PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis tshirt problems

griffindorgirl
November 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
In July, finally got my Stargate Atlantis Key Art Tee. I have only washed it 2 times since then. The coloring is turning different and it looks weird. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Attached is one of my photo ops from Shore Leave were I bought the tee. http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/griffindorgirl/Scan0004.jpg ]

Jersey13
November 6th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I think this is in the wrong section, but anyway, I don't think that's a t-shirt produced by Shore Leave. If it was, it'd have "Shore Leave" written on it. I would imagine you probably bought that from a vendor, and if so, Caveat Emptor... Let the Buyer Beware. Some of those vendors may stoop low enough to use transfers instead. :(

griffindorgirl
November 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Atlantis Key Art Tee is produced by Creation Ent. I don't know what is happening to the shirt.

drjacksonfan
November 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I've had a few shirts from Creation and like a lot of shirts after a while they start to show signs of fading.
Its not worth trying to contact Creation over problems with shirts. i had a star trek shirt with a typo on it. I never heard back.

Scary Kitty
November 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Here's a general "care and feeding of t-shirts" tip I've learned: Whenever I wash t-shirts with elaborate painted designs (like the SGA key art t-shirt is), I always turn them inside out and use the gentle cycle in the washer. I put the shirts in the dryer on a cooler temperature and take them out before they are completely dry (the seams are still pretty damp), and put them on a hanger (which I hang in my shower) to finish drying. I find this helps to preserve the images for a lot longer.

Hope that helps. :)

griffindorgirl
November 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Here's a general "care and feeding of t-shirts" tip I've learned: Whenever I wash t-shirts with elaborate painted designs (like the SGA key art t-shirt is), I always turn them inside out and use the gentle cycle in the washer. I put the shirts in the dryer on a cooler temperature and take them out before they are completely dry (the seams are still pretty damp), and put them on a hanger (which I hang in my shower) to finish drying. I find this helps to preserve the images for a lot longer.

Hope that helps. :)

Thank you. I am hoping to replace the tee soon. It's my favorite Atlantis tee that I have.