This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CW & Warner Bros. TV Scrap Graysons

The CW and Warner Bros. TV have been forced to scrap their plans for "The Graysons," reports Variety. The show, which had been given a put pilot commitment, was set to revolve around Batman sidekick Robin in his pre-Caped Crusader days.

The trade says the decision to yank the project came from Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov, who initially gave his blessing but changed his mind in recent days.

The CW had been counting on "The Graysons" to fill the void left by the likely series end of "Smallville." Like "Smallville," "The Graysons" is a superhero origins story. The show was developed to revolve around the world of Dick "DJ" Grayson before taking on the iconic Robin identity.

"The studio has opted not to go forward with the development of 'The Graysons' at this time as the concept doesn't fit the current strategy for the Batman franchise," the studio said in a statement. "Warner Bros. Television is currently working on several replacement options for the CW."

A script had not yet been written for "The Graysons," which was still in early stages of development.

The one-hour "Graysons" was to be set in modern times and focus on young DJ as he faced challenges involving first loves, young rivals and his family -- a famous juggling act -- as he grew up.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=7787

This is due to the fan boy back slash. I think this idea got worse bashing then Stargate Universe will ever get

Comment

Merciful Rao!
      The concept of a proto-sidekick named 'DJ' and his family of 'professional jugglers'... I didn't know whether to laugh or weep when I read it the first time. Thankfully, TPTB realized that the concept was utter crap and shelved it.
      A young Batman show would also probably turn out like Smallville has, too. How about a show ABOUT a hero actually BEING a hero? But that would require intelligent writing and massive amounts of special effects.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

best news ive had all weekend

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        This is due to the fan boy back slash. I think this idea got worse bashing then Stargate Universe will ever get
        quoted for truth
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Ummm the Grayson familly pre Robin huh? So just guessing here but it sounds like 'The Hardy Boys' meets Barnum & Bailey lol

I don't see it having gone beyond a single season, like Birds of Prey. For the record I LOVED that show though.
          Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Working...
          X