Cloaking Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloaking Device

Do the cloaking devices seen in SG1 specifically the ones used by Nirtii and the Ashrak just cloak visually or do they block sound such as movement and footsteps aswell? Considering they can all still interact physically with everything around them I would assume you could hear footsteps. Any thoughts?

I am unsure, although the cloaked ashrak in Divide & Conquer wasn't seen nor heard by anyone, so I suppose it's possible; although I don't know if this has been established in the series/movies.

Other cloaking devices which put users out of phase or shift them slightly into other dimensions (such as the ones used by puddle jumpers, arthur's mantle & the sodan) certainly do & have been proven to do so in cannon insofar as I am aware. Other forms of cloaking technology may also be out there, we just haven't encountered it/seen them in.

Comment

the cloaking tech of merlin/sodan was different than nirti and the bug dudes from show and tell in like S2 of sg1

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
        Do the cloaking devices seen in SG1 specifically the ones used by Nirtii and the Ashrak just cloak visually or do they block sound such as movement and footsteps aswell? Considering they can all still interact physically with everything around them I would assume you could hear footsteps. Any thoughts?
        I would like to think that akren is right; to add to it, the Nirtii one I would think actually bends the light and/or puts them somewhat out of phase. The sodan one puts them out of phase visually because in the episode where Mitchel goes out of phase he can see, but not touch, teal'c and teal'c can see him.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Nirtti's and the Ashrak's cloak were based on the science behind the Re'tuu ability.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
            Nirtti's and the Ashrak's cloak were based on the science behind the Re'tuu ability.
            Do you have any evidence?
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

the guns used to see the retuu revealed nirtii.. there is no example of the retuu gun revealing a sodan/merlin cloaked person.

different techs

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
                i think it depends on from how it is, but nirrti chould atteck while cloak so i think it whould be possible to atteck a person in cloak

bra´tac hit the ashrak whit a staff weapon

Comment

I'm not sure if they do block sound but every time I've seen them used SG1 or other base personel never get alerted by footsteps or heavy breathing (after running or whatever)

Comment

That part is the same as with Sodan cloaks, the Zombie Sodan was able to hit people and was killed by an explosion. Also one of the Sodan fires on Mitchell during his training while cloaked. That part is the same with all cloaks (not counting higher dimension transporters). As for footsteps, that part is unknown and sound is probably block, because we never heard the Re'tuu

Comment

I don't know,but I like more the C4 think...

Comment

"cloak" shields somebody from light. Jumpers, and all cloaks we have seen just bend light and censors. Jumpers can still be hit while cloaked.

"phase generators" shift you into another demsion. You can see and hear, but can not be saw or heard. How you interact with things is unknown. Perhaps it makes a bubble around you, when something leaves the bubble is isn't out of phase.
                        However, Merlin's device does not make a bubble, but makes a subspace connection with every atom in the bubble so they can leave the area of effect and stay phased out.

Go Green

Comment

Working...
                        X