I'm cornfused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm cornfused

how can scientists say that the big bang happened but directly contradicts the law of conservation of mass. Also, how can something that is infinite in size come from something that has a finite size?

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
    how can scientists say that the big bang happened but directly contradicts the law of conservation of mass. Also, how can something that is infinite in size come from something that has a finite size?
    Same reason Scientists believe in The Theory of Relativty, and Quantum Theory. They contradict eachother, but still work. We just don't have enough information to explain how they work together.

The Big Bang happened, but because we don't have enough information of the early formation of the Universe, we are unsure of what happened, how and why. Also, we are unsure of what existed before the Big Bang, and what set off the bang.

Comment

Because the current theory states that the beginning came a infinite small size.

Also the membrane theory means that they would not be breaking any conservations laws.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Because the current theory states that the beginning came a infinite small size.

Also the membrane theory means that they would not be breaking any conservations laws.
        isn't that an oxymoron?

KEEP IT CLEAN

Comment

isn't that an oxymoron?
          infinitely small- .0000000...0000...1
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

there is no absolute proof of the big bang theory, but there is theoretically supporting evidence.

there is evidence that we THINK supports it, but there is no absolute proof.

Comment

isn't that an oxymoron?
              yes.
              but when you start thinking about complex scientific subjects you start to get lot of oxymorons when spoken in the English language but makes sense when you talk about mathematically and equations.

And as I am terrable the maths side I cannot explained using that language.

Whole and I was not the one that came up with the solution either. That was guy who probably far intelligence than either of us are and probably done a lot more research into the subject.

Comment

Someone missed a crucial science class.

Our universe is not infinite in size. It is estimated the the observable universe has a diameter of roughly 75 billion light years.

The ball that came before the big bang was an infinitely small, infinitely dense object, which is why all this matter/energy in the universe was able to come from something smaller then a proton.

Comment

Law of conservation of mass only applies to chemical reactions, we know from Einstein that mass can be converted in energy and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                    Someone missed a crucial science class.

Our universe is not infinite in size. It is estimated the the observable universe has a diameter of roughly 75 billion light years.

The ball that came before the big bang was an infinitely small, infinitely dense object, which is why all this matter/energy in the universe was able to come from something smaller then a proton.
                    i'm only in chemistry

KEEP IT CLEAN

Comment

Hahahahahahahahah
                      Way to come back!!

But I agree that the english language isn't capable of clearly describing those events. Thats why maths is so bloody handy. And makes me wish I stayed awake in maths class............

But surely, energy can't be created, if I remember physics right. It can only be converted from another form???
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                        But surely, energy can't be created, if I remember physics right. It can only be converted from another form???
                        Mass can be converted into Energy, and vice-versa, so that's blurring the lines a little there, but still.

Comment

..............so............I'm right?
                          Or I'm wrong??

I'm just gona go ahead an assume u mean I'm almost right
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                            ..............so............I'm right?
                            Or I'm wrong??

I'm just gona go ahead an assume u mean I'm almost right
                            Me to

I'm going to assume that I was right too

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                              Me to

I'm going to assume that I was right too
                              Can't argue with a good assumption! Like, I assume I am so awesome I can fly, and look, its truuuueeeeeeee............................*splat*
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X