This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Ahearne creates superhero series for BBC

Ultraviolet and Apparitions creator and director Joe Ahearne is working on Superpower, a superhero series commissioned by the BBC, which will treat the subject seriously.

Ahearne, who also directed five episodes of the first season of the revived Doctor Who, told The Stage, “It is a new and original superhero idea which is not a send-up. All the superhero stuff that is on TV in this country - ITV’s No Heroics, My Hero - British TV is happy to do if it is a send-up, but no one has done it for real."

Although Ahearne admits to being a fan of Marvel comics, he won't be using cliffhanger endings for each episode. "There is a particular gimmick in mine, which I won’t give away, but it means it will be refreshed every episode," he said.

Impossible Pictures, responsible for Primeval, will produce Superpower, although it has yet to be given a green light by the BBC.

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2635-joe...series-for-bbc

This will be hilarious, no one will be able to take it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      This will be hilarious, no one will be able to take it seriously.
      Why? Heroes has shown that it is possible to create superhero series that aren't parodies in the modern day. It looks to me like it will be a British-Heroes and I'm prepared to give it a go, though I doubt it will be as good.

Comment

Because any time British producers try to make a Sci Fi or fantasy series that's serious they fail compltely. People over here just don't take that sort of thing seriously, at least when it's British for some reason.

Comment

So, a British-Heroes?

And yeah, this doesn't sound good...

All we have are Soaps, Family-Saturday-Evening Shows and Documentaries.

Comment

Given the BBC success lately in these type of shows I hope it get the ahead. I liked Ultraviolet. And it seem the BBC at the moment willing to give shows the money and profile to do it probably .

Comment

Working...
            X