Drones baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones baby

couple of things that might help when we watch atlantis.

1: How many drones are in Atlantis
    2: How many drones are in a Aurora class warship
    3: What is the explosive yield of a drone (350 megatons or 3 gigatons ect)
    I will attempt to answer the questions.

1: 4,344,000
    2: 400,000-4,000,000 (large number since most believe Aurora's only have drones)
    3: 375 megatons to 1 gigaton and what ever amount of energy given to it from the ZPM.

what do is your guess.

they did have drone babies in SGA s4 (Harmony)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      they did have drone babies in SGA s4 (Harmony)
      Reusable self guided kinetic penetrators.

Their smaller so they won'tmount the same boom, they probably wen't even suposed to go boom.

Comment

in a truely intelligent design, any "physical" ammunition would have a way of generating as many as needed.

we know you can use teleporter beams as a matter converter, who is to say the alterrans didnt invent it first and the asgard got it from their copy of the ancient database? if so, they would have a couple hundred and then be able to make as many as they want.

answer:
        the writers havent given a solid answer, so to give the alterrans the benefit of the doubt, they had as many as they have the raw resources/materials to make. hell they could even cannibalize part of their ship if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom
          Reusable self guided kinetic penetrators.

Their smaller so they won'tmount the same boom, they probably wen't even suposed to go boom.
          yeah but they were babies nonetheless, which proves that drones do reproduce

Comment

Drones don't really explode they just plow throught anything in their path, and the ancients didn't have matter converters because thats one area the asgard were more advanced in, yes the asgard do have better tech in some areas (OMG, the aliens with brains the size of beachballs advance faster than the human ancients, big suprise)

Comment

where do you get the information that the ancients did not have matter conversion tech?

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                and the ancients didn't have matter converters
                I suggest that you watch The Quest
                sigpic

Comment

I don't see why the Drone weapons are always compared in yield. If you look at the weapons system, its designed to pierce just about anything then detonate a fairly low yield warhead on an enemy critical system. Thses weapons do not need a very big yield if they can cut through enemy defences like Swiss Cheese.

The Ancients had matter converters ever since they created the Stargate as it dematerializes matter and stores it in a buffer, sends its to the gate dialed and then Rematerializes.

Comment

They were manufactured as part of their research, not born. Also what your suggesting is that drones are living, can have families etc which seems quite absurd considering how the ancients used the, and the ancients wouldn't have extinguished a life to aid them if there was any alternative. Also do you think that you can get a pregnant drone, or do they lay eggs?
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

No, their just smaller versions, like.... tanks VS. humvees.

Comment

1: 7,300,000,000

2: 8,000,000

3: Jumper: several megatons max
                        Atlantis: dependent on power available
                        Aurora: 100 megatons unless equipped with ZPM then dependent on power available.

My estimates are based on the drones relying on their shield and amor piercing abilities and the fact that in most of the battle swarms of drones are launched against capital ships.

Comment

Drones are not alive. Drones might be kept in a matterstorage device like the wraith and the ancients could hold as many drones as they would like in there warships and since they go right threw there targets hulls and shields (harder to do with the ori shields but there are to many variables. do not discuss please) i guess they would not need to have a large yield and they could put as much energy in it as they wanted.

Comment

350 MT? Are frikken crazy? The explosive yield would be more like 500 pounds.

Comment

The actual explosive yield of a drone appears to be variable. We've seen them blow huge chunks out of ships e.g. the Traveler Aurora owning the Asuran one and we've also seen them cause pretty small explosions. I think the main damage they do is through penetration, the impact of them forcing their way through the shield or trying to causes damage. If they work as MGM describes in their tech manual.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X