This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You Liking Season 5?

Im just wondering what everyones views are on Season 5.
    Is it good? Is it bad? Should it really be canceled or should it stay?
    I personally am liking it very much and do not believe it should be cancelled.

Give the Season a rating out of 10 and say what you think is good and bad about it.
    I would rate it a good 8 - 9/10.
    I think the whole Season has been good and nothing really wrong with it except the ending of Ghost In The Machine.
    Discuss Away!

I'm torn - I'm having a love-hate relationship with S5. As a Wraith fan, I know that this is the last chance to learn anything about them (we already know how humans function, and so revelations are not needed about human biology, social structure, culture, etc). So, I am VERY grateful that this season has revealed so much about Wraith society, and a little about their biology and tech. However...what we get this season is all we'll get, and so I doubt we'll ever know about their reproduction (of non-cloned queens/faced Wraith), or whether or not they have any sort of recreation/games or indulgences other than - well...other than feeding. We'll never learn about their grooming habits, or their education/training system (outside of the few who hunt for sport and practice), or hear their language. Just knowing that there is much we will NEVER know about Wraith saddens me, making this a bittersweet season...giving us some things, but not nearly enough.

Now, there are some things I am NOT happy with - the growing arrogance of the team, and their incapability of taking responsibility for their actions and the continued dummying down of the Wraith are probably my main complaints. Otherwise, the season has been full of surprises, suspense and a good amount of action. I love Todd's continued development (as long as they don't kill him), and Woolsey has been a great addition - SO much more personality than Sam and Weir, who just should have been written a bit better (blame male writers for not understanding women).

I can't say if it's my favorite - or least favorite - season yet. So far, it's running around an 8 on a scale of 10.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Season five, is being very, very bittersweet to me as well.
      I think that the Teyla arc has been lost.

And I agree the way the wraith are talking is weird. The wraith refer to their fighters as darts, which unless i'm very mistaken was a atlantis expedition based word, they made up for the wraith fighters.

Todd, what a character. Proving to be a very very very interesting fellow indeed especially since his turn last season from reunited wraith, to leader of a wraith alliance.

I feel that Woolsey is a really strong leading character at times. Less of a whining little *****, and more of a commander. Props the JoePaul for making this character shine through a little more heroically. Especially in Inquisition.

Doctor Jackson, McKay, and the super awesome, Pegasus Asgard. Hmmm. I loved this episode however it really should have been followed. I mean, come on, just awesome.
      I love those little guys. However it missed the whole O'Niell thing.
      O'Niell made the connection with the Asgard so much more interesting, it gave it conviction in the fifth race.
      Sheppard should have been the one to go, with Jackson, not and i repeat, not McKay.
      I do not believe that McKay is a deep enough, as is Sheppard at times. Cocky, leading men, with a kind heart, and burdened by command are both traits that Sheppard and O'Neill have. That's why Sheppard should've made first contact with the Pegasus Asgard and made it so so

Stay away from ghost in the machine, deny this episodes existance and fill it with a good episode. Every season theirs a pretty dudd episode.
      And this was IMHO season five's.

How could they dare bring back the notion of weir, in another body.
      It's like bringing back Ford and sticking him in some weird guy like OJ simpson.
      "Hey i'm Ford"(although the episode plots about Ford's wife seeing another man, and mysteriously winding up dead.)

Actually on that note, Ford should've come back. Not Weir. She whacked!!!! lol
      true guys sorry. Rainbow should've taken the team's reigns and Weir should've died until the replacement came. Weir should've died instead of Sumner.

Oh in that is a regret and disappointment. Sheppard's Sumner burden never revisted.
      SO on a whole, i dont like tha stories so far because the whole series could/should've/may've gone in another whole direction.

BUT WITH WHAT'S BEEN WRITTEN AND SHOWN ON SCIFI. NOT FRIKKEN BAD.
      I LIKE IT HEAPS. BUT I WISH WE HAD A 22 EPIOSDE SEASON. LOL.
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

I've only watched Shrine, Queen, and the last 20 minutes of Seed. Queen was just okay but I thought Seed stunk. It would appear that Shrine is the highlight of the season so far, so I'm glad I caught it. However, I haven't bothered watching anything else and the ep summaries and ep threads on GW haven't motivated me to do so.

I'm very disappointed to read that Teyla, my second favorite character, has been largely chewing the scenery. I'm even more disappointed to read that McKay, my favorite character, has been paired with Keller, who I don't care for. At all.

So I guess it's safe to say no, I'm not liking s5 because I'm not watching it. That's due largely to the fact that I didn't enjoy s4 and everything I've read indicates s5 is more of the same.

Comment

I don't like it. Are you suprised?
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

I would be surprised if you said if you did like it
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest. This season has been great so far in many ways, its had my favourite episode of all time and some wonderful moments . But the amount of Keller and especially McKeller does make the cancellation less of a blow
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I have mixed feelings on season 5, and so can't give an overall score really. The episodes have varied in quality so much, that some I've loved, other's I've felt disappointed with, and some I've thought were superficially good, but don't bear too much scrutiny. I'm not as full of praise as I was last season, but I am going to criticise the series constructively here.

IMO, it started very strongly and I was full of high hopes for a season 6. I loved season 4 and was delighted where TPTB took the show.

In season 5, I loved Search and Rescue, The Seed, Broken Ties, enjoyed Daedalus Variations, GITM, Whispers, Tracker and The Queen well enough. I found flaws in all of these episodes, but on the whole I was entertained, if not blown away by all episodes. Those I liked most were one's where the team all featured and had a part to play. The episodes I didn't like so much weren't even bad, IMO, they just had lost some of the sparkle I usually see in SGA episodes.

Parts of The Shrine were wonderful. And parts made me feel pretty annoyed and let down as a viewer. I didn't like the way the team were portrayed in parts and certainly didn't enjoye Keller's lack of objectivity and lack of professionalism. The declaration of Rodney's love for Keller was so heavy handed and out of the blue, I didn't know whether to laugh or vomit!

FC/TLT had some good parts, and some parts which bored me. They certainly weren't of the standard I'd hoped for, to be honest. Outsiders was enjoyable, maninly because it felt more team-y, Inquisition a big disappointment on some levels - not hard hitting enough, and quite shallow, IMO.

With Brain Storm and Identity coming up, I'm concerned - because they sound dreadful, from spoilers, as far as I'm concerned. Vegas and Remnants I'm looking forward to, and I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind, but hope and pray I won't be disappointed with them. Infection I'm keeping an open mind about too, same for Enemy at the Gate. Neither of these episodes do I know much about, nor do I want to.

I think at the end of the season, I'm going to say I think season 5 was a pretty mixed bag. I haven't liked the lack of Teyla, and Keller being squeezed into episodes. Keller's general writing and portrayal I haven't enjoyed much at all. In fact, as the season has progressed I've had to kick myself to stop myself getting incredibly irritated by her. The love triangle? Honestly, I think it was pathetic. The McKeller? YUK, horrible, badly done, unnecessary and just a waste of time.

The splitting up of the team I've REALLY disliked. On the plus side, I've loved Woolsey, but haven't seen him intigrated as much as I'd have liked and the fact that he's missing for episodes in a row has been annoying, (I felt the same with Carter last season). Though, on the plus side, when Keller's been missing I've not minded at all

I hope the remaining episodes do improve. I want the team feel back, I want to feel horribly sad SGA is ending. At the moment, I feel sort of apathetic about it all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  I don't like it. Are you suprised?
                  Why dont you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Why dont you like it?
                    I don't like SGA direction since season 2. For example: lack of exploration of Atlantis and its history + technology, stupid enemies (wraith and Assurans), too powerful Earth vessels, invincible heroes, uninteresting characters, no Ancients, stupid stories and it's an episodical show which I really hate and much more...
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

And yet you still spend time watching it...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        And yet you still spend time watching it...
                        yes I do...
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          yes I do...
                          Masochism is a treatable condition you know

I've enjoyed it in bits (mainly the bits without Keller) but in essence Atlantis hasn't changed since Season 1 when it's good it's sensational.....but when it's bad.....it's diabolical.

Comment

I've lost interest in it. Watched a few eps but found only a couple I enjoyed, like the Shrine was pretty good.

When tptb started to keller triangle love of doom that was the nail in the coffin for me. They made ronon into a bumbling caveman, sheppard is even more of a marty stu and teyla has become the wall flower. McKay even seems a bit OoC and I never really liked that character.

Ghost in the Machine was a dreeded insult to all Weir fans who had stayed with the show. No closure for the character, just an OoC character left floating in deep space. Blah, hated it.

Woolsey was one of the better additions, but now he's just a clich'e bumbling administrator instead of being the pencil pushing jerk that I wanted him to remain as.

I usually lose interest in sci-fi schows before hubby does but the last few eps sci-fi addict hubby has stated SGA is "not that good anymore." This from a man who lives and breathes science fiction. When I asked him what I should name the ship in my own sci-fi story his reply naturally was: "The Eneterprise." LOL.

Nope, SGA has definatly lost it's glowling shine IMO.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              Nope, SGA has definatly lost it's glowling shine IMO.
                              that's Stargate franchise for me
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X