X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - Zap2It: Teyla Emmagan from ‘Stargate Atlantis’

At Zap2It:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Teyla Emmagan from ‘Stargate Atlantis’

By Michael Korb

October 28

When you’re the queen of a now primitive but once technologically advanced community traveling across galaxies in a spaceship full of human explorers, dressing for the occasion can be a challenge. There’s not exactly a Gap in outer space (well, there might be; it’s difficult to know for sure). But for Teyla Emmagan (Rachel Luttrell) of Stargate Atlantis, airing Fridays on Sci-Fi Channel, her ace in the hole is costume designer Valerie Halverson.

“Teyla was the leader of her people – the Athosians – but she has come onto Atlantis to help guide them,” says Halverson, who designs everything for the series. “We tried to get her looking more like a team member, so we gave her a sleeker, sexier uniform, but also wanted to keep an elegance about her. After all, she is a queen. I’ve always tried to convey that. She’s a regal hunter.”

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Why can't scifi release these other promo pics?
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Hmm, that's a nice coat. We haven't seen it yet, have we?

When will we?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Teyla has been wearing some rather Earth-like outfits the past few seasons. I'm wondering where all these exotic clothes are coming from.

And I think she wore that coat in Missing.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, morjana.

I love this coat too, but I don't think we've seen it before because her coat in Missing was brown leather and her black leather coat in Kindred was a maternity coat. This coat seems to have a good deal of non-leather detailing.

I wonder if this is just a promo shot or if we'll see her in this coat in an upcoming episode.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
          X