they ever come into conflict with each other.
              I mentioned something like this in another thread, it could also explain why those ships kinda look like Puddle Jumpers as this would give the Asgard the perfect element of surprise if they did want to attack the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                I mentioned something like this in another thread, it could also explain why those ships kinda look like Puddle Jumpers as this would give the Asgard the perfect element of surprise if they did want to attack the Ancients.
                I still think my thread on them being hyprid ancient/asgard ships has something to it!

McKay changed the shields frequency so nothing can get through it, I would imagine our puddle jumpers can using s specific frequency however

Comment

Woah woah woah! When was it said McKay altered the shield except to cloak the city?
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

At the end of The Lost Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                      I still think my thread on them being hyprid ancient/asgard ships has something to it!

McKay changed the shields frequency so nothing can get through it, I would imagine our puddle jumpers can using s specific frequency however

I think the ATA gene kinda prevents the Asgard from being able to use any Ancient tech that requires 'the key', so unless they were in fact some kind of Ancient transport ships that didn't use the gene key and the Asgard upgraded them with weapons I think the only other possibility that comes to my mind is that the Asgard were planning some kind of ambush on the Ancients so that they could continue their experiments on Humans in the Pegasus galaxy when the war was over.
                      I think this theory would both explain why their ships looked Ancient and could pass through Atlantis's shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                        I think the ATA gene kinda prevents the Asgard from being able to use any Ancient tech that requires 'the key', so unless they were in fact some kind of Ancient transport ships that didn't use the gene key and the Asgard upgraded them with weapons I think the only other possibility that comes to my mind is that the Asgard were planning some kind of ambush on the Ancients so that they could continue their experiments on Humans in the Pegasus galaxy when the war was over.
                        I think this theory would both explain why their ships looked Ancient and could pass through Atlantis's shield.

Well a Hybrid version could be an asgard ship with a lantean shell is my thinking. so everything is asgard except for the outside of it

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                          Well a Hybrid version could be an asgard ship with a lantean shell is my thinking. so everything is asgard except for the outside of it
                          Oh I see what you mean, that could be the case, but the Asgard would've had to find the shells and I'd assume they had more of those vessels than just the 3 we saw in that 2 part episode.
                          I guess if they'd discovered some abandoned Ancient space station, that held a bunch of their Transport ships and the Asgard just stripped the ships insides out it wouldn't have taken them long to fit their tech in them.
                          They could have still kept most of the stuff in each ships but removed say the control interface and some other bits and bobs that would stop each vessel from working.

Comment

Why wouldn't the Ancients allow the Asgard to use their stuff? They were allies after all. That should include tech exchanges where appropriate.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                              Why wouldn't the Ancients allow the Asgard to use their stuff? They were allies after all. That should include tech exchanges where appropriate.
                              It's down to the whole ATA gene thing and the fact that the Asgard don't possess it.

Comment

Working...
                              X