Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - Season 5 Finale - Jan. 9 '09

At The Futon Critic:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

SCI FI, USA SET JANUARY BOWS; "INVASION," "MOONLIGHT" REPEATS JOIN SCI FI

By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

-- "Stargate Atlantis" then will close its run on Friday, January 9 at 9:00/8:00c followed by the season finale of "Sanctuary" at 10:00/9:00c.

-- The following week on Friday, January 23, Sci Fi will add repeats of the short-lived dramas "Invasion" and "Moonlight" at 8:00/7:00c and 9:00/8:00c, respectively, leading into "Galactica" at 10:00/9:00c.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

So does that mean Vegas airs on the 2nd?
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      So does that mean Vegas airs on the 2nd?
      Possibly. Or...it could also air on the 9th.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I could see Vegas airing on the 2nd
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I could see Vegas airing on the 2nd
          The SciFi Channel schedulebot has an incomplete preliminary schedule up through Jan 5 '09. It does reflect a SGA marathon on Jan. 2, but it doesn't reflect that it is season five episodes.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

this will be a sad day

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
            Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
            SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
              this will be a sad day
              Indeed it will, knowing MGM betrayed the fans and cancelled this great show. I'll still watch SCI FI because there are other shows on the network and because they did not have a hand in the cancellation they just agreed on a decision already made. I know someone who works at SCI FI who knows a rep from MGM. They planned to cancel Atlantis before even Season 5 aired, how about that?
              sigpic

Comment

this will be a sad day
                Indeed... snif!

Comment

this will be a sad day
                  Yeah, it will be. Maybe a little more bittersweet for me now, after having so much time to cope with the fact that Atlantis is ending. I am sad the end is so near, but also excited to see how TPTB end the show.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

this will be a sad day
                    indeed in some way

Bad because the last atlantis show

good because i think it will be a great show

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Indeed it will, knowing MGM betrayed the fans and cancelled this great show. I'll still watch SCI FI because there are other shows on the network and because they did not have a hand in the cancellation they just agreed on a decision already made. I know someone who works at SCI FI who knows a rep from MGM. They planned to cancel Atlantis before even Season 5 aired, how about that?
                      Probably wanted the 100 episodes, they probably would have canceled it during s4 if not for them being so close to 100.

/speculation.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        Probably wanted the 100 episodes, they probably would have canceled it during s4 if not for them being so close to 100.

/speculation.
                        The chances for a renewal based on performance/ratings was actually better for a 6th season pickup.

Ironic the show does better and it gets cancelled by it's production company. I knew something was up after Comic Con. The decision was made likely months ago.
                        sigpic

Comment

As the ABBA song said

"Money money it's a rich man world" That what it comes down to at the end of the day. Finances is what it is, the fact their are fans who love the show are only interests MGM so long as their balance sheets is up. Paramount did it to Star Trek Enterprise. They did 100 espisodes and that get sydnicate reruns.

Atlantis is worth more money that way because MGM is not putting any more money into the show. The only money is in coming and that is to thir benefit. The new StarGate Universe will be cheaper to make one established actor and the rest not so well known so not so big a pay check.

MCH
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

So it all comes down to money and the fans have little say in the matter.

Still let's hope the last show will be as fantastic as the rest of series five has been so far.

Tune In, Turn On, Burn Out .......

Comment

yeah, life sucks. Deal with it Brian. Many great shows I liked were cancelled and many will be
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X